1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: Early Good Sign On Talib

Talib is MVP so fae

Part of reason we lost last yr when he went down with Gronk and Jones

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He was in the locker room. Bad news is, Mayo, Amendola and Connolly were not.

Amendola and Connolly with concussions, not surprising, but Mayo is concerning.  Having  an All Pro kind of year so far and obviously a great player regardless of T Troll.

[/QUOTE]

Mayo may have earned  a day off from the facilities.  Here's to hoping.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Losing Mayo would hurt.  Hope it's nothing that keeps him out too long (though he did look in pain when he grabbed his shoulder after the play).  The good news is that guys are really stepping up this year when starters get injured.  Mayo's a hard guy to replace, but we've got a number of decent back-up LBs who can fill in until he gets healthy. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Losing Mayo would hurt.  Hope it's nothing that keeps him out too long (though he did look in pain when he grabbed his shoulder after the play).  The good news is that guys are really stepping up this year when starters get injured.  Mayo's a hard guy to replace, but we've got a number of decent back-up LBs who can fill in until he gets healthy. 

[/QUOTE]

I guess Spikes, Hightower and Collins would fill in.  Spikes is not too good in coverage, and Collins hasn't played much, but he is suppose to be a decent coverage guy.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Mike reiss reported that Talib did not walk with a limp

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talib walked down the stairs to the locker room under his own power without a noticeable limp.  (I had the binoculars on him after the injury.)  I'm hoping it's more a tweak than anything that will keep him out too long.  Mayo concerns me a little more, but I didn't see what was going on with him on the sidelines after the injury.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best positive way to look at it, yes.  Collins, Fletcher.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe Collins was on the field a lot after the Mayo injury and as far as I remember held up well.  The Saints ran the ball a lot and the D held up okay.  The Saints don't present the most ferocious "ground and pound" attack--it's more a finesse style--but our LBs got through their first challenge without Mayo okay. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

If there is any player who will play hurt, it will be talib. I love seeing him on the sideline reacting to the offense.  He looks like he wants to go out there  knock the defense of the other team around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Amendola is going to be out a couple of weeks, might not see him until after the BYE. The guy was knocked unconscious really bad, could barely keep himself up after he regained consciousness. Even if he says he's ready, the Pats will keep him out for precautions.

Mayo, on the other hand, is a big loss. And TCal, so far this season, gave him his due so cut TCal some slack. But maybe Hightower can fill in for the runs and Collins increases his workload for coverage to mAke up for Mayo till he comes back.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from getdrunkstupit. Show getdrunkstupit's posts

didn't Adalius thomas have a hip injury that pretty much endes his career.  he was useless after it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I think you're thinking of Roosevelt ColvinColvin

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Talib walked down the stairs to the locker room under his own power without a noticeable limp.  (I had the binoculars on him after the injury.)  I'm hoping it's more a tweak than anything that will keep him out too long.  Mayo concerns me a little more, but I didn't see what was going on with him on the sidelines after the injury.  

[/QUOTE]

Watched the replay of the game and it looked like they were checking near his collarbone. I hope it's not broken 4-6 weeks if so.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

Hope he can play soon, he has been outstanding. Mayo looked like he was on his way to his best year as well, he's doing a great job leading the defense.

i think they catch a break playing the Jets - Gino Smith looks like he might be pretty good someday, but not so much in the short term. I think the D can handle the Jets even with some missing pieces. The offense (even without Amendola) is improving weekly, so I think they will be able to score. It might be worth resting Talib even if he says he's ready just to let him heal up a little more. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I am hearing after the bye week for both Amendola and Connolly. Nothing heard on Talib....hearing very bad on Mayo. Most likely the season. Nothing definitive at the moment...place is tighter than a drum on injuries...as usual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am hearing after the bye week for both Amendola and Connolly. Nothing heard on Talib....hearing very bad on Mayo. Most likely the season. Nothing definitive at the moment...place is tighter than a drum on injuries...as usual.

[/QUOTE]

Really? You've heard Mayo could be gone for the year? Man, if that is true, it would really be a blow when compiled with losing Wilfork. Hope Mayo gets back in a few weeks, but I have no idea.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

If Mayo is out, see if Ray Lewis is getting an itch...........only 1/2 joking

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

losing mayo would be a big concern. The pats have options. Of course Collins and fletcher, but nink in a pinch could play lb as well. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I have to think Mayo already having surgery is a sign that the team feels he could be back this year. Question is, in this injury depleted state, can the team afford to hold a spot for him?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

The New England Patriots announced that they have re-signed DT Andre Neblett to the 53-man roster, placed LB Jerod Mayo on injured reserve and signed CB Travis Howard to the practice squad. 

Mayo suffered his injury in the fourth quarter of the victory over New Orleans last Sunday.