Early Rumblings in Carolina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Early Rumblings in Carolina

i could not name anyone who could one on one take away Gronk. guy is too big, too big of a catch radius.

Kuechly is a good LB and i fully expect a real challenge for our run blocking and run game in general

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

nobody could cover gronk alone: FACT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Usually it takes two women to do so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Only thing that can cover Gronk is a cast.  Bandaid.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Usually it takes two women to do so.

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

They are really underestimating our D and team as a whole. I can't wait to whoop them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

GRONK will have 2 TD catches.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Luke Kuechly is almost perfect for covering most tight ends.  He's extremely quick and he's fast.  With Brady to Gronk, however, there are issues.

First, Kuechly's arms are all kind of shrimpy on his 6 foot 3 body.  They're listed as 31 inches on the NFL combine site.  Gronk is listed as 6 foot 6 with 34 1/4" arms.  Covering an aircraft carrier like Gronk with shrimpy arms, that's a problem.  Gronk can block out Kuechly with his body, Brady can zip the ball 10 yards onto the side where Kuechly isn't, and Kuechly doesn't have the reach to interfere with the pass completion.  Gronk can also outsky Kuechly's fingertips without much jumping at all.  See, for example, Gronk's touchdown reception against Pittsburgh defenders.

Second, putting a 240 pound linebacker on a 265 pound workout warrior results in occasional hip checks.  Kuechly finds himself bumped 3 yards off the play by the time Gronk has the ball.  One of Kuechly's great assets is his ability to bump and run most tight ends.  This might not work so well against a truck.  Also, the bump and run is harder when you don't have the other guy's levers.

Put the Carolina quote on Gronk's locker, please. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

i read some of these threads and these fans are sad. they have no info outside their own team (which is probably stuff they looked up before posting) these fans are a joke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"I fully expect Kuechly to take Gronk away."

LMAO

Kuechly is a nice young LB in this league with star written all over him, but to pretend Kuechly has produced against someone like Gronk and a QB like Brady is a bit ridiculous.

Out of curiosity, I looked up what Brees/Graham did in each contest last year vs Carolina.

In NOs later in the year, Graham caught 9 balls for 115 yards and  TD with Carolina allowing 38 points.

Earlier in Carolina, Saints put up 27 and Graham had 7 catches for 71 yards and a TD.  I fully realize this was last year, but Gronk is also superior to that of Jimmy Graham, mainly because he's a very good in-line blocker as much as the superior target and receiver.

Happy reading/chuckling.

http://boards.panthers.com/threads/794-Black-Out-Week-Panthers-vs-Patriots-pre-game-thread

[/QUOTE]

Imagine if every poster from the Panthers board that you think is the go to place for news regarding the upcoming game came here and posted the little tidbits of drivel oozing out of here as the official word of rumblings from Foxboro.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i read some of these threads and these fans are sad. they have no info outside their own team (which is probably stuff they looked up before posting) these fans are a joke.

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Pats fans or Carolina fans?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you talking about Pats fans or Carolina fans?  

[/QUOTE]

carolina, i meant the link russ posted at the bottom. check out the threads lol

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What did you expect out of Carolina fans?  Groveling at the feet of the Patriots?

No different than how some Pats fans here will post about upcoming games against a good team and claim a blowout or such.  Only thing that will matter is how the two teams play it out Monday night as the fans do not play the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What did you expect out of Carolina fans?  Groveling at the feet of the Patriots?

No different than how some Pats fans here will post about upcoming games against a good team and claim a blowout or such.  Only thing that will matter is how the two teams play it out Monday night as the fans do not play the game.

[/QUOTE]

them to be realistic. no one is guarding gronk. not on that team atleast. If they had Richard Sherman we may be talking slowing him down but thats it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

joepats...  no different than some "realistic" Pats fans and their posts here, right?  Their realism is their realism as they may see the same when reading posts here about the game.  Confidence on both sides, some way too high while others are grounded in reality.  Just the way of fans everywhere.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

joepats...  no different than some "realistic" Pats fans and their posts here, right?  Their realism is their realism as they may see the same when reading posts here about the game.  Confidence on both sides, some way too high while others are grounded in reality.  Just the way of fans everywhere.

[/QUOTE]

true true good point. nice call agcsbill

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

joepat... got to love reality..  Pats win 55 - 10...   LOL    (-;

PS - I've got a bridge to sell you!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

joepat... got to love reality..  Pats win 55 - 10...   LOL    (-;

PS - I've got a bridge to sell you!

[/QUOTE]

LOL i wish! i honestly see a close one though.. 23-20 or 20-17 type game

and what bridge...?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

You can take Gronk out by being physical itch him. The Ravens do a great job at that.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can take Gronk out by being physical itch him. The Ravens do a great job at that.

[/QUOTE]

yeah just send Pollard in the game and he'll handle our whole offense. honestly ravens are no threat w/o Pollard.

jk they are a threat but you get my point. Gronk was never healthy against them

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO

Kuechly is a nice young LB in this league with star written all over him, but to pretend Kuechly has produced against someone like Gronk and a QB like Brady is a bit ridiculous.

Out of curiosity, I looked up what Brees/Graham did in each contest last year vs Carolina.

In NOs later in the year, Graham caught 9 balls for 115 yards and  TD with Carolina allowing 38 points.

Earlier in Carolina, Saints put up 27 and Graham had 7 catches for 71 yards and a TD.  I fully realize this was last year, but Gronk is also superior to that of Jimmy Graham, mainly because he's a very good in-line blocker as much as the superior target and receiver.

Happy reading/chuckling.

http://boards.panthers.com/threads/794-Black-Out-Week-Panthers-vs-Patriots-pre-game-thread

[/QUOTE]

and Kuechly is a rookie so your findings are meaningless. There are other good tight ends in the league if you need comparison. Just found this article ironically.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/luke-kuechly-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week/

They mention his coverage ability and how he shut down Vernon Davis. Be worried, Oh and Greg Olson is pretty good on the other side. He is one of the fastest Tight ends in the league. We will have problems with  him(noticed in another thread you discounted the TEs and Wrs) remember just being big is a problem with our safeties both being under 5'11 and our backers slow as molasses

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

Happy reading/chuckling.

[/QUOTE]

and Kuechly is a rookie so your findings are meaningless. There are other good tight ends in the league if you need comparison. Just found this article ironically.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/13/luke-kuechly-named-nfc-defensive-player-of-the-week/

They mention his coverage ability and how he shut down Vernon Davis. Be worried, Oh and Greg Olson is pretty good on the other side. He is one of the fastest Tight ends in the league. We will have problems with  him(noticed in another thread you discounted the TEs and Wrs) remember just being big is a problem with our safeties both being under 5'11 and our backers slow as molasses

[/QUOTE]

Kuechly is not a rookie.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

Happy reading/chuckling.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's going to have to play hack-a-Gronk. If he's not physical he will be ineffective   I expect to see some penalties both ways. The real deal will be if they double Gronk   Then maybe our rookie receivers will find their hands and take the pressure off Brady to Gronk.  We need to run and control the clock, newton will tire the D out if he's out there scrambling all game.  I think this is more of a test for the panthers then it is for us. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[/QUOTE]

Kuechly is not a rookie.

[/QUOTE]

Oooops, My bad. 2nd year player

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Gronks Career Stats vs Ravens

1st game - 1 catch for 24 yards

2nd game - 5 catches for 87 yards

3rd game - 2 catches for 21 yards

Sounds like one good game out of 3. Im sure he had an impact in the run game...when we ran the ball.