Ed Reed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Ed Reed

Belichick has a man crush on Ed Reed. So, he will be a free agent. What do you think the chances are of him ending up in New England and would you want him?

We could move Merriweather to CB. I want to say we tried that in his rookie year but maybe I'm thinking of someone else. They absolutely have to resign Bodden- even if they have to overpay a little. But this defense need an overhaul. They need a coordinator with experience and talent. And they desperately need some playmakers. Ed Reed is a playmaker

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Ed Reed

He's contemplating retirement but I know he won't. He's better than anyone we have, that's for sure. Count my vote as a Yea but it may be wishful thinking.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Hell, yeah, take Reed if we can get him.  It would be like bringing on Rodney Harrison.  Experienced, smart, talented--exactly what we need to bring leadership to a young, clueless secondary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ehop14. Show Ehop14's posts

It would be great, but would Reed want want to come to a team that his team just destroyed?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Uncapped year, teams can franchise 2 players.  You don't think Balitmore would just slap the tag on him? 

All you guys talking about all these free agents forget that teams can now franchise 2 players and most free agents will be RESTRICTED not "free".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

just what we need is a over the hill injury prone player here..............

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

He is 31. I would take him in a heartbeat. Even with injuries, he is one of those leaders that the Pats have lost recently. Locker room enforcer, inspiration on the field, the Pats would be foolish not to talk to him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Reed is under contract with the ravens until 2012. the only place he'd be going is into retirement.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2502163

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

He is superb, but defense does not win championships in todays NFL.  2 good O-lineman and a star WR and the Pats become a SB caliber team.  The Pats could pick up Revis, Reed, and Suggs and not be a SB caliber team.  Defenses cannot defend a passing attack in todays NFL, it's against the rules.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

I would of loved to have had him, prior to his morphing into Fumblina Maroney on that pick return.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

EASON, that's the dumbest remark I've ever seen you make.  I'd take 8 games of Ed Reed over 16 games of Merriweather any day of the week.

Furthermore, Ed Reed is one of the smartest players in the league and could teach the kids a lot about how to prepare for an opponent and perform your assignments.

If Reed retires, he said he was interested in becoming a secondary coach and I'd LOVE to see the Patriots get him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Loading up on offense didn't seem to help much in 07

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In 07 the Pats went to the SB.  Perhaps you think that every team that doesn't win the SB isn't any good, the Pats were better than every team but one, and the Giants were also a great offense.  The 07 Pats were better than the 2009 Pats. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Shenanigan, the 07 super bowl proves that defense still matters.  The Giants a great offense?  LMAO.  The score was 17-14.  C'mon man!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Well than I guess neither team had a good offense in 2007. 

I'd like to believe that defense is still what makes a great team.  I think the rules favor passing and teams are getting better at exploiting those rules.  Colts, Chargers, Cardinals, and Saints have basically loaded up on receivers and thrown the ball.  They have been successful without great defenses.  Other than the Jets, all the great defenses this year are sitting at home watching the playoffs.

in 2009 12 teams passed for over 4000 yards
    2008- 6 teams
    2007- 7 teams went over 4000
    Prior to that it was uncommon 1 team did it in 2003.  3 or 4 teams may do it year to year that's it.

Loading up on passing may not work every time but it works most of the time.  I don't like it, but that is what the NFL has created now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

I think I'll let the guy with three superbowl rings make the decision on Ed Reed!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

Guys - unclealfie is right. Why are you discussing it? The man is under contract through 2012. He is NOT available except through trade, which is NEVER going to happen.
    Newer link:    http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2222

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

my comments were based on the fact that he is under contract till 2012 and he isn't going anywhere. Him coming here is a pipedream and will never happen........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

And IMO, i think he is going to retire...the injuries were really tough on him and then he comes out about the neck issue...i think this guy doesnt want to spend the rest of his life as a walking bandage and is smart enough to go into coaching soon...either way...love the way the guy plays the game and go be the defensive coordinator at da U!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Would love to see the Pats bring him into the organization and groom him in the DB corps as a young coach.  Add that to BBs mancrush on him, it could happen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

BB might have a man crush on him...but does reed have a man cruch on him?

i mean the way the ravens thoroughly dismantled the pats and BB's record minus tom brady...its clear there are far more brilliant coaches in the league to learn under