Enveloping Dark Cloud

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Enveloping Dark Cloud

The saga of multiple shootings and murders cinnected to AH is a dark cloud on the horizon for the Pats. The saga of the Lloyd murder is only beginning. The July 2012 investigation  and facial shooting are in their infancy stages. Like it or not, AH will forever be connected to the Pats. Testimony at the trial could include members of the Pats ownership, coaching and players who the defense could ask to participate  as character witnesses.  This could easily our rival the whole OJ Simpson drama as AH was a currentplayer, and not and icon and advertusing  symbol.  This could be in the news for years to come. How will the Pats deal with this? What ramifications will it have for the team? Vick and Pacnan are nothing compared to this.

Please  excuse spelling /!problrm with iPhone

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Enveloping Dark Cloud

The dark cloud is on AH. Other than drama queens and trolls, nobody is connecting the organization to the actions of the man.

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

The saga of multiple shootings and murders cinnected to AH is a dark cloud on the horizon for the Pats. The saga of the Lloyd murder is only beginning. The July 2012 investigation  and facial shooting are in their infancy stages. Like it or not, AH will forever be connected to the Pats. Testimony at the trial could include members of the Pats ownership, coaching and players who the defense could ask to participate  as character witnesses.  This could easily our rival the whole OJ Simpson drama as AH was a currentplayer, and not and icon and advertusing  symbol.  This could be in the news for years to come. How will the Pats deal with this? What ramifications will it have for the team? Vick and Pacnan are nothing compared to this.

I don't see this as being a problem for the Pats. Has there ever been an organization in professional sports that is better at putting things behind them?

Take the Tebow signing. Granted, it's not the same thing as an arrest for murder. But it's a TOTALLY dead story now.  

Please  excuse spelling /!problrm with iPhone

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I really don't think this has any long-term consequences for the Patriots (other than another wasted draft pick and some salary cap issues).  Hernandez is on his own in this.  You can criticize the Pats for ignoring the risks associated with Hernandez when other teams wouldn't draft him, but that's a criticism of the Pats' approach to drafting and signing risky players, not the team's morality.

I don't think the Pats are responsible at all for anything Hernandez did and I don't think they'll have much of a role in what happens next to Hernandez. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I don't think the Pats are responsible at all for anything Hernandez did and I don't think they'll have much of a role in what happens next to Hernandez. 

I don't put any responsibility on the Pats either.  It's not like if the Pats didn't draft him nobody else would have.  Someone would have eventually taken a risk on Hernandez.

But I think the OP is pointing out something I have not thought of yet and that is could this impact the Patriots at some point?  If the trial is going on during the season and players, coaches and owner are called to testify or partake in any part of the trial, is that not a added team distraction?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't put any responsibility on the Pats either.  It's not like if the Pats didn't draft him nobody else would have.  Someone would have eventually taken a risk on Hernandez.

But I think the OP is pointing out something I have not thought of yet and that is could this impact the Patriots at some point?  If the trial is going on during the season and players, coaches and owner are called to testify or partake in any part of the trial, is that not a added team distraction?

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they'd be called as witnesses.  Doesn't seem like any of them were remotely involved with this.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they'd be called as witnesses.  Doesn't seem like any of them were remotely involved with this.  

[/QUOTE]

No not involved, but called in as Character witnesses?  Heck, there are several things they could be called in for, no?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

In response to TebowOwnsBrady's comment:

New rumors are saying Brady was the one that ordered the hit. Apparently, the guy was hitting on Brady's wife. Sealed

SICK.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

In response to TebowOwnsBrady's comment:

[QUOTE]

New rumors are saying Brady was the one that ordered the hit. Apparently, the guy was hitting on Brady's wife. Sealed

SICK.

[/QUOTE]

Just ignore that troll! He spent several days trying to show everyone how Manning and the Broncos are better then TFB and the Patriots, only to be humiliated to the point that he then admits that he isn't a Bronco's fan but is a fan of the Colts.  Bwahahahaha!  He's just a jealous troll.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

No not involved, but called in as Character witnesses?  Heck, there are several things they could be called in for, no?

That dog just don't hunt.

The prosecution would obviously not be inclined to call 'character witnesses'.  And the defense would be quite uncertain as to what might come out that would in all likelihood cast further negativity on their client.  And if the defense were to attempt this, the prosecution would most certainly object strenuously as to the relevancy to the crime.  Perhaps in the penalty phase of the trial, but by then it would be totally irrelevant after the gravity and depravity of the crimes had already been established.

But we shall just have to wait and see. One thing is certain, however, Matt Light doesn't have to worry about his time being wasted.  His pre-acknowledged views would be of no value to either the prosecution nor the defense. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[/QUOTE]

Can't say I'm an expert at murder trials (fortunately!), but don't they mostly look for character testimonials at the time of sentencing?  That's not that big a distraction, I don't think. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I'm worried about the constant stream of Lifetime network type movies with someone playing AH in a Pats colors uniform etc. The capacity for mediaexploitation  is huge. Especially if these trials drag on for years. 

I think at some point someone high up on the Pats needs to step forward and say "we made a mistake hiring this guy. We regret it. We'll do better".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

I'm worried about the constant stream of Lifetime network type movies with someone playing AH in a Pats colors uniform etc. The capacity for mediaexploitation  is huge. Especially if these trials drag on for years. 

I think at some point someone high up on the Pats needs to step forward and say "we made a mistake hiring this guy. We regret it. We'll do better".

I doubt it's going to reach OJ proportions. I mean six months and twelve months later you hardly hear about Newtown or the Colorado movie theatre shooting and those were both far bigger deals than the Hernandez crime.  I could be wrong, but I don't see this becoming a huge distraction for the Pats. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't blame the Bills for OJ's actions nor do I blame the Ravens for Lewis'.  Silly.  Now be prepared at the start of the season for the news that will be recycled and about the trial process.  But the underlying key is it will be about Hernandez the ex-Patriot...or ex-star for.   And the press will only hound BB so much on the subject because he won't allow it to be an issue for the team.  He'll stop it cold.  The front office may give tidbits but they do a pretty good job of finalizing issues as well.  No dark cloud here.  Once the football season is on the seperation between the two will become greater.  

The Pats have handled this wonderfully so far or as good as any team could.