ESPN - The Mag: Pats don't make playoffs and Miami WINS AFC EAST!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

ESPN - The Mag: Pats don't make playoffs and Miami WINS AFC EAST!!

Hey, it is just their opinion, right?!!  Let the arguments and guffawing begin!!!!

PS - It is a Peyton love fest, too.  Get your Pepto bottle handy!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: ESPN - The Mag: Pats don't make playoffs and Miami WINS AFC EAST!!

Honestly, I'm taking a huge wait and see approach with the Dolphins. They could easily flop like the Eagles from a couple years ago, or maybe they do turn out to be a 9-7 or 10-6 team if Tannenhill takes the next step and Lamar Miller can be a solid #1 RB. I heard about that from a friend at work today and found it funny...guess we will see. I will say that losing Keller for the year is not the way to start on offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Wait, the article thinks we won't even make the playoffs as a wild card (if Dolphins win AFCE)? I so, then that is a huge load of BS. The only way that has even the slightest chance of happening is if Brady goes down for the year early on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Controversy sells.  These preseason predictions need to throw a few wild thoughts out there to get people talking. Look at the Vegas odds if you want a real prediction. they actually have something to lose by being wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Honestly, I'm taking a huge wait and see approach with the Dolphins. They could easily flop like the Eagles from a couple years ago, or maybe they do turn out to be a 9-7 or 10-6 team if Tannenhill takes the next step and Lamar Miller can be a solid #1 RB. I heard about that from a friend at work today and found it funny...guess we will see. I will say that losing Keller for the year is not the way to start on offense.

High running RB Daniel THomas and apparent draft bust from 2011, Daniel THomas, is supposedly pushing Miller in camp. Either way, I don't see either as a legit #1.

Martin at LT will be a massive problem for them.  Bess, Fasano, Sean Smith, Dansby, now Keller, etc. Vontae Davis also was dealt last year.  So much turnover and instability, I've never seen it work before, especially in year 1.

One of the things people are missing is Tannehill's fade in the second half last year.  Not a shock for a rookie QB, but look at their schedule and factor in the usual sophmore slump for 2nd year QBs.

Again, ESPN is a joke.

Oh, I agree. I think they are a trendy pick because of all the offseason acquisitions, just like the Eagles were before. Personally, I don't think they make the playoffs, but we will have to see.

I think if everything (offseason acquisitions, Miller, Tannenhill, no major injuries) works out for them, their ceiling is a 10-6 or 9-7 team, which will not be enough to take the division from the Pats. However, I would not bet any money on them achieving a winning record without seeing a few games first.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

A quick note: I took a look at their schedule and I think there is a decent chance they start the season 1-4 going into their bye week.

First 5 games: @ Cleveland, @ Indy, vs Atlanta, @ New Orleans, vs Baltimore

I think they could possibly win either the Indy or Cleveland game, but that's it. I don't see them beating the Falcons, Saints (in New Orleans), or Ravens unless one of these teams plays down to their competition badly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Again...an ESPN publication taking a giant SH*T on the NE Pats, and this is a surprise?...

Nothing going on here...lol..move along folks...

I mean, this is total horse twaddle....ESPN has been trying to write this stuff and be accurate for the last 6 or 7 seasons..not this year Trey Wingo honey, not this year!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[/QUOTE]

I could see if they said something like "each NE and Miami go 11-5 with Miami winning on a tiebreaker" or something like that.  But, to follow it up with a "NE misses the playoffs" is bulletin board material 101 to me because it''s so beyond ridiculous to back that up with some kind of logical reasoning, it's not even funny.

[/QUOTE]

This is the key. When I realized that, I laughed. Again, pending a Brady injury early on, I honestly can't see this team not making the playoffs as at least a wild card team.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Ok... the ragging on ESPN - The "Rag" has begun.

I, too, found it amazing the predictions had the Pats not making the playoffs at all! 

IMHO, they are giving too much emphasis on the loss of Welker and Hern to the O with question marks about Gronk plus not trusting the D.  Granted, you do not put too much into the pre-season, but, the Pats have looked much better at this stage than they have in prior years.  This is a young team and the pundits over at the mag do not trust the youth factor will be overcome by TB and BB.  Also, take note, they are trusting computer results and when you factor out all the offensive production of last season attributed to Welker/Hern/Gronk with no real numbers to put into their places, you get what you get.

In the end, we'll all laugh at the mag as the Pats win the AFC East comfortably, make the playoffs, go deep and even win the whole darn thing!  There will not be enough years of time to give to the mag to wipe the egg off their faces after these opinions.  But, it is their opinions!!!

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Last year, the Bills were supposed to be the most improved team in the AFC East to vie against the Patriots. This year, it's the Dolphins. Of the AFC East teams, they're the most likely team to have a chance to come in first, but - I don't think it's going to happen

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Bulletin board material....  Play that disrespect card BB... .

Thank you very much, ESPN the MAG.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from elendil. Show elendil's posts

Guess they want to be as controversial as Rolling Stone?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Warnings were out. Another example of the anti-BB ESPN bias. 

^^^ The vast right wing conspiracy against BB exposed again by the dumbkoff.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Again...an ESPN publication taking a giant SH*T on the NE Pats, and this is a surprise?...

I mean, this is total horse twaddle....ESPN has been trying to write this stuff and be accurate for the last 6 or 7 seasons..not this year Trey Wingo honey, not this year!!!

Well, some here, like that moron RushThePillPopper thinks you and I (and others) wear tin foil hats because we know ESPN uses veiled or even blatant anti-BB biases because the majority of fans are jealous of the Pats aka hate our team, so it sells.

I get the business side of it, but at some point, if you're this obvious about it, it backfires. 

Can't wait for RKrap to swoop in, tell us he just got back from a vacation in Fiji with Bruschi, and how ESPN doesn't have an anti-BB bias, applying it wherever and whenever possible. lmao

Oh poor crusty.... You and your paranoid "everyone hates the Pats" baloney is SO tiresome. I guess this is a Roger Goodell-initiated scenario for you to justify your idiotic rants about anything that remotely puts your team and your ball sucking love of bb in anything other than über-rosy settings. Get over it loser. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

In response to nyjetssuc's comment:

Well, some here, like that moron RushThePillPopper thinks you and I (and others) wear tin foil hats because we know ESPN uses veiled or even blatant anti-BB biases because the majority of fans are jealous of the Pats aka hate our team, so it sells.

I get the business side of it, but at some point, if you're this obvious about it, it backfires. 

Can't wait for RKrap to swoop in, tell us he just got back from a vacation in Fiji with Bruschi, and how ESPN doesn't have an anti-BB bias, applying it wherever and whenever possible. lmao

And BTW you obviously know you were who i was referring to and wear a tin foil hat since you acknowledged being that person without me even mentioning your name. Everyone knows you are completely paranoid about anything but glowing adoration of the team and anything but that is a vast conspiracy

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

The Phins will not make the playoffs. John Clayton must have been a source for such a rediculous prediction. I'm not being a homer, just basing it on reality. The Pats squish the fish twice this season and never look back at them As they roll for another great season. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Leave it to ESPN to be foolish enough to think that this team is much worse than last years. Sure they lost most of their recievers, but the team as a whole is much more talented this year in my opinion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Don't really know what to expect from the Dolphins...it's tough to predict with a quarterback that young and unproven. I mean the kid looks like he can play, but let's face it, most QB's have talent and show a little something for stretches (look at Cassel). Until Tannehill takes that next step, the Dolphins will be like everyone else...a team wishing they had a once in a lifetime QB like ours.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

Warnings were out. Another example of the anti-BB ESPN bias. 

^^^ The vast right wing conspiracy against BB exposed again by the dumbkoff.

Right wing conspiracy?  Care to elaborate what a right wing conspiracy has to do with a sports news outlet trying to sell more magazines?

[/QUOTE]

That's the term your hero Hillary used to describe the plot against her lying hubby, dum bass. You are clueless.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The dolphins are a mediocre team with a stiff for a QB. We are a mediocre team with a HOFer for a QB and the best HC around.

We win the division and Miami makes some noise for a wildcard.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/gif_193x113_39ce6f_zps83b8ca29.gif?t=1373985234

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skippyz. Show skippyz's posts

Odds to win Super Bowl NE 7-1 Mia 40-1

Odds to win AFC NE 3-1 Fish 18-1.

Guess ESPN needs to sell mags with their own version of reality. 

Noone ever got rich betting against Vegas.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Here I will agree with rusty. I couldn't care less about a hummer but how he did his job. Tightie rightie pervs who are no better scream about him but they're no better

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

On a scale of what's important in life, this rates slightly lower then what RG3 thinks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

My hero is Hillary Clinton?  When did this happen? I want to know why you would apply that to what you were addressing.

Also, no one cares if a guy lies about getting a hummer. Maybe if you ever got one, you'd understand.

Thump that bible, Babe. Thump it good!

She is on the same side of all the issues as you dumbkoff. Don't deny your adulation for Hillary.

I apply it because her statement was just as ludicrous as yours is.

Nobody cares, but Clinton's legacy is a joke dumbkoff. People will forever snicker at what a stooge the man was.

I'm sure I have enjoyed more of those than you ever will (with a woman anyway). LMAO@U