Edelman is clutch and Edelman > Welker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Edelman is clutch and Edelman > Welker

Concerning these 2 threads created earlier...  do you think one of you guys Rusty, RallyC, NYPatsFan12, KansasPatriot, rtuinila, MightyPatriot could bump those threads to the first page of the forum so I can add these Edelman clutch catches to the threads:

Badpass_original

Real clutch! 

Let me throw one in of the Welker replacement who never drops the ball.

Real Clutch!

These two guys were pretty pretty much useless in these two games and did nothing in the Panthers game.  I'm pretty positive had Welker still been on the team the Patriots would be 11-0 right now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Edelman is clutch and Edelman > Welker

It was a slow afternoon at work today so I did a little research and scribbled some numbers down so I could share with you guys tonight.

Receiving stats:

Targets: Welker 95, Edelman 89

Receptions: Welker 65, Edelman 61

TD's

Welker 5th with 9

Edelman 34th with 4

Yards

Welker 26th with 679

Edelman 33rd with 610

YAC

Welker 22nd with 302

Edelman 38th with 251

The BIGGIE... 1st Downs

Welker 10th with 42 = 65% of receptions are for 1st downs

Edelman 42nd with 28 = 46% of receptions are for 1st downs

HOW IS THAT FOR CLUTCH!

I love this one...

Wide receivers are ranked according to DYAR, or Defense-adjusted Yards Above Replacement. This gives the value of the performance on plays where this WR caught the ball, compared to replacement level, adjusted for situation and opponent and then translated into yardage

The other statistic given is DVOA, or Defense-adjusted Value Over Average. This number represents value, per play, over an average WR in the same game situations. The more positive the DVOA rating, the better the player's performance.

The simple version: DYAR means a wide receiver with more total value. DVOA means a wide receiver with more value per play.

Welker DYAR = 181 Rank 16th, DVOA = 11.1% Rank 24th

Edelman DYAR = 53 Rank 51st, DVOA = -5.0% Rank 55th

Hmmm???  Might want to rethink your claims here guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Edelman is not better than Welker, nor more clutch, but Edelman is a Patriot and I am a Patriot fan. So I'll root for Edelman, what's your excuse?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Defination of Clutch:

This v

And this v

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

The last thing I wish to do is threadcrap but I really do wish we, as a forum, would simply accept the fact that Wes Welker no longer plays for the NE Patriots and simply 'dance with them what brung us.'  The Pats are a different offensive team without WW and I seem to recall many wanting that very thing before all of the off-season 'drama' unfolded. Please - let's move on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I agree ATJ.  It’s all backlash to the plethora of threads created by people who during the off season came on here and made thread after thread about how Amendola was going to come in here and do all these terrific things for this team.  But as we all see by now they couldn’t have been more wrong with their predictions, and they are totally embarrassed by it.  So here they are now trying to save face by jumping on the Edelman bandwagon, now using him as justification for letting Welker go just so they can feel like they have redeemed themselves and their ridiculous prior statements about Amendola.  The problem is they are still wrong.  Yes, Edelman is stepping up and doing a decent job but nothing compared to what everyone said Amendola would do and certainly not what Welker could be doing for this team.  I believe Edelman has had 4, maybe 5 good games… out of 11. Yet these people are acting like he is having a HOF season, lmao!! 

You have the same people now, mainly Rusty and RallyC who were the Amendola cheerleaders during the off season and preseason flooding the forum with Edelman/Amendola > Welker threads after the occasional good game.  It’s funny, RallyC who gave his farewell speech a couple months ago goes on hiatus only to return after a big win to push these type of threads.   That guy is more delirious then Rusty.  Wait.. Maybe not.  Well yes, maybe so.  You don’t see me start these type of threads until Rusty or RallyC  flood the forum with these ridiculous threads first.

Edelman and Amendola were on hiatus with RallyC during the Jets, Bengals and Panthers games.  It’s pretty fair to say that had Welker still been here this team would probably be 11-0 right now sitting in the drivers seat of having home field advantage for the playoffs.   

Going forward we can only hope that with a few easier teams coming up that Edelman can be consistent and continue to do well and hopefully get Amendola going and ready to contribute in the playoffs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Edelman is not better than Welker, nor more clutch, but Edelman is a Patriot and I am a Patriot fan. So I'll root for Edelman, what's your excuse?

[/QUOTE]

I'm a Patriots fan too.  And I cheer for Edelman as well as the rest of the team every game of every week all season long as well as cheering for them to win the Super Bowl every single year.  Big fan of Edelmans, he has a huge heart and will do anything asked of him to help this team win.  But make no mistake about it, he still has a long ways to go.  All the talk and all the threads about him really isn't fair to him, but when you have people continuously making threads about him being better then Welker, come on now.  We all know better then that.  I have no idea why some of these people on this forum try and push that garbage on us.  Matter of fact, I have no idea why Rusty and RallyC continue to bring it up.  If they know football they know what they are saying isn't true, don't know why they feel the need to troll the forum with it.  I guess the thrive on this type of stuff.  Homers will be homers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Happy Thanksgiving TFB12, and to everyone. GO PATS!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I guess you don't know what clutch means.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The bottom line for this thread is that Tom Brady can make castles out of mud and sticks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll say this, Welker is a better player than both Amendola and Edelman, but I do like the combination of Edelman and Amendola better than just Welker himself. The sad part is we could of had Edelman and Welker, which would of been better than Edelman/Amendola...and I think they were trying to implement that last year before Edelman got hurt (like he always does).

I watched Amendola pretty closely in camp, and he is quick, but unlike Welker he looks a bit stiff running, which too me is the big difference between him and Welker. Welker just moved so well, there was no loss in quickness out of his breaks...ever. With Amendola I just don't see that ability - that ability to get open so easily...so often and catch that ball. I'm not saying he is chopped liver - in fact I think he is a better player than Edelman - but he is no Welker.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was super clutch last night against Detroit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm a Patriots fan too.  And I cheer for Edelman as well as the rest of the team every game of every week all season long as well as cheering for them to win the Super Bowl every single year.  Big fan of Edelmans, he has a huge heart and will do anything asked of him to help this team win.  But make no mistake about it, he still has a long ways to go.  All the talk and all the threads about him really isn't fair to him, but when you have people continuously making threads about him being better then Welker, come on now.  We all know better then that.  I have no idea why some of these people on this forum try and push that garbage on us.  Matter of fact, I have no idea why Rusty and RallyC continue to bring it up.  If they know football they know what they are saying isn't true, don't know why they feel the need to troll the forum with it.  I guess the thrive on this type of stuff.  Homers will be homers.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you've already said that you would trade every receiver on the roster for Welker. See, if the Pats lowballed Welker and made no attempt to rsign him I would be sympathetic to him. But the guy skipped town, after the Pats offered him more, to play with Patriots public enemy number 1.

He's a snake and a traitor. Edelman and Amendola may not be having the season Welker would have had with Brady, but at least both made a decison to become Patriots. Welker, when given the option, elected to skip town.

I wouldn't trade Arrington for Welker, that's how low Welker is in my eyes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

The bottom line for this thread is that Tom Brady can make castles out of mud and sticks.

[/QUOTE]

Amazing line. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone in the league knows this and that is a tribute to his skillsets.

As for this continued infatuation to compare Edelman/Amendola to Welker... please move on.  Welker was not the wunderkind he is now in his first full season here, was he?  Yes, he looked promising and as his chemistry with Brady grew he became the stud slot receiver he is now.  Give Edelman and Amendola the time Welker had with Brady, and more than ONE half of a season and change, and this may all be a different topic.  Does ANYONE ever expect a replacement player to achieve the level of the prior star player without some bumps along the way?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to PATSchampsSB's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defination of Clutch:

This v

And this v

[/QUOTE]

You said it my friend . I would throw in Patrice Bergeron and Dustin Pedrioa. Not up there yet with them two but moving up the ranks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He was super clutch last night against Detroit.

[/QUOTE]

His team is in first place. Won a Stanley Cup 2 years ago and a final appearance a couple of months ago. When the patriot season is over in two months you'll be cheering for the bruins. Me I like ALL Boston teams. I go on the different boards from time to time. So if brady loses a game against Baltimore again in the playoffs he isn't clutch, I think not. He is the best player in patriots history. He needs to win one more SB to be best QB ever. When he retires all you bashers will be sorry.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

As for Edelman I like him as a player. He plays hard above his limits and he was the best player on the field except for Brady. He is not a better player then Welker but last Sunday He was. Please let's not vote for the back of the jersey but the front.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You obviously are more of a Welker fan than you are a Pats fan! Edelman is better than Welker if only for the fact Edelman is still a Patriot. He also has fewer clutch drops than Welker no matter how many gifs you bring up to portray the opposite. Welker just isn't clutch. Welker is the greatest no-pressure slot receiver in league history. He just can't make the winning catches in the big game. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You obviously are more of a Welker fan than you are a Pats fan! Edelman is better than Welker if only for the fact Edelman is still a Patriot. He also has fewer clutch drops than Welker no matter how many gifs you bring up to portray the opposite. Welker just isn't clutch. Welker is the greatest no-pressure slot receiver in league history. He just can't make the winning catches in the big game. 

[/QUOTE]

Man I've been a Pats fan my whole life.... so basically your saying Ridley is better than Adrian Peterson, just for the fact he is a Patriot.

Come on guys you can be a football fan and  Patriot fan.  Just because someone is on another team doesn't mean you need to blast him.  Everything on this board has to be black and white.

In every argument no side is completely right or wrong.

Thing I don't understand is why is Branch or Hern blasted for not being clutch too, they had big drops.

Why do we as pats fan have to act out against each other?  

Blaming Welker and calling him un-clutch is such an easy scapegoat for a team loss.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Are you the sister rusty always mentions?

Welker was the leading receiver in both SB's, so he obviously did something right.  There were 7 (yes count them ) drops in SB 46.  4 on the last drive, 2 by 45Mil, hern and 1 for MVP, Branch.  Where is your disdain for those players?  No one was clutch but Welker was the best of the rest.

Fewer clutch drops in the big games?  How many PO games has Edelman played in since 2009?

One???????????????????  How many for Welker?  All but one?????????????????????? ugh

Edelman is a very nice player... All heart, but as far as putting him against Welker there is NO COMPARISON!  Hell, Woody (as a receiver) is even out performing JE and Amandola. 

Big mistake!

JE also had 2 fumbles and a drop Sunday, but I guess that's ok.  He also has as many drops as Welker, this year.....  with less catches and yards and 4/9 TD's.    Allrighty!  carry on

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Welker was the leading receiver in both SB's, so he obviously did something right.  There were 7 (yes count them ) drops in SB 46.  4 on the last drive, 2 by 45Mil, hern and 1 for MVP, Branch.  Where is your disdain for those players?  No one was clutch but Welker was the best of the rest.

Fewer clutch drops in the big games?  How many PO games has Edelman played in since 2009?

One???????????????????  How many for Welker?  All but one?????????????????????? ugh

Edelman is a very nice player... All heart, but as far as putting him against Welker there is NO COMPARISON!  Hell, Woody (as a receiver) is even out performing JE and Amandola. 

Big mistake!

JE also had 2 fumbles and a drop Sunday, but I guess that's ok.  He also has as many drops as Welker, this year.....  with less catches and yards and 4/9 TD's.    Allrighty!  carry on

[/QUOTE]

SOLID POST! Pretty much sums it all up right there.

I don't think Think Edelman ever played WR in a Super Bowl, our coach pretty much told us he wasn't good enough to line up and get a catch. 

I have also read some crazy logic around this forum over the past few months and it pretty much goes like this - I guess if we don't win the Super Bowl these conversations really don't matter because nobody on this team is as good as the players who have won Super Bowls with the Patriots before and they all suck.

Wes Welker is not a Patriot today because of Bill Belichicks ego.  His ego has caused problems here before but we can discuss that some other time.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Big mistake!

[/QUOTE]

Nope, not related to Rusty.  

You are right, there is no comparison, Welker doesn't play for the Pats and doesn't have Brady throwing to him anymore so any comparison is pure conjecture. 

And while Edelman had two fumbles, he recovered both of them. That is the definition of clutch. He just would not be denied. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Calvin "Megatron" Johnson isn't a Patriot.  He sucks!