ESPN BOSTON STORY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WelkerRules. Show WelkerRules's posts

ESPN BOSTON STORY

I just read on the espn boston link that the Pats offered Randy Moss a 1 yr. deal and he did not take it because he wanted a 3 yr. deal.
    This story then said that he looked into the Jets but I think it said they only offered a 1 yr. deal or something like that so he decided to retire.

The story then said the Pats offered moss a 1 yr but then signed ocho to a 3 yr.

Anyone think any truth to it.

It was on the espn boston site and I would post a link but not good at that so if someone would like to great. your thoughts on the pats doing this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: ESPN BOSTON STORY

No at all.... not for a second... that shipped sail. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

ESPN NFL analyst Chris Carter and close friend of Randy Moss called in to SportsCenter to give his take on Moss’ decision to retire. Interestingly, Carter indicated that it just might have been the moves the Patriots and Jets made at the receiver position that pushed Moss to make the decision to hang ‘em up.

"What I think forced (his retirement) was No. 1, New England trading for (Chad) Ochocinco,” Carter explained. “That's the No. 1 place he wanted to go to. His biggest problem with New England was he didn’t want a one-year deal. New England wanted to sign him to a one-year deal. As you can see, New England gave Chad that three-year deal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/30420/carter-hints-that-pats-made-moss-an-offer

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I believe it and I'm ok with it. Moss asked to be shipped and so he was shipped. His numbers were clearly declining but more so, his attitude wasn't something the younger guys needed to be exposed to. A 1-year deal, MAYBE 2-year deal, would have been ok but committing to this guy for 3 years? I'll pass.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

Not really buying what Chris Carter has to say. I am sure that Randy called the Pats, who probably said they might be interested in a one year deal, but I'm not buying that they actually made an offer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Moss would have JUMPED on ANY contract the Patriots would have offered him...for this reason I don't believe he was offered any type of contract

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

I'm a huge Moss fan, and would love him back, however, he does not have 3 more years in him (obviously my assumption).  I'm not sure any team would offer him a multi year contract, knowing he's only motivated by his next payday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN BOSTON STORY:
    [QUOTE]I'm a huge Moss fan, and would love him back, however, he does not have 3 more years in him (obviously my assumption).  I'm not sure any team would offer him a multi year contract, knowing he's only motivated by his next payday.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

I disagree, guys like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown were still productive into their late 30's, early 40's. At 34 Moss is still in fantastic shape and can run with just about anyone. It all depends on the guy's mindset. There's no doubt in my mind he could put up 1,000 yards and 10 tds a few more times if he was determined. That being said, 3 years is too much of an investment, you never know when he's going to have another one of his "episodes"

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think Carter was just trying to save face for Moss. I don't think the Pats made him an offer at all. Maybe he called and they said they might be interested for a year if the price was low enough but I doubt they made an offer.

Captain - there is a big difference between Moss, Rice, and Brown. Rice and Brown were closer to slot/possession type of receivers. They didn't rely on their speed as their main asset. They were much more reliant on their precise route running, elusiveness, and quick cuts which tend to last longer and can be retained in their later careers.

Moss has lost a step. It's been proven time and time again the bigger receivers who rely on their speed as a 1 dimensional assault generally don't usually make it to their mid 30's and tend to fall off a cliff quick.

It's like trying to compare apples to apple jacks. Other then apple being in their titles there is no comparison

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

If Moss did get a 1-yr offer from NE, BB was wise to see if he could get a motivated Moss on his terms.  Moss has proven to the league that he needs to be on a short leash or he's a liability.  Then again, while on a short leash last year, instead of just shutting his mouth and performing he essentially forced the Pats to trade him after his tirade.  And BB masterfully got a 3rd rounder for a guy who quit on the season after he was traded.  So does anyone really pretend to understand what motivates Moss?  I don't.  If he's not the #1 WR making beaucoup dosh, then he's a crapshoot on your roster.     

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

believe someone with pats was in contact kicking the tires, would u be interested in a one-year deal as the jets were doing... sure he made it clear the answer was no. is what it is. i wont give moss more than a year. perhaps a team option for the second year for him to save face. a head case..