Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

According to Reiss, the late flag on McCourty came AFTER Hochuli and crew saw the play on the jumbotron.

That is BS! For all the attention this goon gets for his arms, he has really worked to control the outcome of some games the past several years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?

It's disturbing. It really is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

He should be disciplined if it can be proven. And they should delay showing such replays. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

If that's true, it's inexcusable. If they're aloud to do that, then penalty's should be subject to review. Regardless, have the guts to call what you see on the field.

There were a few really late flags tonight that had me scratching my head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

With Goodell in the stands, and they look at the jumbotron to figure out what the hell is going on?  You can almost hear them thinking that they better flag McCourty to be on the safe side.  It was a clean hit with incidental helmet to helmet contact.  It ridiculous what gets flagged these days, especially so when it's 10 seconds after the play is over.   

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron?:
    [QUOTE]If that's true, it's inexcusable. If they're aloud to do that, then penalty's should be subject to review. Regardless, have the guts to call what you see on the field. There were a few really late flags tonight that had me scratching my head.
    Posted by e4smith[/QUOTE]

Like the hand to Banta Cain's face that he returned in kind only to be flagged... thereby keeping the Packs hopes alive?  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Wow, if true, that is really upsetting.

Funny, as I was watching the replay of the McCourty hit, there was basically NO OTHER WAY McCourty could have made that hit clean. He had already commitred his motion toward the receiver, and the receiver's body was descending towards him.

That hit should be in the NFL textbook on how to hit someone LEGALLY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It is a very troubling precedent to allow officials to watch replays and then have a conference after a play on which no flag was thrown.

But I wouldn't expect to hear any more about this.

Take your cue from the broadcast . . .

After the play, Collinsworth was praising McCourty for understanding what is an acceptable hit and what is not . . .

then, after the conference and the retro-active flag, Collinsworth alomst fell on as his @ss backpedaling:

"On second look, there is helmet-to-helmet contact. He didn't launch, but . . .  blah, blah, blah . . .   excuse, excuse . . . "

The league will stand behind this nonsense 100%, if it even gets brought up at all . . .    which I doubt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

Seems like the Patriots got almost all the flags thrown against them. I was beginging to think that ref. had it in for the Pats. Who knows. BUT...we found away to win anyway.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

That one seemed weird at the time.  Flag thrown AFTER a replay?  Shouldn't be allowed.  BUT lots of calls seemed to come that way.  Not that the team wasn't trying to lose for a while, but seemed like they were getting help.  TBC getting called after the INT seemed odd too.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Blame the Patriots video crew for showing the play so quickly.  They don't have to replay anything. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Its a shame that the officials are now punishing "hard hits".  McCourtey's hit could not have been any cleaner.  On a positive note, McCourtey's ribs must be A-OK if he's out there dishing out hits like that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamDestruction. Show TeamDestruction's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ed Hochuli Throws a Late Flag After Watching Jumbotron? : Belichick may be having a talk with them on this very subject.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am hoping someone has a chat with them about that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

It seemed like the refs were told by the nfl to make it a close game.   I will be so upset if they fine McCourtey's hit. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from e4smith. Show e4smith's posts

It's only a problem if you have a solution...If that's going to be called an illegal hit, someone needs to show me how McCourty is able to possibly make a legal hit in that situation. Honestly, I don't see one. Was he expected to step aside?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Check out the "First downs from penalties" stat...

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=301219017

Team Stat Comparison

GB
    NE
    1st Downs2614
    Passing 1st downs
    Rushing 1st downs
    1st downs from Penalties

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Wow, I thought I was going to be labled a "whiner" if I brought up this issue. 

Yes, the officiating was horribly one-sided.  How on Earth did the officials not see the holding on GB's first play from scrimmage.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next. And the next.  And the next.  And the next...OK, my fingers are getting tired - you get the idea.

You have to wonder if Goodell in attendance + Sunday night game had something to do with keeping the game close.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peduncle72. Show Peduncle72's posts

I got the impression that the flag had been thrown, but while they were talking, the replay came up and it appeared they were watching the replay...

From Quick-Hit thoughs on second quarter

"Scoreboard replay seems to aid officials on McCourty penalty. McCourty’s unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, which came because he made helmet-to-helmet contact, was a late flag but looked like the right call. It was interesting to watch the officials huddle after the play, and it seemed like they were aided by a replay on the Gillette Stadium scoreboard. "

Looked like a clean hit to me. If you dont want your recevers hit like that, then dont throw the ball to them so they are in the position to get their clock cleaned.

Not to get on a soap box, but it seems we are seeing a shift by NFL leadership to take the Great defenses away, and make this an offensive battle each week. Soon it will be two hand touch...

There is a reason they are paid obscene amounts of money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RANDIBUS81. Show RANDIBUS81's posts

If the Interception was not called back....or the roughness from McCourty was not called then the game would have been over long before the last play.   Its funny both of them calls let green back have a chance and we all can admit that McCourty did his best to make it a clean hit and that on the Interception it was an offsense hold in the 1st place.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]If the Interception was not called back....or the roughness from McCourty was not called then the game would have been over long before the last play.   Its funny both of them calls let green back have a chance and we all can admit that McCourty did his best to make it a clean hit and that on the Interception it was an offsense hold in the 1st place.
    Posted by RANDIBUS81[/QUOTE]

Yes, we can all agree on that one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

the refs were just lost tonight. they had no control over the game.

I heard one of them yelling hey hey hey! while trying to blow a play dead. no one told him he has a whistle.....moron.

Many of the calls tonight were irrelevant to the play. The tully call was a bail out. both players had theirs on the face or facemask and it had no effect on the play at all.

The McCourty hit being flagged was rediculous. How else is supposed to hit him? Its not McCourty's fault of the guy goes low after McCourty is already in the hitting motion.

Too many calls tonight were made out of nothing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

You know that the officiating was suspect the way BB talked (or not talked)about it in his press conf. after the game. He used the term they were calling it tight. To bad it was tight only on one side. The call on Tully was absolutely terrible since the guy had his hands right in his grill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

As soon as that happened I threw an empty at my TV. Penalties are not reviewable and that was horrible job as that was a borderline call at best. Probably the most surprising thing to me last night is that the Patriots did not get the Home Town calls at all.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, I thought I was going to be labled a "whiner" if I brought up this issue.  Yes, the officiating was horribly one-sided.  How on Earth did the officials not see the holding on GB's first play from scrimmage.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next.  And the next. And the next.  And the next.  And the next...OK, my fingers are getting tired - you get the idea.   You have to wonder if Goodell in attendance + Sunday night game had something to do with keeping the game close.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

I saw the same thing , over and over again.  

I know there are some games where there are some bad calls, but ussually this year the officials have been consistant.  This game is the the first Pats game where I saw that the zebras tried their best to hand the game to the opposing team

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]It's disturbing. It really is.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]
    Maybe they should turn the Jumbotron off.