E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Re: E. Sanders signed to offer sheet

In response to nomadfan's comment:

So Sanders is an one year rental, correct? If he did not work out, the Pat lost this year's third pick and 2 millions(?). If he works out and wants a bigger pay day after the season and the Pats cannot come to term with him, he'll be gone as well.

You had better give up on the Patriots and root for one of 31 other teams that are much better at putting together a winning team. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Yes I do not submit unqyestioning rosy scenarios, in contrast to the kool aid drinkers and pretended know it all  here who think the Pats front office and coaching staff can do no wrong until they complain and moan in January.

No.  You are worse.  You complain about everything.  Literally every move the FO makes is stupid.  It is a wonder we win any games.

Did I say anything against the signing of Adrain Wilson or Tommy Kelly? Did I advocate for any overpriced signing? Many professional sports writers raised questions about a number of the FA moves and negotiating tactics of the Pats as well. Matbe some are satisfied with just being a lemming fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

What kind of convesration or understanding did the Pats had with Talib's agent prior to his 4 months' rental for those of you so in the know of how the Pats do things?

I don't profess to really 'know' how the Pats do things but aren't the Talib and Sanders situations just a bit different?  Pats have been known to make trades similar to the Talib deal in the past.  If the player works out they make an effort to re-sign him.  On the other hand, I can't recall BB ever tendering another team's RFA before.  

Regardless a lot of what is posted in this forum is speculation either positive or negative.

I don't remember either, but love his no stone unturned philosophy. This if it comes to fruition is a beautiful move and gives us a ton of flexibility in the draft, not pressuring us to take a wideout, and, getting one who is proven for essesnrtially a 4th round pick because our third is a late one.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Yes I do not submit unqyestioning rosy scenarios, in contrast to the kool aid drinkers and pretended know it all  here who think the Pats front office and coaching staff can do no wrong until they complain and moan in January.

No.  You are worse.  You complain about everything and provide no substance to your arguments.  Literally every move the FO makes is stupid.  It is a wonder we win any games.

Thank you.  I share the same sentiments towards the vagrant.  

The situations are not even CLOSE to being comparable.  During the season, we were lacking CB depth and McCourty looked like a stud at safety so we take a very high reward, low risk deal and bring in a good CB to help win a Super Bowl.  It didn't work out, but if we would have won the Super Bowl and Talib was a huge part of it, it would have looked even better.  That's the risk you can take when you are competing for a Super Bowl every year, have a good cap situation, and have stockpiled so many draft picks in prior years.  

Also, last I checked, Talib is back in a Pats uni.  Not sure where the argument is.

People can be so miserable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

You had better give up on the Patriots and root for one of 31 other teams that are much better at putting together a winning team. 

Is the right to disagree with everything a team does a requirement before one become a fan and enjoy the team? Your attitude is better fit to be a cult member.  Voicing ccritical question was in the hope that the team could do better.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Did I say anything against the signing of Adrain Wilson or Tommy Kelly? Did I advocate for any overpriced signing? Many professional sports writers raised questions about a number of the FA moves and negotiating tactics of the Pats as well. Matbe some are satisfied with just being a lemming fan.

Then what did you want?  For us to keep Wes?  Because there are lots of sportswriters including people at the dam globe who have argued that with a 2 TE offense Wes is redundant.

So let me get this straight.  You didn't advocate for any overpriced signing yet you complain about most of the signing we have made.  Maybe actually say what you would have done differently and explain why for once instead of just panning moves without a substantive argument.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

pcmIV

so if Welker is irrelevant in a 2 TE offense, how would replacing Welker with a player who plays in the same position and style any better?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

pcmIV

so if Welker is irrelevant in a 2 TE offense, how would substituing Welker with a player who plays in the same position and style any better?

I didn't say that.  I just said there are "sportswriters" who have said that just as there are "sportswriters" that have panned the Pats FA moves like letting Wes go.  Maybe say what you actually think as I alluded to in my previous post as opposed to just complaining?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I wonder if this means that BB has a deal in place to deal Mallet also. If sanders signs i have hard time believing that BB would go into the draft with just two picks.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

1. Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn51m

What could prevent Steelers from matching Pats on Emmanual Sanders? Only 3 teams have less cap space. Pick No. 91 may tempt GM Kevin Colbert

Expand
    2. Ed WerderEd Werder ‏@Edwerderespn1h

Expect Steelers to match Patriots offer sheet and retain WR Emmanual Sanders. He's vital after loss of Mike Wallace and offer easy to match

Expand

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

For instance I welcome the resigning of Edelman that was just posted by Reiss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Steelers Fans are blogging the terms are 1 year at 1.9 Mil and the Steelers will likely match.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

For instance I welcome the resigning of Edelman that was just posted by Reiss.

yayyyyy!  I knew you had it in ya!!  Smile mr. vagrant!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Steelers Fans are blogging the terms are 1 year at 1.9 Mil and the Steelers will likely match.

Basically the Steelers have to decide if they want to further F up their cap and potentially lose Sanders next year for nothing or take NE's 3rd round pick this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

I wonder if this means that BB has a deal in place to deal Mallet also. If sanders signs i have hard time believing that BB would go into the draft with just two picks.  

I wondered this as well when they first brought Sanders up here for a look see. So if we lose this 3rd to Pitt we then have a 1st, 2nd, and 2 7ths and yes that seems a bit lean. Mallett may well bring a few middle rd picks back.

Time will tell. It's what makes the time leading up to the draft fun and actually a sport in itself...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Not familiar with offer sheets so if anybody could enlighten me, please do so.

Say the Steelers match.  Can we counter-match?  For instance, if they match, can we get into a bidding war and up the offer to, say, 2.3M?  And then if either folds, the other gets him?  Is it then Sanders' choice?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Basically the Steelers have to decide if they want to further F up their cap more and potentially lose Sanders next year for nothing or take NE's 3rd round pick this year.

I hear ya but aren't we running the same risk?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

We have the money to sign Sanders long term.  If he is productive next season the Steelers probably don't.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

We have the money to sign Sanders long term.  If he is productive next season the Steelers probably don't.

Makes sense.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Basically the Steelers have to decide if they want to further F up their cap more and potentially lose Sanders next year for nothing or take NE's 3rd round pick this year.

Not really. They could already have it agreed upon that sanders will signa an extension in the middle of the year. Really, BB only offering one year sounds stupid on the surface but in actuality Its a stroke of genius.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Say the Steelers match.  Can we counter-match?  For instance, if they match, can we get into a bidding war and up the offer to, say, 2.3M?  And then if either folds, the other gets him?  Is it then Sanders' choice?

No. If the Steelers match they get him at that contract. End of story.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

probably but thats bad biz if u ask me. I think the best thing the pats could have done is just offered a decent enough long term deal to make it impossible for steelers to match. If money is the same, Sanders will like to stay put I assume. After seeing that tweet, I would say its likely we lose out on him and may have to draft a rook which would excite you, but I wanted the sure shot as opposed to potential.  Frown

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

Not really. They could already have it agreed upon that sanders will signa an extension in the middle of the year. Really, BB only offering one year sounds stupid on the surface but in actuality Its a stroke of genius.

I believe that this would be a serious violation of the rules and if proven could cost the Patriots big time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I believe that this would be a serious violation of the rules and if proven could cost the Patriots big time.

This happens all the time and is impossible to prove.  If you don't think teams at least float out possible contract parameters in general terms to get a feel for what they have to do to get a deal done on something like this I have a bridge to sell you :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Good pick up, he's a younger, faster, tougher version of Lloyd. He may not be Randy Moss, but he can stretch the field with the best of them. 

I'm assuming McDaniels wanted him when he got his gig as a HC in Denver, but I'm glad he's on the team. He's a good player, good route runner, good speed, good hands, will fit in well with Brady if he puts the work in.  

Yup.  I have a buddy that is a diehard Steelers fan and he liked Sanders MUCH more than he liked Wallace.  Great teammate, good route runner, good speed, etc.  I just shot him a text and he said he's more upset that they can't match NE's offer for Sanders than he was to see the overrated Wallace leave. haha

I know a steelers fan who is much higher on Wallace than Sanders. Wallace just has much more speed to spread the field