ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay

Seriously, I don't know whats up with this guy. If he's a truly good at his job, then why the hell did he say on the Tebow pro workout video on ESPN that Jacksonville is not a good fit because his talents don't fit as a quarterback. He should UNDERSTAND that getting Tebow for the Jags would be ALL about bringing fans into the stadium so they can actually get some $$$ out of their fans. Talent is a big part of the draft, don't get me wrong, but he never mentions finances, leadership, or how much the kid loves football. Not enough proof? THIS SHOULD BE ENOUGH!

McShay's Board

Jimmy Clausen-36th overall (he said that on his latest board of prospects)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay

Cry

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"he's a truly good at his job, then why the hell did he say on the Tebow pro workout video on ESPN that Jacksonville is not a good fit because his talents don't fit as a quarterback. He should UNDERSTAND that getting Tebow for the Jags would be ALL about bringing fans into the stadium so they can actually get some $$$ out of their fans. Talent is a big part of the draft, don't get me wrong, but he never mentions finances, leadership, or how much the kid loves football."

While I agree that Jax really needs some help selling tickets, how many of those fans will really buy tickets if Tebow is their 3rd string QB??  Or if he starts and is brutal??  If their scouts don't think he can play, but the ownership picks him because he went to nearby UF, that pretty much tells you they're a sad organization.

What Jax really needs to compete with other franchises is more corporate sponsorship, club seats, and luxury boxes.  It's a pretty depressed area compared to most major cities.  This is where they're at a huge disadvantage.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay:
    [QUOTEWhile I agree that Jax really needs some help selling tickets, how many of those fans will really buy tickets if Tebow is their 3rd string QB?? Posted by siestafiesta[/QUOTE]

good point, probably none. the owner in jax has bungled this franchise the last 5 years. they need to get rid of Garrad for sure, but tebow would only work if he had the immediate talent to go in there and take over the QB position, otherwise he's a carbon copy of garrad, a big body that can hald-a$$ throw  and run the football

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

"he's a truly good at his job, then why the hell did he say on the Tebow pro workout video on ESPN that Jacksonville is not a good fit because his talents don't fit as a quarterback. He should UNDERSTAND that getting Tebow for the Jags would be ALL about bringing fans into the stadium so they can actually get some $$$ out of their fans. Talent is a big part of the draft, don't get me wrong, but he never mentions finances, leadership, or how much the kid loves football." While I agree that Jax really needs some help selling tickets, how many of those fans will really buy tickets if Tebow is their 3rd string QB??  Or if he starts and is brutal??  If their scouts don't think he can play, but the ownership picks him because he went to nearby UF, that pretty much tells you they're a sad organization. What Jax really needs to compete with other franchises is more corporate sponsorship, club seats, and luxury boxes.  It's a pretty depressed area compared to most major cities.  This is where they're at a huge disadvantage.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Just being there signing autographs would be enough to sell fans. Tebow is an icon across the United States for people who know football. Good points though.

Lol, personally I think they should just say F** u to Jacksonville fans and move to Los Angeles. Think about it.

Los Angeles Jaguars. Nice

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

Btw, people check out my blog on my profile. Already have a couple of posts up

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay :  Lol, personally I think they should just say F** u to Jacksonville fans and move to Los Angeles. Think about it. Los Angeles Jaguars. Nice
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

i hope not, i wouldn't mind if LA got a team, but not at the expense of a city losing its team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

My point is, Tebow to the Jags has absolutely nothing to do with talent! If Tebow has to be the starting QB, then the Jags will try to trade Garrard, thats how desperate the Jaguars are finacially. You gotta feel bad.

McShay really needs to go back to the basics of a good football player. Lol, I swear if J'Marcus Russell was in this draft and not the 2007 one, he probably would say that he should be drafted to the Rams just because of his so-called "amazing talent"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I think you must have McShay confused with Mel Kiper.  He's absolutely the best talent evaluator they have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

But if he's not good enough to play, how can you justify putting him on the field??  I don't care how many tickets he may potentially sell.  People aren't going to keep paying to see a lousy product.  In some regards, drafting Tebow could be the worst thing for the Jags do.  There would be big pressure on the organization to play him even if he wasn't ready.  I think even Tebow fans would admit that he probably needs at least a yr or 2 of NFL development before having any chance to be a good QB

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

New England Sports - I guess that's all you know about - if that - hey, did you know that the Jaguars actually polled their season tickets holders and they voted 55-45 % AGAINST drafting Tebow?

See for yourself:

http://jacksonville.com/sports/columnists/gene_frenette/2010-03-13/story/poll_on_tim_tebow_puts_jaguars_gm_in_awkward_spot

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Why would trading Girrard be a bad thing? Have you ever watched this bum play QB? Tebow is a better decision maker before he makes one play in the NFL than David Girrard is after 8 seasons.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

What made me angry is when McShay said the either the Colts or Patriots will draft Tebow in the 3rd round. Are you kidding me? The Colts are probably the best drafting team in football. They don't work on gimmicks. And Tebow reminds me of Vick-- a slower, not as good a throwing version. Everyone, Mort and his clowns, was so sure that Vick was going to be a Patriot, but I don't see him in Patriot blue.

Tebow is a clown. I never want to see him in a Patriots uniform. I hope to God that the Colts draft him, that ought to set them back a while after Peyton Manning retires.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I think you are missing the big point. TM's job isn't to analyze the "gate" draw of any college player. He isn't rating them on sales.

He is talking about skills. 

Tebow doesn't have any of those.

He is a bad fit anywhere.

The only way I would want him fired is if he actually said something as inane as:
    "Sure Tebow stinks. But I am giving him a good eval based on the fact that he can sell tickets. Seeing as how no one in Jax gives a rat's about football, he is a perfect fit for them."

Yeah, that would get him fired. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Since when did we care about ESPN, they lost their credibility years ago.  Though I do like their draft coverage...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

You just made a fool of yourself LOL. Draft a guy who wont be able to play until 2 , maybe 3 years from now , great idea. And enough with the " he'll put fans in the stands " , seriously how do you know that? No-ones paying money to watch someone hold a clip board LOL. Believe me the novelty will wear off pretty quick and the same goes for the leadership aspect in terms of Tebow. Guys arnt going to listen to someone in Dec. when they have been sitting on the bench for 3 months. You sound like a 9 y/o , a very stupid 9 y/o , LOL. Tebows been throwing the same way for 15 years , a couple weeks of practicing a new throwing motion and Jon Gruden in his ear isnt going to do it. Another thing Im so sick of hearing also is his running ability , Big Ty can chase him down , hes not breaking away from anyone , let alone a backer. Man Im so sick of this kid , he couldnt play his position in college and had trouble taking a couple simple snaps under center in PRACTICE. Hes a 4/5 round pick at best and he should thank his god when he does get picked.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD. Show NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD's posts

I think you must have McShay confused with Mel Kiper.  He's absolutely the best talent evaluator they have.
    Posted by croc

croc- Believe it or not, I actually think Kiper isn't that.... bad. I mean he's not that good, but hey he's better than Todd McDouche. Todd knows talent in many ways, yet he also can be dumb in that deparment too. Like I said, he ranks Clausen 36th overall and questions his leadership despite scouts saying Clausen is the most prepared junior-ready quarteback over the last 5 years. But good argument

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Jacksonville will sell tickets.  In Los Angeles.  short of that, I don't think it matters who they have,  Face it, even the Miami Dolphins have trouble filling their stadium, its a Florida thing, I guess.  Jax is too small for a team, and so is Buffalo for that matter.  Put one team in LA (Jags) and send the other one to Toronto.  Or just let them both die a natural death.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Man, just gotta add-Thank God for that 'I really don't care' fourth option up top, because for a moment there I was looking more bewildered than I was in High School filling out the individual letters of my name in bubble dots on the SATs...whew, too close for comfort. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN needs to fire Todd McShay : croc- Believe it or not, I actually think Kiper isn't that.... bad. I mean he's not that good, but hey he's better than Todd McDouche. Todd knows talent in many ways, yet he also can be dumb in that deparment too. Like I said, he ranks Clausen 36th overall and questions his leadership despite scouts saying Clausen is the most prepared junior-ready quarteback over the last 5 years. But good argument
    Posted by NEWENGLANDSPORTSNERD

Kiper gets his info from NFL FO contacts  McShay actually evaluates talent, and that's how he got into the business.  Many say this is a great year for other positions.  It doesn't mean Claussen isn't going to be a good QB.