Enough about bad refs...We have stunk!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

Re: Enough about bad refs...We have stunk!

kman n others Brady gave us 30 points...you score 30 you should win lots of games...o hung 30 d gave up 31...in my opinion d let team down...its just not realistic to think we will score 50 every week.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Crazy to defend this defense! Can't tackle or cover. #24 could not start on any other team in the league. How many times has this D been asked to make a stop only to fold, cost them 2 SB's. They have show that the offense can't win on it's own so if this is what the the defense is then oh boy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Josh is very successful in turning the Pats into the Rams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Did you really expect to win every game? This loss was disappointing because it was winnable but it's only one game in September. They certainly didn't play their best game but there's 13 more games to get it right. It's not like they lost to Minnesota.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

The play that really changed the way,things,were going was the pass interference call against Edelman.  That call was huge, and took some wind out of our sails.  That seemed to start a rash of bad calls all over the field on both sides .  We have to re-group and continue the season.  If this defense cannot generate a better pass rush, then we are in for a long season.  Also, the use of personnel was questionable.  Woodhead with a lot of play instead of Ridley.  I know ridley is not as good at picking up the blitz.  The reverse call to Edelman was also a bad call.  Should have just kept it simple, like we had been doing.  Gronk was held numerous times by killer Lewis, but he also was involved in blocking a lot so,was not as involved in offense.  That being saidmWelker and Lloyd both looked good.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

in a close game, there is one critical string of 3-4 plays that win/lose a ball game. last night it was the series of plays in the 4th where...

2nd and 14 dmc gets called for a phantom holding to get back the first down on an otherwise incompletion for 3rd and long

an illegal pick non-call that freed up jacoby jones in the middle for a big gain

the d was out of sorts for two plays after that, but put a good effort after that.

2nd and 5 with a little less than 5 to go, nink drew a hold that was not called (even my wife and 9 yr old son knew it was holding). that resulted in a big completion for the ravens

on the next play, where flacco floated the ball the end zone, jones who was rushing from the far side was held again, no call

ravens 2nd and goal at the nwe 10, flacco is sacked at the 20, but spikes was called for a hold. he relaased at the 5 yard line, past that it was the receiver who hung on to his pads to pull spikes with him. that was swing of 15 yards plus an automatic first down.

this drive was all on the refs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to user_4413295's comment:
    [QUOTE]

kman n others Brady gave us 30 points...you score 30 you should win lots of games...o hung 30 d gave up 31...in my opinion d let team down...its just not realistic to think we will score 50 every week.

[/QUOTE]

My comment was, I persomally blame the loss on the play calling and Mcdaniels, not Brady or the O. If Ridley is getting 20 + carries in the game, do you think maybe that might have had some positive effect over Woodhead's -3 average for the game?  The D is a work in progress, that has looked good at times this year. This "L" belongs to Mcdaniels IMO.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The team was playing well until the refs took the life out of them and messed up their mojo. I thought they completely outplayed the Ravens when the refs weren't ruining their rhythm.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

in a close game, there is one critical string of 3-4 plays that win/lose a ball game. last night it was the series of plays in the 4th where...

2nd and 14 dmc gets called for a phantom holding to get back the first down on an otherwise incompletion for 3rd and long

an illegal pick non-call that freed up jacoby jones in the middle for a big gain

the d was out of sorts for two plays after that, but put a good effort after that.

2nd and 5 with a little less than 5 to go, nink drew a hold that was not called (even my wife and 9 yr old son knew it was holding). that resulted in a big completion for the ravens

on the next play, where flacco floated the ball the end zone, jones who was rushing from the far side was held again, no call

ravens 2nd and goal at the nwe 10, flacco is sacked at the 20, but spikes was called for a hold. he relaased at the 5 yard line, past that it was the receiver who hung on to his pads to pull spikes with him. that was swing of 15 yards plus an automatic first down.

this drive was all on the refs. 

[/QUOTE]

Good point SeattlePat,  I was watching the line of scrimage on several plays and saw obvious holding multiple times on Jones and other DL/LBs as well. One play I noticed Jones being held and then the refs threw a flag on our DB for holding and no call on Jones being held. 

Could the average fan actually miss these holds?  I keep hearing people complain about the lack of a pass rush in the game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The Ravens O-line was holding all night and everyone saw it. How could they not as it was clear as day? Oher had his arms wrapped around Jones on almost every play and Nink was victimized as well. I can't remember offensive holding being called once, which is pathetic since it was obviously happening. No way our D-line goes from domininant the first to games to completely pathetic the third.

But they will call holding on McCourty when he doesn't even touch the receiver.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradysgirlforreal. Show Bradysgirlforreal's posts

[QUOTE]

Huge Pats fan here...i have to say...please enough the bad refs...they sucked for both teams...We also stunk! There was zero pressure by our d line ...Flacco just sat in the pocket n fired downfield all night...dbs looked lost on a few plays...McCourty dropped 1 key int that would have made all the difference.  Im not seeing fire in the defenses eyes...I hope we can right our ship. In BB i trust!

[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree-- thought we outplayed Ravens and on the road----but when the refs give extra series to the Ravens and kill Pats drives due to chicken sh-t penalties it's hard to win. Extra possesions are a big factor in games and the refs really screwd the Pats in this game.  BTW still see Pats winning the division, esp with Revis gone!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

we all know it was a hard game...no one would be as upset...if our team's d played better...you will not win in this league if the opposing qb had enough time to weave a sweater cook dinner for his teammates while waitingfor his wrs to streak 40 yds down field so that he can fire away...need our d to step up before i blame anyone else including the poor officiating.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

[QUOTE]

we all know it was a hard game...no one would be as upset...if our team's d played better...you will not win in this league if the opposing qb had enough time to weave a sweater cook dinner for his teammates while waitingfor his wrs to streak 40 yds down field so that he can fire away...need our d to step up before i blame anyone else including the poor officiating.

[/QUOTE]

Are you a troll or do you just lack the ability to comprehend anything you read? We just covered the  the reason for the lack of pass rush. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kman2004's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My comment was, I persomally blame the loss on the play calling and Mcdaniels, not Brady or the O. If Ridley is getting 20 + carries in the game, do you think maybe that might have had some positive effect over Woodhead's -3 average for the game?  The D is a work in progress, that has looked good at times this year. This "L" belongs to Mcdaniels IMO.

[/QUOTE]

So you're saying, "We don't a defense, therefore the loss is on the offense for not scoring a TD every drive."  Moron.

[/QUOTE]

What is wrong with you? Are you capable of reading English? I said the Offensive Coordinator's play calling was to blame. I never said Brady or specifically the offensive players.

I guess you're not very bright. So let me treat like a baby and hold your hand and explain it to you nice and slowly. If we used our best talent and ran the ball more with Ridley, it might have run the clock down more, instead of getting less than 3 yards per carry with Woodhead. We should have our best talent on the field if they are healthy and thanks to the decisions of Mcdaniels that didn't happen. We could have run the clock down not just on the final offensive series, but at numerous points when we were ahead in the game.

Next time you read a post, use your brain instead of getting frustrated and throwing insults at other people. It's people like you that have no intellect what soever that ruin these forums.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what part dont you understand...play calling gave us 30 pts...score 30 n the o + their coaching did their job...what did the defense give us...nothing...they gave up 31 pts...so dont blame refs dont blame play calling...put it where it belongs on the defense and maybe their play calling...and lastly no reason for name calling ...im n

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what part dont you understand...play calling gave us 30 pts...score 30 n the o + their coaching did their job...what did the defense give us...nothing...they gave up 31 pts...so dont blame refs dont blame play calling...put it where it belongs on the defense and maybe their play calling...and lastly no reason for name calling ...im n

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

With three games in the books, my stats have the Patriots with the #1 power rating in the NFL, although only by a hair.

New England clobbered Tennessee nicely.  Tennessee just stood up to Detroit.

New England barely lost to Arizona by 2 points, but Arizona went on to clobber someone else this week.  Arizona is ok.

New England barely lost to Baltimore by 1 point, a team that lives on home-stadium crowds influencing the refs, a team that tends to flop on the road, and Baltimore is supposed to be a good team right now. 

My stats don't recognize that the Arizona game could easily have gone to New England if the refs hadn't called a nonexistent foul on the winning touchdown run, or that the Baltimore game could easily have gone to New England with a replay of that last field goal kick.  I just collect the statistics of how easily the winning team won. 

New England is on top because they're likely to win next week.  I have them by 5.9 points over Buffalo at Buffalo. 

If you want power ratings based on win-loss records, go look up the standings and read them directly.   Then go write up your own point spreads based on your ratings. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats are one of the younger teams in the NFL. They have played argueably the toughest team in the AFC on the road, and the hottest team in the NFC. I understand the "you are what you are" mentality, but this team coulda/shoulda be 3-0.

They "should still go 5-1 or 6-0 against the division, unless injury, fatigue or looking past an opponant happens.

[/QUOTE]

this team shoulda be 3-0.

u got that right.

with all the bad play, botched calls, coaches lost this game

23. This post has been removed.