EAGLES DUMP WESTBROOK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

EAGLES DUMP WESTBROOK!

HE WOULD FIT NICELY IN A PATS UNIFORM?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

Re: EAGLES DUMP WESTBROOK!

yea, but hes old and gets a LOT of concussions and has been very injury prone the last few seasons

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Another broken down back...no thanks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

just what we need a broken down over the hill 30 plus year old running back in Foxboro...........nope

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Physics. Show Physics's posts

My fantasy team just improved... thank you, me, for drafting McCoy...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Guys like LDT,Westbrook or even Thomas Jones are risky gambles as they almost never produce after their 30th Birthdays,look at Fred Taylor can anyone honestly say the Patriots got their monies worth? Aging RB's who succeed are few and far between...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from goyetche11. Show goyetche11's posts

In Response to EAGLES DUMP WESTBROOK!:
    HE WOULD FIT NICELY IN A PATS UNIFORM?
    Posted by beavis

To go in another direction, what about going after  LB Karlos Dansby from Arizona, he is a unrestricted free agents. He is young enough the Pats could some good years out of him

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

lol..if we sign him, then our RB corps can avail AARP discount in Applebees :-D

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Tell me this: If you don't draft a running back, then what kind of back do you think you will get???

I know he is hurt all the time, but he could be a receiving weapon for Brady from the half-back position, ala: Faulk...

Using him sparingly would keep him fresh...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Using him sparingly would keep him fresh..."

However, do not shake before using.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

goyetche: Dansby likes the Dolphins or Giants...

he is going to go to the team that offers him the most $$$...

Do you think the pats will be that team...sorry no go...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Westbrook is one of the best pass catching RB's in the NFL.  IMHO he would allow the offense to get more creative.  If he's not too expensive then why not get him.  I know the RB's are old but as long as Maroney is cheap and young I don't think they will draft a RB high.  The Pats could use a bruiser type RB which they can probably get in the late rounds of the draft.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

Pick up Westbrook? It just could be a good idea if he's cheap enough...

He's been one of the best all-around RB's out there for the last several years. At one point he WAS the Eagles offense... 

If he's not too injured from his concussions (a big IF), and if he would be willing to be a third down RB (another big IF), then maybe he could even be an upgrade or heir apparent for Faulk. He's a great catcher if nothing else, and fairly tough in spite of his injuries - limit his touches and you limit his injuries.

In this case we would have to let Taylor or Morris go... that would give us:

Maroney = speed back
    Draft pick/ Taylor or Draft pick/ Morris = power backs
    Westbrook/ Faulk = Pass/Run threats

This gets us younger at the RB position with the draft pick, bolsters the 3rd down RB position, and in theory gives us 2 power backs (one young). It probably won't happen, but I can't think of many reasons why it would be a bad move assuming the economics worked out...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Eagles coach Andy Reid said he called Westbrook with the news Tuesday morning. Reid said Westbrook should still have an opportunity to play for another team.

He didn't tell him face-to-face! What a jerk! Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mynameisAugustWest. Show mynameisAugustWest's posts

I think he is a good option for some team, but not NE.  He has more left than LDT I would say and probably has value for a team looking for a complimentery back and veteran leadership, 2 things NE does not need at RB.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Not injury prone...multiple concussions...a whole new ball game in the NFL.  Westbrook was Kevin Faulk with another gear.  He has the same concerns now that forced Steve Young and Ted Johnson to retire.  I was shocked that he played a few games at the end of the season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Love the career he had. He was a very good pass catcher that opened up alot of things for that offense. If he's still around in November he may be worth it, but know way he makes it through a season in one piece and productive. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I'd rather have Leon Washington.