ESPN "source" says resentment towards Gronk escalating in locker room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

ESPN "source" says resentment towards Gronk escalating in locker room

Here's a paragraph and link to read the whole article:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9819099/rob-gronkowski-absence-creating-tension-new-england-patriots

Tight end Rob Gronkowski's continued absence from the New England Patriots' lineup has escalated tension among teammates who have begun questioning him about why he's not playing and left some wondering if he intends to play at all this season, according to multiple sources.

"There's curiosity and resentment, and he's creating it by going out and kicking butt during the week and then he doesn't show up on game day and help the team win," one source said.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: ESPN

Then his idiot teammates need to go F themselves.

The guy isn't going to risk his career by coming back early to help a 4-1 team to 5-1.  Who cares what they think anyway.  No one liked Hernandez yet he could still catch balls.  Everyone liked Ochocinco yet he was a waste.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The S is ESPN stands for sensationalism...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

It's understandable, no matter what you do for a living people don't like being let down by their coworkers.  Does anybody really like the guy who calls in sick all the time leaving others to pick up the slack?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

ESPN staff's been trained to create controversy, even if they have to manufacture it with unnamed sources and deliberate misinterpretations.  At the start of the season, I'd have settled for 4-2 after six games.  With a bit of luck - ok, make it a lot of luck - Patriots could be 5-1 after six games, with or without Gronk.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

agree its human nature.   What's unnatural is the freakish forearm that has resisted healing properly.  Is this the most botched surgery of all time or what...?

Also could be the back surgery...  Which he had in college also and led to him slipping in the draft.   Pats took a chance and once again you get mixed results a la Ras-I and Ballard, etc.

This article is typical ESPN making a point out of nothing. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Shutdown Corner slams the door on this BS:

Football players are usually the first to remind everyone the NFL means “Not For Long” in their eyes. Since players can get cut prior to a season and not receive the full amount of money left on their contract, they usually understand the importance of staying healthy. That is what makes the questions from players surrounding Gronkowski very odd.

Gronkowski has endured four surgeries to repair a left forearm that he broke twice during the 2012 regular and postseason. That injury has prevented him from playing this year, and Gronkowski is not wrong for relying on doctors, who have just a little more medical training than his teammates, to approve his participation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Albert Breer         @AlbertBreer

... The Patriots then viewed Gronk's return as likely to come in a three-game window -- CIN/NO/NYJ. So next week is the end of that window.

10:07 AM - 13 Oct 2013

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Source: Dr. Andrews suggests that Gronkowski not play on Sunday  so what does that mean--it doesn't say he should not play.  Who hired Andrews--the Gronk family.?  what if Belichick says go play and he refuses-what happens then. I realize practice is not game action, but it doesn't seem he's ready.  None of this would be so annoying if he had behaved himself during the offseason, and helped his his body heal.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Source: Dr. Andrews suggests that Gronkowski not play on Sunday  so what does that mean--it doesn't say he should not play.  Who hired Andrews--the Gronk family.?  what if Belichick says go play and he refuses-what happens then. I realize practice is not game action, but it doesn't seem he's ready.  None of this would be so annoying if he had behaved himself during the offseason, and helped his his body heal.

[/QUOTE]

1.  What does that mean?  It means a doctor doesn't think he should play.

2.  What if Belichick says play?  If Gronkowski were to play and have a career ending injury in this instance, he'd have $100,000,000 coming his way in a lawsuit.

3.  Is there any evidence relating Gronkowski's summer activities with the healing of his arm?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Not surprised at this in the least.

Look, maybe all the kool-aide drinking homers think everything Gronk does is fine and dandy, but I'll tell you.... NFL competitors don't like to work their rump off all year only to lose a SB and then see a guy who was too hurt to be effective, that they needed, out dancing and laughing after a gut wrencher like that game was; only to follow that up with a dance/wrestle fiasco while he was supposedly hurt another time.

My guess is that Gronk is rapidly making himself a pariah on this team, both to the players and to the boss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Then his idiot teammates need to go F themselves.

The guy isn't going to risk his career by coming back early to help a 4-1 team to 5-1.  Who cares what they think anyway.  No one liked Hernandez yet he could still catch balls.  Everyone liked Ochocinco yet he was a waste.

[/QUOTE]

Put it any way you like, but the Mighty Gronk just isn't there when you need him most, but he sure as hell can party like an idiot after he lets you down. Other players notice this.

I'm betting Gronk's days in a NEP uni are numbered.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's understandable, no matter what you do for a living people don't like being let down by their coworkers.  Does anybody really like the guy who calls in sick all the time leaving others to pick up the slack?

[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, I thought you were in the adult industry. So wouldn't that be a NO for you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

This makes sense to me.  Wasn't it Gronk who was fake "wrestling" during a night on the town?  He's showing up and doing contact drills/practices - at some point someone's got to be thinking, "hey, get out on the field - even at 70%, it better than we got now."  I don't want the team to potentially ruin a career, and even with him, I can't envision the Pats beating the Saints this afternoon, but I can definately understand teammates and coaches getting antsy over the "will he, or won't he play" scenario.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1.  What does that mean?  It means a doctor doesn't think he should play.

2.  What if Belichick says play?  If Gronkowski were to play and have a career ending injury in this instance, he'd have $100,000,000 coming his way in a lawsuit.

3.  Is there any evidence relating Gronkowski's summer activities with the healing of his arm?

[/QUOTE]

#2 why do you think he would have a hundred million lawsuit coming? because Andrews THINKS he should not play--talk about a no opinion

#3 so you think  its ok for him to be partying, drinking as much alcohol as he can, picking men up and throwing them around (and thats probably when his back got reinjured)  You think that helps the healing process?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This makes sense to me.  Wasn't it Gronk who was fake "wrestling" during a night on the town?  He's showing up and doing contact drills/practices - at some point someone's got to be thinking, "hey, get out on the field - even at 70%, it better than we got now."  I don't want the team to potentially ruin a career, and even with him, I can't envision the Pats beating the Saints this afternoon, but I can definately understand teammates and coaches getting antsy over the "will he, or won't he play" scenario.

[/QUOTE]

It's probably likely he could play. Nobody is expecting him to dive for balls out of bounds like he did to re-injure his arm.

Not having him block on XPs might be a good idea this time around though! LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

guess he's out again according to "sources"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I'm sure as hell starting to resent him- If he can play in practice with contact there's no reason he shouldnt be playing in the games

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

#2 why do you think he would have a hundred million lawsuit coming? because Andrews THINKS he should not play--talk about a no opinion

#3 so you think  its ok for him to be partying, drinking as much alcohol as he can, picking men up and throwing them around (and thats probably when his back got reinjured)  You think that helps the healing process?

[/QUOTE]

#2:  If he wants to sit out because his doctor told him to, is forced to play by the coach (using a play or we'll cut you tactic maybe?) and then suffers a career ending injury, you can bet you life there would be a huge lawsuit coming the Patriot's way.

#3:  I haven't spend much time studying the healing process of a broken arm that has been broken before and the related effects of alcohol thereof.  I also don't know if he's been drinking as much alcohol as he can or if horseplay with friends has contributed to his injuries.  Come to think of it, neither do you.

People seem to think that goofing off with friends is as risky as having linebackers and dbacks targeting your recently recovered injuries.  I think otherwise.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

LOL you guys are funny.  Your all the same one's that were saying "no way welker leaves", he is happy here, its all media hype.

Obviously Gronk no longer trust the Pats.  Not surprised if he has played his last game as a PAT. Trade coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

#2:  If he wants to sit out because his doctor told him to, is forced to play by the coach (using a play or we'll cut you tactic maybe?) and then suffers a career ending injury, you can bet you life there would be a huge lawsuit coming the Patriot's way.

#3:  I haven't spend much time studying the healing process of a broken arm that has been broken before and the related effects of alcohol thereof.  I also don't know if he's been drinking as much alcohol as he can or if horseplay with friends has contributed to his injuries.  Come to think of it, neither do you.

People seem to think that goofing off with friends is as risky as having linebackers and dbacks targeting your recently recovered injuries.  I think otherwise.

[/QUOTE]

Alcohol weakens bones and interferes with fracture healing

Also important is advice on abstaining from alcohol when broken bones are healing, because drinking has a detrimental effect on the healing process. "To heal properly, bone cells must first form a 'matrix,' which later hardens or ossifies," explains fellow researcher at the Omaha VA Medical Center, Dr Terrence Donohue (also professor of internal medicine at University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha). "Alcohol consumption changes the composition of this matrix by suppressing the formation of osteoblasts and/or decreasing their ability to respond to signals that normally trigger bone formation after a fracture."

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/538462

I can probably find fifty more articles that would back this up , but I'm not going to bother.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

The truth hurts. Gronk is a problem so face it. He is a useless member of this team and they know it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No one should ever bash people like McCourty, Arrington, Ninkovich or any other non-star player on this team again that plays hurt and plays less than 100%, knowing them being out there is better than the back up or better than nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Oh, you mean like Brady in SB 42 playing on the bad wheel that he had operated on in the off-season dumbkoff?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Not all football players are strictly business men thinking about nothing but their careers.  There still exists a very tough guy like mentality, where if you are perceived as loafing, not pulling your weight when you should be giving your all to help the team win you are looked down on and not respected.  The fact that he has been contributing fully in practice for weeks now but then coming up short and not playing come game time will catch up with him among teammates.  Some of the injuries players have played with over the years are nothing short of incredible.  I bet if you ask a guy like Mankins behind closed doors how he felt about the situation, you would get a very negative response. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'm a callin' BS on this one. I believe Gronk's Team knows full well what he has gone thru and are behind him 100%

ESPN can kiss my wrinkled ole' you know what....