ESPN = Racists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

ESPN = Racists

I was reading a rumor on SI.com about the Big Ben issue and in teh comments sections a poster made a very good point. Could the people at ESPN be a bunch of racists? Think about it, if this was a story about how Pac Man Jones might have r aped a girl it would be front page news the day the story broke and you would see guys at ESPN fighting for the right to say the broke the story but when Big Ben gets accused of r aping a girl ESPN waits like 78 hours before they finally report the story. A white man is accused and its "lets wait and see before we throw him under the bus" but a black man gets accused and its "ESPN broke the story first! you heard it here first!"

Randy Moss gets accused of breaking some girls finger and before they have any details at all they start reporting it.

A white QB on a super bowl winning team who does ESPN adds all the time and is a big time name in the sport gets accused and they dont want to act rash and jump teh gun but a black player gets himself in teh same exact situation and do they try and protect his reputation the way they did with Ben? I do not think so. If Pac Man Jones or TO or Randy Moss or Dante Stallworth or Tank Johnson (all black players) got into this situation it would be front page news for ESPN but a white QB whom they like gets accused and they dont even report it? That seems racist to me.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Re: ESPN = Racists

I thought you didnt follow espn? now i know for fact they are racist against the pats.it wouldnt matter who on our team was involved in something.it would be breaking news.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I dont watch ESPN, what I said was I read a rumor on SI.com as in Sports Illistrated.com not ESPN.com and I dont need to watch ESPN to know that they didnt report the Big Ben story because people on this forum and in the press have been bashing ESPN for not reporting it. Trust me my friend I do not watch ESPN.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

I think it has anything to do with race and everything to do with money.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Maybe the reason this story didn't make the headlines right away at ESPN is because Ben has not had prior issues (other than his bike wreck). Pacman, Tank, Randy, TO, all have had quite a bit of bad press already. ESPN had no problem with headlining Belichick's "issues" (i.e. the affair and spygate), and he is white as a ghost! This is the problem with the racist issue as I see it. Any time there is a perceived "slight" to a person of color, or it seems a white person is getting "preferrential treatment", immediately someone suggests it is a race issue. While I'm not denying racism is still a problem in our society, I believe a lot of people are too quick to assume everything is related to it. Much like the guy in Cambridge, who immediately thought that cop was harrassing him because he was black, tempers flare and sometimes mountains get made out of molehills. It's a very touchy subject. I think some people are a bit too hung up on it and someties it distorts their opinions. I find it hard to believe ESPN is racist. They have many black analysts and reporters. They also were one of the first ones to slam Rush Limbaugh (and ban him from air time) for his comments on McNabb. So while I do agree they waited an excessive amount of time to report Ben's issue, that doesn't necessarily make them racist. It is puzzling, though. Usually this type of "soap opera" is right up their alley.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN = Racists:
    [QUOTE]I dont watch ESPN, what I said was I read a rumor on SI.com as in Sports Illistrated.com not ESPN.com and I dont need to watch ESPN to know that they didnt report the Big Ben story because people on this forum and in the press have been bashing ESPN for not reporting it. Trust me my friend I do not watch ESPN.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE] i get my info the same as you.through other networks,or there .com site.only to look for what dirt they are saying.i dont follow them,but they do help in makeing good topics on the forum.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: ESPN = Racists:
    [QUOTE]I thought you didnt follow espn? now i know for fact they are racist against the pats.it wouldnt matter who on our team was involved in something.it would be breaking news.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

"rascist against the Pats" is a new concept. I just wonder if they are gay for Moleman.