Emmanuel Sanders coming to town?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Emmanuel Sanders coming to town?

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko Emmanuel Sanders last play as a#Steelers ? I know the #Patriots are putting on the press to get him, we'll see.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Emmanuel Sanders coming to town?

If this were true surely the comp would be even lower than what was offered previously.  The Steelers have zero leverage.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

A third rounder down to a 5th?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else, but if it were true I worry about Sanders' ability to pick up the system this late in the season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I haven't seen this reported anywhere else, but if it were true I worry about Sanders' ability to pick up the system this late in the season.

[/QUOTE]

I really don't see Pats going after a WR.  DT depth is the issue here. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I really don't see Pats going after a WR.  DT depth is the issue here. 

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. DT and/or LB.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah, WR is no longer the position of most pressing need, sorry to say. 

Pitt will never do this until after the Pats game anyhow

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Loyko is a kid who just speculates on things.

[/QUOTE]

"Mike Loyko – Mike is an editor at NEPatriotsDraft.com and is our head scout. When not watching film, Mike has been credentialed to Patriots practice, the Senior Bowl and numerous college football games."

Rusty, if you're so smart, why aren't you writing somewhere?  Surely your intelligence level would allow you to get paid for your opinions.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A third rounder down to a 5th?

[/QUOTE]

Boldin went for a 6th for full year.   Sanders would be a rental for us.

[/QUOTE]

Boldin was going to be cut.  Pitt can hang on to Sanders.  I would be surprised if they took a 6th.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Talk about a waste, he'll be a rental at best and for only, at most, 8 games? No way.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

First I heard of this, any other place saying this?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Yeah this is what the team needs...more pieces to figure out! No no no they're fine at WR they don't need the additional stress. Bring in a DT, await the return of Talib and if Brady can put 20-30 points on the board weekly the team will go all the way. I'm all but certain of that!

Edit: 20 is most cases, they may need 30 against the Broncos however!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

They could give a 5th or 6th round pick for him . .  use the $10 million they have to get an early deal for next year so it is not a one year rental  . . . if he comes in the Collie or Washington is out (did Collie even play this week?) . . . Washington will be gone when Vereen comes back anyway.  I too would rather see a DT but I do not think there are any out there at the point in the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

If Tomlin has any say in it they will keep Sanders. Even though the Steelers are out of it this year, he will want to scrap together as many wins as possible for job security reasons. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Tomlin has any say in it they will keep Sanders. Even though the Steelers are out of it this year, he will want to scrap together as many wins as possible for job security reasons. 

[/QUOTE]

He should have the job into at least next year because of what he has done for them, and they are obviously going to rebuild on the run.    

The GM should shoulder most of the blame if you ask me.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They could give a 5th or 6th round pick for him . .  use the $10 million they have to get an early deal for next year so it is not a one year rental  . . . if he comes in the Collie or Washington is out (did Collie even play this week?) . . . Washington will be gone when Vereen comes back anyway.  I too would rather see a DT but I do not think there are any out there at the point in the season.

[/QUOTE]

What $10 mill???, I think they have only $6 Mil in cap space at the moment.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Santa Claus changed his name to Emmanual Sanders?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If this were true surely the comp would be even lower than what was offered previously.  The Steelers have zero leverage.

[/QUOTE]

Loyko is a kid who just speculates on things.

[/QUOTE]

Sorta like your looking into a mirror?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

First I heard of this, any other place saying this?

[/QUOTE]

Would prefer Gordon from the Browns. I wouldn't mind Sanders from Pitt either. Can see him doing the same thing as Lloyd did last year. Even though I thought Lloyd played soft at times. I think a pick in the 4 th round should do it if they have one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Talk about a waste, he'll be a rental at best and for only, at most, 8 games? No way.

The waste would be that we didn't get him this offseason when he could have helped in those two loses. Obviously they liked him so unless he does something stupid or asks for silly money I can see them resigning him.

Lets faced it Thompkins has regressed and Dobson hasn't progressed. WR is still a need which is why they got Collie. Esp, with Amendola being a roll of the dice if he'll stay healthy from week to week. If they can get Sanders for the right price it would only help the team not hurt it so I say go for it, unless it prevents them from getting a run stopping DT. Maybe we can convince them to toss in McLendon. Say, Bolden or Blount and a 3rd for Sanders and McLendon? I'd say toss in Arrington too but I don't think they want to take on salary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

Part of the problem new receivers have adjusting to the offense is adjusting to the way Brady throws the ball.

Brady throws a very hard ball at close range and most WR's have a hard time adjusting to that speed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Part of the problem new receivers have adjusting to the offense is adjusting to the way Brady throws the ball.

Brady throws a very hard ball at close range and most WR's have a hard time adjusting to that speed.

[/QUOTE]

I would normally agree but the Burger doesn't have a weak arm either and is known to leave bruises on his WRs across the middle