E. James next team....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

E. James next team....

I say the Saints, makes a perfect fit, he'd get 12-20 carries a game, splitting time with Reggie Bush, (who has major injury concerns).   It's the only team he has a chance to be somewat of a starting RB.  

It's a shame to see the injuries take their course on James, who in his prime with Indy was one of the best RB's I've ever watched.   Not many guys can come into a team that gives away Marshall Faulk and is drafted 4th overall and makes no one think twice about the pick.    One of the other best RBs was I've ever watched was Fred Taylor in his rookie year, but the injuries changed him and he's never been close to what he was.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: E. James next team....

How about he returns to the Colts or he retires,those are other options other than the Saints.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

Team Unemployment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

That is actually a decent fit. Deuce is done. And New Orleans wisely spent their money/picks selecting quality defensive backs and Stanley Arnoux.

Edge has slowed, but he is a solid counterpart to Bush, who is likely not big enough to be a full time runner in the NFL.

I just wonder if James will take another platoon role after biting and scratching his way of Arizona because he wanted more touches.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

Pierre Thomas is fine and perhaps what Edge is now. I don't think the Saints are that concerned about their offense and Thomas in that regard. Despite his issues, he was one of the more productive fantasy backs during those past few weeks of the season, too... Nice sleeper if you need a RB3, I'd guess..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Solid point. I agree. Pierre Thomas probably will give the Saints as much as Edge could at this point.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Well, if I remember correctly, when Emmit Smith was washed up but still wanted to play he went to .  .  . 

Wait .  .  . 

Oh .  .  .

Never mind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

The Saints would make sense, the problem is they pretty much need to spend the rest of their cap on defense.

There are a couple of cold weather teams that could be interested... I'm not sure if he'd want to go there though.

I think Green Bay is kinda interesting. With Ryan Grant having a little bit of a down year last year the Packers could probably use a veteran to keep them both healthy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I think at this point James doesn't need the money, remember he cleaned up on that rookie contract he signed, it was like for 40 plus million, plus Arizona paid him well.    Look for the Redskins to probably offer him 1 million with incentives to back up Clinton Portis.   Other teams that could use him include the Rams, Texans, Buffalo Bills, 49'ers, Seattle, Green Bay, or even the Bengals. 

Actually the Bengals and Seattle are the best fits for him because he has a decent chance to earn a starting job and try to rush for 1,000 yards on more time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

rumor is possibly KC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Detriot Lions.  They need everything. Especially to protect/ offload the new QB