Edge Of Seat Comeback Win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Edge Of Seat Comeback Win

These are the types of games we had been losing.  They are starting to get back to grinding games out these close games again.

Glad they didn't abandon the run. They gave some different looks on offense; which was refreshing. They were more aggressive on d - which worked well overall. And I'm glad BB punted on their second to last possession. Showed he was happy with how the D played during the game.

Back to old school....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Edge Of Seat Comeback Win

Awesome game.  Great job all around.  Pats are the best.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

This defense is starting to come together a little bit. It shows that the Jets game wasn't merely because the Jets Offense stinks. It may not show on the Stats sheet but Haynesworth looks like he is finally getting into game shape and stuck out as a disruptive force on a few plays. Spikes stepped up today and I can't wait to get Mayo back healthy.  Glad to have a bye week and get healthy. Nice win today Bubba.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Defense gave us many chances and Brady did what he is best at. Won the game when he had to....Go Pats.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I was just telling some family members that these type of games build character and shows the young players how to stay in a game instead of losing it. Great win and I don't care what it looked like. Our D held Dallas to 16 points, I did not expect that. Great win and we are in frist place baby. Now go fins!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

defense +running game +TB = win

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

give kudos to Rob Ryan's D.....they made it tough on Brady today. Held us under 30 again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Considering all the misfires, and how much of a Raven/Ryan Brothers defense we were dealing with, we did well.  I think our defense did some great work today, Offense could have done better in the early going but yeah, this is the kind of game we have been losing lately.  Nice win.  Erases the stink of the playoff game and the Browns game last year.  Go Dolphins!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Edge Of Seat Comeback Win:
    [QUOTE]Considering all the misfires, and how much of a Raven/Ryan Brothers defense we were dealing with, we did well.  I think our defense did some great work today, Offense could have done better in the early going but yeah, this is the kind of game we have been losing lately.  Nice win.  Erases the stink of the playoff game and the Browns game last year.  Go Dolphins!
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    That's true. There were some execution errors (like Hernandez fumble) and penalties we didn't need. But I'll still take the ugly comeback winLaughing

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I was just telling some family members that these type of games build character and shows the young players how to stay in a game instead of losing it. Great win and I don't care what it looked like. Our D held Dallas to 16 points, I did not expect that. Great win and we are in frist place baby. Now go fins!!!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]
    absolutely.  I hope they learn from some of the mental mistakes....and start coming up w/ big defensive plays to win some games for the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Have to remember that Dallas had an extra week to prepare for us. They obviously focused in on our offense and limited us in that regard. They had the personnel to rush Brady and make life hard for our offense.

What's amazing is that Dallas' defense didn't really stop us. We had several promising drives where we stopped ourselves by turning the ball over right in scoring distance. We could've had 14 more points.

You can bet that we'll get those turnovers fixed on offense during the bye week. The defense gets an extra week to rest, heal, and improve.

The outlook for the season is very bright.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Have to remember that Dallas had an extra week to prepare for us. They obviously focused in on our offense and limited us in that regard. They had the personnel to rush Brady and make life hard for our offense. What's amazing is that Dallas' defense didn't really stop us. We had several promising drives where we stopped ourselves by turning the ball over right in scoring distance. We could've had 14 more points. You can bet that we'll get those turnovers fixed on offense during the bye week. The defense gets an extra week to rest, heal, and improve. The outlook for the season is very bright.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

I'd have to rewatch (i'm sure that someone will...lol), but I'm not sure how much of it was "we shot ourselves in the foot" vs. the Dallas D did enough to force the mistakes.  I think it was both.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

People keep saying this is the kind of win NE doesn't get. 

The "win" was actually the first game NE has won in two years where the offense didn't score 23 points or more. 

At some point, no matter the offense, whethter you are running it or passing it, anything, won't score a whole lot of points. 

The defense "stood on it's own today."

No excuses about short fields, no excuses about TOP. 

They did their job, when offense was just "ok."

20-16

I fr!gg!ing love it!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edge Of Seat Comeback Win : I'd have to rewatch (i'm sure that someone will...lol), but I'm not sure how much of it was "we shot ourselves in the foot" vs. the Dallas D did enough to force the mistakes.  I think it was both.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

You might be right, it might look different the second time around. My impressions were that most of the turnovers were unnecessary. The Slater and Hernandez fumbles were our faults. Not so much an excellent play by the Cowboys defender as it was poor ball protection.

The Cowboys do get some credit for the interceptions, though. Either way, I'm sure there will be an emphasis on protecting the football this bye week. We don't usually lose the turnover battle.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]Slater fumble was big too, D got it right back You wont see him back there again. Not for awhile
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

he was making some positive steps as a WR for a little while. Doghouse for now....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

BB had some serious faith in this D to send the punt team out on 4th and short with only about 3 minutes left.  D came up huge, but why did Garrett call 3 consecutive run plays?  He's gonna have some big questions to answer.

So psyched about this win.  Haven't seen one like this in some time.  Now I get why the prognosticators called for Dallas to cover the spread.  Tough game, tough team.  Long and short is, Pats won a critical game in which they turned over the ball four times.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]BB had some serious faith in this D to send the punt team out on 4th and short with only about 3 minutes left.  D came up huge, but why did Garrett call 3 consecutive run plays?  He's gonna have some big questions to answer. So psyched about this win.  Haven't seen one like this in some time.  Now I get why the prognosticators called for Dallas to cover the spread.  Tough game, tough team.  Long and short is, Pats won a critical game in which they turned over the ball four times.
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]
     I think it spoke volumes about BBs confidence in the D for this game.....just like it spokes volume when he went on 4th and long vs. the colts....and it didn't work out so well....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Edge Of Seat Comeback Win :  I think it spoke volumes about BBs confidence in the D for this game.....just like it spokes volume when he went on 4th and long vs. the colts....and it didn't work out so well....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Good point.  I'm still trying to forget that play. 

D came up so huge today.  Didn't even need Romo to choke on his own.