Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson

The were gleefully crapping on our D this morning yelling about yds per game at Keyshawn who was reminding them of the points per game stat and W-L record.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson

Who are Chris Carter and Tom Jackson?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Tom Jackson been the guy I think that been hold a grudge from the begining of our run of super bowls

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

Isn't Tom Jackson the one that BB said fu#k you to a few years ago when Jackson tried to shake Bill's hand?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Whatever. If you're going to carp on a couple of media types because they questioned the Pat's defense the only backup you're going to get is from a handful of delusional idiots around here. The rest of the sane people worldwide still have questions about that D. Just be happy they showed some signs of hope today.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In Response to Re: Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson:
    [QUOTE]Whatever. If you're going to carp on a couple of media types because they questioned the Pat's defense the only backup you're going to get is from a handful of delusional idiots around here. The rest of the sane people worldwide still have questions about that D. Just be happy they showed some signs of hope today.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe 
     I enjoy it when fans don't just drink the Kool-aid , but the way I see it , if you are ever going to get some real satisfaction out of following the Pats you'll need to decide whether you want :
    a) The Pats to succeed with BB at the helm
    b) To pray Brady goes down and they go on a 26 game losing streak that ends with Kraft firing BB .

Why do I get the feeling you might actually prefer the latter?

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson :  Babe   I enjoy it when fans don't just drink the Kool-aid , but the way I see it , if you are ever going to get some real satisfaction out of following the Pats you'll need to decide whether you want : a) The Pats to succeed with BB at the helm b) To pray Brady goes down and they go on a 26 game losing streak that ends with Kraft firing BB .  Why do I get the feeling you might actually prefer the latter?
    Posted by CaptnFoxboro[/QUOTE]

Why? Because you want to delude yourself?  I don't dislike BB. I have only ever said he is an average GM. I have said he is a great coach and sung his praises in a number of ways.

I couldn't want b), even if I hated BB,  because I nearly become ill if we lose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with the D?  I watch three games every Sunday and the Monday night games every week and holding is rarely called. It's a passing league and Babe is carping about the Pats not "having any D"?  No teams have a D if holding isn't called and the QB's are allowed to chuck it back there freely. Do you think if holding was called now like it used to be, say thirty years ago, that a QB from Harvard would actually be this good?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Setting aside how holding was called years ago vs how it is called now....

I wonder how a guy like Sanchez with an 80 passer rating this year threw up a 105 on us, or a Henne with a 79 threw up a 94. Makes me think maybe our D isn't one of the elite.

But hey, today's game looked better. Hope springs eternal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Couldn't care less what Carter or Jackson had to say.  This was a very tough football game won by a football team that played good D when it needed to most and executed a game winning drive to near perfection.

The D has shown improvement over the preceding 3 games. I'm looking forward to seeing this improvement continue after everyone gets healthy over the bye.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Eat sheet Cris Carter and Tom Jackson : Setting aside how holding was called years ago vs how it is called now.... I wonder how a guy like Sanchez with an 80 passer rating this year threw up a 105 on us, or a Henne with a 79 threw up a 94. Makes me think maybe our D isn't one of the elite. But hey, today's game looked better. Hope springs eternal.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Didnt Sanchez have about 80 yards passing through the middle of the 3rd quarter?  When the Pats went up by 2 scores, did it really matter that the Pats let Sanchez get some soft yards?  Did you feel nervous during that game at all?
    Henne looked good, but never felt that the Dolphins had ANY chance in that 1.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Wishful thinking by 2 guys who always hate on the Pats. The D continues to improve and we still have a Mayo return to look forward to and if Albert can stay healthy he still hasn't reached his peak. Let them keep talking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

And again I say, who are Chris Carter and Tom Jackson?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hambonawilliams. Show hambonawilliams's posts

Our D doesn't have to be elite...they just have to be good enough to get the W and stay improving. They are....they kept a very talented offense to 16 points , even though you have to keep in mind the team they "contained" has a choking QB and a gutless coach trying to shelter that QB and team from yet another disaster going into the bye week, even though they took the loss in conventional style. And they beat a "Ryan" D, which in and of itself is an accomplishment. All the lost opportunities during the game for both sides happen every game and tend to even out over the course of a season.

The D is getting better...is it elite?  Heck no...but they might be by the end of the season...as long as they win, I'm real OK with it!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

Re: Eat she et Cris Carter and Tom Jackson

Nobody can argue that the NE D is improving each week, especially when it counts, with the late holds and the goal line stands. Brady dosen't even get a chance to win it at the end without the stop. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

ummm, aren't they still last in yards/game and pass yds/game??? Some improvement.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]And again I say, who are Chris Carter and Tom Jackson?
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Two nobody's, course Jackson made the statement a few years back, " the Patriots players HATE their coach (BB).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Keyshawn was getting an earful from Tom and Chris when he tried showing that the numbers dont matter....He was right tho...Jackson is a Fat Sh*t...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Not sure of Jacksons source of discontent with the Pats but there's something there, ditto for Carter.  The defense played really well early in the game, then went into passive (cover) mode and went back to aggressive style on the last series.  Would like to see BB "release the hounds" and see what happens for a whole game.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

My input is always the same: if Haynesworth gets healthy, the D is championship quality.