ESPN takes shot at Pats again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again

In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again:
    [QUOTE]I'll never understand the troll.  What a bunch of self righteous BS.  You Pat fans this and that.  Well Jets fan.  What has you team done?  When was the last SB appearance?  Come back when your team has done something.
    Posted by garytx[/QUOTE]

McCheaters doesn't respond to this type of thing. He is disillusion, his "Superbowl" every year for the last two has been losing in the AFC Championship.

His team, in his eyes, is very much relevant because they were close yet choked both times. Getting destroyed by Peyton and his passing attack and then getting pounded by the Steelers running game last year.

What I find funny is that the Eagles made it to how many NFC Championship games? 5? and I didn't hear their fans celebrating.

1969, I bet he wasn't even born when the Yets won their Superbowl. If he was, then its just sad that a 40+ year old Yets fan is sitting in a Pats forum.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

[QUOTE]They won 2 playoff games since spygate "broke". 1. 2007 season vs Jags 2. 2007 season vs Chargers (AFC Championship)
    Posted by DynastyXXXVI[/QUOTE]

Exactly, but like many other things at ESPN, Mathematics may not be their strong suit?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Truth is everybody roots against the favored, dynasty, Golliath. The spygate thing just gives them something to hold onto....kind of like their binky. If we win another one this year, it'll still be there, but it doesn't matter. No one can take those super bowls away. No one.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

This was brought up in another thread, and I'll repeat what I said there.

Easter-Turd has no credibility left.

The fact that he got the "no playoff wins since Spygate" thing wrong just damages his lack of credibility even further.

He compared that non-scandal to the 1919 Black Sox a few years ago.

Gangsters and gamblers conspire with players to fix a World Series, and somehow that's the same thing as videotaping signals? Never mind that fact that signal stealing is legal and an accepted part of the game--you just aren't supposed to do it with a camera (at least not since Red Light Goodell became commissioner).

Easter-Turd is a moron.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

#1 The Spygate reference is just plain stupidity.

#2 I will pay attention to the Jets troll when his team can display a SuperBowl trophy other than the one from the Second Ice Age.

My 2 cents.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

[QUOTE]1)  Until the Patriots win another Superbowl, spygate will always be attached to the team.  Whether you like it or not, that is the national perspective. 2)  Why do fans get upset when the analysis of their team doesn't meet their standards?  So what if someone thinks your team is going to falter?  Does pre-season predictions really mean anything? 
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

I agree on Point #1 but that doesn't make it right.

For God's sake, you've got former Raiders like Villipiano, who have Super Bowl rings, talking to NFL Films all the time about how "cheating was encouraged" by Davis, Madden, et al....and he described all the ways in which the Raiders did, in fact, cheat.

I'm supposed to take Spygate seriously when I hear stuff like that?

I'm supposed to take Spygate seriously when Denver cheats on the salary cap and wins two Super Bowls, while their head coach also gives an interview in S.I. where he talks about having guys in the stands with binoculars "figuring out the other team's signals by halftime."???

Never mind how many former coaches have stepped forward since 2007 to say that:  A--they did it too; B--everyone else was doing it; C--teams did a lot worse things than that; and D--it's no big deal, it's "just football."

As for the preview....didn't read it. Don't care, really.

What matters is what happens starting September 12th.

But people can go (blank) themselves when it comes to Spygate as far as I'm concerned.

It was much ado about nothing...NOTHING.

And if Fredo Mangini hadn't been the Jets' coach at the time, it STILL would be going on in Foxboro, because none of the other teams who caught the Pats doing it ever turned them in. Only Fredo did, because he wanted to embarrass his former boss. He never dreamed that it would be blown up into the football version of Watergate, however; I can guarantee that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

hmm the strange, the gods are hating on the pats.

I wonder what peyton manning did for all those years that he got dumped out of the playoffs.

What about philip rivers, he must be cheating and making the gods angry too.

Oh and what about rapethisburger, i guess god doesnt care too much about rape girls in bathrooms because if he did he wouldnt let the steelers win as much as they have.

Or

OR hear me out, The pats have just lost to good solid playoff time teams.

OMG is it possible that the term any given sunday actually holds water?
     Yes, yes it does.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

"the football gods will torment this team..." does that mean all the haters will just keep harping on this old story, as they keep doing?

All Eagles fans talk about is mcflygate, or whatever they call it. For all those who are going to philly, I wouldn't recommend wearing too much gear, if any, maybe something water repellent Not much love in the city of brotherly love for pats fans.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

The media wants there to be a disliked team in every sport, so they can write about the drama.  It's easiest to designate a team that people are sick of because of too much success for too long (unless lebron james is around.  dig it, they set up his stupid announcement for him, then they bashed him for it for the rest of his life.)

It's really quite weird that people would focus on the video-taping thing.  I mean, Rodney Harrison was a big part of two fo the teams super-bowl wins, and he was busted for the 'riods.  That is a huge on the field advantage.  I don't hear about it anymore.  As opposed to spygate, which is really not about taping so much as taping from the wrong spot.  But fans won't complain about an opponent using PEDs, which is clearly cheating, because they have rooted for a doper at some point, too, and they know it.

A little perspective:  during the steroids era in professional sports, the patriots, perhaps amoung others, set up video cameras, to tape games that were already being recorded from who knows how many different spots, in a spot that was not allowed by the league and they got busted.  they had to give up a 1st round draft pick for cheating.

By the way, the Rams are the biggest cry-babies because they couldn't believe they lost to begin with; which might have something to do with why they lost.
    To Payton Mannings credit, he hasn't complained about this bs one bit (not that I have heard.)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Easterbrook is a flat-out anti-Semitic racist and that's undeniable. Check out some of his other "work" sometime. I've no idea how he's still employed there after all this time.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

When the Pats win it all, his article will be even worse. 

Has Phat Rex figured out what corn shucking means yet?  My guess is he's practicing as we write.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Jealousy lives forever. When you win everyone wants to drag you down. It's much better in sports to be the hated instead of the hater. That's how you know your good.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Wow, this story gets even better.

When informed that the Pats had, in fact, won two playoff games in 2007 AFTER Spygate broke, this was Easter-Turd's reply (hat tip: the invaluable bostonsportsmedia.com website): "My feeling is the real spygate began with the NYTimes report on Matt Walsh two days before the NE-NY super bowl."

WHAT???

Matt Walsh's "story" was the "real Spygate????" That non-story that turned out to be complely false? Is that the one you mean Greggggggg?? The story that revealed absolutely, positively nothing new? That one, Gregggggggg?

What a moron.

Typical media maggot: can't even admit that he's wrong about the facts of his article so he spins and makes up this whopper to cover himself.

Incredible.

And to set the record straight: ESPN suspended him a few years back, but didn't fire him, for making statements in an article that were considered anti-semitic in nature.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

whata dipstick.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

That's just typical Easterbrook.  Nothing about that surprises me coming from that loser.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ESPN takes shot at Pats again : It's accurate.  What's the problem?  Back in the early part of the last decade, the Patriots were dominant.  Since Spygate...not so much.  Cry all you want about how unfair it is or how many years ago, but when you get busted cheating, it taints your accomplishments until you can prove you can do the same thing without cheating. 
    Posted by McCheaters[/QUOTE]

1969....last time the Jets won anything worth mentioning.  If AFC championship games are your claim to fame, then the Pats have been in 6 Superbowls (won 3) since the Jets won a Superbowl. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

listen when they dominate again this year win it all again all this crap  of spy gate stuff will be put to rest and i love the nieve fans who think that other teams wernt doing the same thing it took one rat ex coach to turn the soil over in the nfl, so clap ure hands to the ignorant fans like mc-fagger that stand so proud with such little knowlege in hand, of what it really take to be a dynasty like new england