Elvis number$$$

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Elvis number$$$

Numbers starting to be made public.

5 years. $7.5m signing bonus pro rated over the 5 years ($1.5m per year)

First year base salary $1m for a cap hit first year of $2.5

I would be willing to bet that Elvis sees 3 years with the Ravens and about $12m total...cut the final 2 years with $3m in dead money (2 years of bonus money at $1.5 each year)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Elvis number$$$

That seems a bit easier on next years budget and more cap friendly than I expected.

Wonder what year 3-4-5 salary is 3-5mil/year?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Great signing for them - they get a younger pass rusher who is a better player than the guy they lost in free agency - and they sign him for 65% less than Kruger got. Ozzie always seems to land impact players.

I'm real curious to see what we signed Vollmer for, we may of also got a good deal on our own guy. I also like what we signed Talib for - thug or not - the guy is a good player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Great signing for them - they get a younger pass rusher who is a better player than the guy they lost in free agency - and they sign him for 65% less than Kruger got. Ozzie always seems to land impact players.

I'm real curious to see what we signed Vollmer for, we may of also got a good deal on our own guy. I also like what we signed Talib for - thug or not - the guy is a good player.

Probably because Ozzie is willing to open the cheque book.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Pats better move on something to beef up the pass rush.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Wow, those are some nice cap numbers. For that cost I'd like to have had Dumervil. I wonder what that means Abraham will get. It feels like the Pats are waiting for the other pass rusher to leave the market to lower the price on Abraham. It's a very dangerous game to play but if the super agent pulls off the grand slam and gets Dumervil to Ravens (done), Osi to Atl (appears close to being done), and Freeney to Colts (I beat Manning is pulling hard on this), it will leave Abraham almost no where to go but the Pats

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

It is a nice deal for Baltimore.  They get a better player than Kruger for less money.  Lucky ba$tards.  I'm not sure where people think he would play here.  He is too small to play with his hand in the dirt imo and we haven't played a true 3-4 with a backer who rushes on almost every play in many years.  That is why he is a better fit in Baltimore since he will probably just be asked to pin his ears back and get after the QB on most plays.  And before anyone jumps down my throat about 4-3 and 3-4 I recognize it is more about gap concepts than the actual personnel (LB vs DL) but the point is that I don't think we've had an OLB almost exclusively rush the passer standing up in a long time.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think they made a mistake...for that kind of money they could have, and should have, signed Ellerbe. He was the strength of their linebackers. I thought the Ravens were broke and that's why they let him walk.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

Kruger is a true 3-4 guy and 3 years younger.  Again, it depends what people value. A bloated 16 sacks in 2010 or whatever it was Dumervil had, no run D, no coverage as an OLB, a smaller guy, but a guy who can rush as a one trick pony, or more of a complete player.

It just shows you that Courtney Upshaw really isn't ready like we were told by ESPN heads when Ellerbe and Kruger left.

Kruger is a bad run defender as well and can't cover anyone.  The whole point is that he wasn't asked to do either of those things very often and I don't think anyone will argue that Dumervil isn't a superior pass rusher to Kruger.  I do not think Elvis would have been a good fit here per my previous post, but I think he is an upgrade over Kruger at less money.  Baltimore still has holes to fill at safety and at MLB, but I think this was a good deal for them.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

its on Spotrac, but for some reason cant link it...here is an articl however;

omehow, someway you just had to know that Baltimore Ravens General Manager, Ozzie Newsome, had something left up his sleeve. After seeing his roster get picked over in a variety of different ways, the Hall of Fame tight end struck a deal that seems to be a solid one on paper. After being released by the Denver Broncos for not accepting a pay cut, the Ravens swooped in and made outside linebacker/defensive end Elvis Dumervil a contract proposal and he accepted.

The deal is a bit eye-opening, given the Ravens' well-documented salary cap woes, but according to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Dumervil inked a five-year deal worth $26 million. The contract could escalate all the way up to $35 million if Dumervil hits certain escalators. But, when you look closer at the deal, this is where you will see the magic of Newsome.

The first year of the deal gives $8.5 million, but only counts as $2 million towards their 2013 cap number, per ProFootballTalk. Dumervil will likely be manning the duties of the recently-departed Paul Kruger who bolted for a mega deal with the Cleveland Browns during the first day of free agency. Yet, the Ravens managed to get Dumervil, a three-time Pro Bowl selection, for $14.5 million cheaper than Kruger, or $5.5 million if Dumervil hits all of the incentives noted in the new contract. Not bad.

Also, before the Ravens struck a deal with Dumervil, former Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebacker/defensive end James Harrison was scheduled to visit Baltimore on Sunday night, per Jeff Zrebiec of The Baltimore Sun. Whether it was going to be Dumervil or Harrison, the Ravens were going to get their replacement for Kruger. They ultimately decided on the younger option with more potentially productive years ahead of him.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

I think they made a mistake...for that kind of money they could have, and should have, signed Ellerbe. He was the strength of their linebackers. I thought the Ravens were broke and that's why they let him walk.

I think it comes down to what is harder to replace...the linebacker? Or a pass rusher? You can get a linebacker at the end of round one, but to get your hands on a guy that has produced as a pass rusher for many seasons and is still in his prime?? Those guys don't grow on trees...Baltimore knows that. Ten bucks say Ozzie Newsome will draft a linebacker in this draft who will be better than Mayo in two years...and it won't cost him 40 million (what we are paying Mayo). 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

From what I've read, Dumervil will be replacing Kruger.

Upshaw will be there for run defense and Dumervil for the pass rush.

Dumervil comes in at a cheaper price than Kruger, so I'd say it's a good deal for Baltimore in that respect.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Brad34's comment:

Is Baltimore in canada?

Anyway, good signing. Downgrade/replacement/cheaper alternative to Kruger.

He's Mark Anderson II. A nice player in the right situation. Not a game-changer most weeks. Will disappear at times. Occassionally will dominate for a half, or game. I don't think he's a long-term answer, I'd honestly rather Abraham for the experience and production, as well as giving Chandler someone to emulate.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Is Baltimore in canada?

He's Mark Anderson II. A nice player in the right situation. Not a game-changer most weeks. Will disappear at times. Occassionally will dominate for a half, or game. I don't think he's a long-term answer, I'd honestly rather Abraham for the experience and production, as well as giving Chandler someone to emulate.

How is he a downgrade from Kruger? Dumervil got 17 sacks in a season as the leading man before Miller came. Kruger has 15.5 sacks this season...and can't do anything without Suggs on the field.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Is Baltimore in canada?

How is he a downgrade from Kruger? Dumervil got 17 sacks in a season as the leading man before Miller came. Kruger has 15.5 sacks in his career...and can't do anything without Suggs on the field.

25. This post has been removed.