Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Ed Reed ...possibly to the Jets??

Whaaaaat?  When did that happen?  Harvey said it was done deal that he'd be on the Pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with cap hell. This has to do with an ego stroke.  Reed chose ego over the chance at a ring.  Quite comical actually.  I can see why Baltimore didn't want him back now. The ego took over.

He's not starter material anymore.  The Jets just worsended their starting Safety situation.

Cannot be made up, folks!

[/QUOTE]

You're the same guy that listed Ed Reed as priority 1 this summer to sign (with Adrian Wilson as option B). Nice work!! Both guys couldn't walk through a Walmart without coming up lame with injury - we'll all tune in next off season for more of your brilliant insight! LOL!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This has nothing to do with cap hell. This has to do with an ego stroke.  Reed chose ego over the chance at a ring.  Quite comical actually.  I can see why Baltimore didn't want him back now. The ego took over.

He's not starter material anymore.  The Jets just worsended their starting Safety situation.

Cannot be made up, folks!

[/QUOTE]

You're the same guy that listed Ed Reed as priority 1 this summer to sign (with Adrian Wilson as option B). Nice work!! Both guys couldn't walk through a Walmart without coming up lame with injury - we'll all tune in next off season for more of your brilliant insight! LOL!!

[/QUOTE]

But they could be greeters.   Btw don't mess with the greeters.  I went to Walmart one day and said to the little old lady there. " in 10 years I'm coming for your job".  She said " in 10 years you can have it, I'll be dead."   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"All I know is the Pats are getting healthier and better as a team on both sides of the ball."

A bit simplistic given we have several players on injured reserve and Talib is not as healthy as he was when the season started. Nor is Gregory coming back anytime too soon. 

But the offense is certainly improving.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I think Ed Reed was a decent to good signing by the Jets. We'll see how it impacts their push to finish second in the division.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm waiting to see it written that Reed plays for 400K   Fat chance. He's greedier then Samuael.

[/QUOTE]

Well, looks like you were right.  Seems that Reed is not playing for 400K.  He's playing for 387K.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I'm waiting to see it written that Reed plays for 400K   Fat chance. He's greedier then Samuael.

[/QUOTE]

I already wrote it for you.  I'll do it again. 400K.  

[/QUOTE]

You got a link? I've scoured the net and see nothing on his contract. Put up

[/QUOTE]

Keep looking.  Full disclosure, it's actually 412K + 62K per game he plays.  Best I can tell, that's the vet minimum.

[/QUOTE]

the 412K + 62K per was the figure Reed was owed if claimed on waivers. Once he cleared waivers, he could sign any deal he wanted. So far, the deal has not been announced..

[/QUOTE]

Yep, you were right.  The Jets got him for a whole lot less than that.  Good call.  That is what you meant, right?  Less, not more?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jetsbarf. Show jetsbarf's posts

[QUOTE]

Whaaaaat?  When did that happen?  Harvey said it was done deal that he'd be on the Pats.

[/QUOTE]

He also said you and the Jets suck...I guess he was right about ONE thing at least!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ed Reed hasn’t done much to help stop the deep ball Posted by Josh Alper on November 17, 2013, 3:25 PM EST d9e50529ec86eade382f1d62128cc2baGetty Images

When the Jets signed safety Ed Reed earlier this week, coach Rex Ryan said that he thought Reed’s presence would make teams think twiceabout throwing deep on the Jets defense.

The Bills didn’t get the memo. E.J. Manuelhit T.J. Graham and Marquise Goodwinon consecutive plays of 40 and 43 yards for a Bills touchdown that extended their lead to 27-7 in the third quarter. Graham beat Dee Milliner down the left sideline and got his feet down while reeling in Manuel’s throw. Goodwin torched Antonio Cromartie on the next play for Manuel’s second touchdown pass of the game.

The Jets took advantage of a blunder by Bills punter Brian Moorman in the third quarter to set up a Chris Ivory touchdown, but Geno Smith was intercepted for the second time on the day after Goodwin’s touchdown to set the Bills up in Jets territory once again.

The defense held this time, but Smith can’t keep handing the ball over if the Jets want to get back into this game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Dude is done. He doesn't have it anymore to compete at a high level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Dude is done. He doesn't have it anymore to compete at a high level.

He's perfectly suited for dime/sub packages....  an extra DB, not a every down type of guy.  What an idiot to go to the Jets.. I mean really. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"coach Rex Ryan said that he thought Reed’s presence would make teams think twiceabout throwing deep on the Jets defense.

The Bills didn’t get the memo"

LMAO - that quote sums it up. Look forward to Meadowland Mike's "analysis"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"coach Rex Ryan said that he thought Reed’s presence would make teams think twiceabout throwing deep on the Jets defense.

The Bills didn’t get the memo"

LMAO - that quote sums it up. Look forward to Meadowland Mike's "analysis"

[/QUOTE]

Don't bother with Mike....look at what Cimini has to say instead for the truth;

Reed all about it: The Jets signed future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed, in large part, to help them solve their problems defending the deep ball. It didn't work against Manuel, who threw touchdown passes of 34 and 43 yards. That has to be troubling for the Jets because the Bills aren't known for their vertical passing, and they played without two of their top receivers,Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods. Reed, who started and played all but two snaps, blitzed on the first scoring pass. The Jets played "zero" coverage, meaning no deep safety, allowing T.J. Graham to adjust to an underthrown pass that got caught up in the wind and fooled Dee Milliner. On the second touchdown, Reed was late in providing deep help for Antonio Cromartie, who was torched by speedster Marquise Goodwin