Ebert released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

Ebert released

Why? Given the health issues of Jones, Edelman and Amendola, and the fact that Jenkins is washed up, why not take it thru camp and see how it plays out? Smart WR. Great hands. Not saying he makes the team but lets see how it plays out in camp? No?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: Ebert released

I just don't think he has a chance, so this makes sense. Assuming we keep 6 WRs (including Slater), I think they will be Amendola, Dobson, Jones, Boyce, Edelman, and Slater (unless on of hte UDFAs can force one of these guys out).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, he doesn't have a chance here.  It was a curtousy to him.  I think TJ Moe, our new UDFA WR is a far better prospect as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

RKARP why the new nic? Finally get banned?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Tebow on hiway here

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I just don't think he has a chance, so this makes sense. Assuming we keep 6 WRs (including Slater), I think they will be Amendola, Dobson, Jones, Boyce, Edelman, and Slater (unless on of hte UDFAs can force one of these guys out).

Has Jones been cleared medically yet? Dobson obviously makes the team. Not sure on Boyce. Thin, thin, thin group 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

We have Amdendola, Hernanez, A.Holmes, M.Jenkins, D.Jones, J.Edleman, M.Slater, A.Dobson, J.Boyce who are ALL better than he is, thats why

This is a thin group?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

The last count I had with UDFA was 92.  One was a QB tryout from the QB at U. New Haven. So it brings them down to 90.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So I can't say a player that was cut is useless?  And someone reports a post that says "umm, because he useless" Grow up.

And Mods at least read a post before deleting.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

So the Jets will sign him...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

Tebow on hiway here

Is he going to be checking tickets at the gate or will he be selling hot dogs? Can't wait to tip him a nickel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

You had to know this was coming.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Yeah, he doesn't have a chance here.  It was a curtousy to him.  I think TJ Moe, our new UDFA WR is a far better prospect as well.

This.^^

Deep WR draft.  Also, by the way, you won our friendly bet, obviously. I still say Mallett could be traded in the future, but for now, you were right on.

I still cannot believe EJ Manuel is worth a 1st rder when he isn't accurate, runs too much and can't read vanilla college defenses.  The Geno Smith pick was also horrendous.   Dumb as a bag of rocks and crappy accuracy. I felt bad for the guy. He goes into a crapy situation, will lose confidence early and often and RKrap's Jets will have wasted another draft pick.

Barkley appeared to have gone in the right spot, even though he didn't think so.  lol

These QBs will be in for a rude awakening because they just aren't that good. I was shocked Chip Kellhy signed off on Barkley.   1 year renting Vick and then Barkley? Ouch.

Thanks, Man.  About 3 weeks before the draft it looked like you were going to be right and Mallett might be a goner, but I guess the right deal didn't come around.  I agree that he could very well be traded sometime within the next calendar year.  Guess we will see.  One important factor there is that Cleveland still only has Weeden and Campbell.  Maybe they are hoping one of those two can be a stop-gap option for this upcoming season.  They didn't add a QB in the draft.  Also, they acquired 2 or 3 mid-round 2014 picks but trading away a few of their mid-rounders this draft, so they have a lot of ammo in 2014 picks if they were to choose to make a trade at some point.  Hmmm.....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

This.^^

Deep WR draft.  Also, by the way, you won our friendly bet, obviously. I still say Mallett could be traded in the future, but for now, you were right on.

I still cannot believe EJ Manuel is worth a 1st rder when he isn't accurate, runs too much and can't read vanilla college defenses.  The Geno Smith pick was also horrendous.   Dumb as a bag of rocks and crappy accuracy. I felt bad for the guy. He goes into a crapy situation, will lose confidence early and often and RKrap's Jets will have wasted another draft pick.

Barkley appeared to have gone in the right spot, even though he didn't think so.  lol

These QBs will be in for a rude awakening because they just aren't that good. I was shocked Chip Kellhy signed off on Barkley.   1 year renting Vick and then Barkley? Ouch.

Thanks, Man.  About 3 weeks before the draft it looked like you were going to be right and Mallett might be a goner, but I guess the right deal didn't come around.  I agree that he could very well be traded sometime within the next calendar year.  Guess we will see.  One important factor there is that Cleveland still only has Weeden and Campbell.  Maybe they are hoping one of those two can be a stop-gap option for this upcoming season.  They didn't add a QB in the draft.  Also, they acquired 2 or 3 mid-round 2014 picks but trading away a few of their mid-rounders this draft, so they have a lot of ammo in 2014 picks if they were to choose to make a trade at some point.  Hmmm.....

Awfully strange they only have 2 QBs and it's crappy 29 year old Weeden and Jason Campbell.

I still say that doesn't add up to me, but you won.

Yeah, their draft wasn't that good. I was shocked Lombardi didn't trade back more, but it may have just been tough to do since everyone was trying to do it.

God bless BB.

From Lombardi's standpoint, I actually think it makes a lot more sense to make a trade for Mallett during training camp.  He could have a little time to evaluate the guys he has, and if they aren't good enough (which Weeden and Campbell likely are not) then he could trade for Mallett during camp and still have all of pre-season to get him up to speed.  I just felt the whole time that trading for Mallett before or during the draft was a little too early and too bold for a brand new GM.  It would look a lot less desparate if he waits a while.  It also wouldn't suprise me if BB didn't really want any more picks in the 2013 draft, since the class was considered weak.  He might be much higher on the 2014 class and more inclined to try and move Mallett for picks in next year's draft. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I liked him as a 'try-out' last year, and I liked that they brought him back with the futures deal. But with the new guys they have coming in his stock dropped considerably and they needed the space. I  agree that this was nice of the Pats to do - he can now at least call around and see if anyone else wants him. If the Pats end up having a 90 man spot open I could see him coming back again, and they may have told him as much when they released him - keep in touch, if we have space we'll bring you back if you haven't found something else.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I see them keeping 6:

Amendola

Edelman

Jones

Dobson

Boyce

Slater

I see somebody being redshirted with a mysterious hamstring. Could be Boyce, or could be Moe. That guy seems interesting at 6' 204 and with great hands. I don't know if he'd make it to the PS?  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rkarp1. Show Rkarp1's posts

I see them keeping 6:

Amendola

Edelman

Jones

Dobson

Boyce

Slater

Will have final comment after camp, but first observations;

Boyce=practice squad

Jones=still not cleared medically

Only Edelman caught a pass from Brady last year.

I did not say thin. I said thin, thin, thin.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Bingo