Everyone writing off Kenbrell Thompkins?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Everyone writing off Kenbrell Thompkins?

Why's everyone writing KT off? After one medicore game?

The guy has potential and has shown flashes. He clearly struggled against Buffalo, largely due to nerves, if I had to guess. But that doesn't mean the guy is chopped liver. 

All I hear is how Brady's WRs are decimated, and Edelman is his only viable option. Nonsense! 

Thompkins will play better, I'd imagine. Edelman will continue to work the slot with success, and Dobson, if active/healthy, could catch a few balls. We need not forget Boyce, either, who has versatility and athleticism. 

I'd agree that the outlook at TE is a bit more bleak, at least until Sudfeld gains some confidence and his hamstring heals. If he can go tonight, I think the TE position will be fine. If not, that leaves Hooman and Mulligan, who they re-signed the other day. Not terribly impressive.

The RBs and offensive line will need to have a big day -- Ridley, Blount, Washington, and Bolden (if he plays) will be counted on. But I find it absurd to claim that the Patriots have nothing at WR. A bunch of unknowns, sure. But not a complete lack of talent. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Everyone writing off Kenbrell Thompkins?

I think Kenbrell is going to be up and down as things go further...I think the guy needs to get into the weight room. I think he has potential, but it's going to take some time, he really wasn't that far off from making some good plays in Buffalo. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Hope you are right, but until an undrafted rookie proves something in the regular season, I can't put much stock into him.  I like his skills, but I have to see him perform in a meaningful game before I can get on board.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not writing him off.  After all, I did say he could very possibly turn out to be the best WR on this team.  But then I came back to earth and realized that he never faced the talent he would in a regular season NFL game.  It's the best of the best out there on any given Sunday.  It wasn't going to be as easy as the preseason games were for him.  And we seen that reality come crashing down vs the Bills. 

I still think he is a talented guy and can be a good weapon for this team.  I think it was nerves and the game was way faster then he expected.  I think once he settles down, learns from his mistakes, watches more film then he will get it.  Hopefully it won't take too long.  We need him to be good.  

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Some are I guess. I actually still believe he is our # 1, he just hasnt grown into the position. I was just shocked Brady threw to him 14 times. Thats a sign Brady likes him. He will work with him cuz he knows he has talent. He recieved nothing but praise up until that game so I see it as a rookies 1st game. Didnt they say Jerry Rice dropped his 1st pass? Anyway, I dont know if its this game or not , but I expect a better showing now that he has seen what the NFL is about and also dont discount that the whole buff. secondary practiced jamming all week. Once he settles in, I expect him to perform every week. Some think he will be passed on the depth chart by Dobson, Boyce but Im still thinking he has better year than both. Once Gronk returns, a LOT of pressure will be removed from the rooks.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I thought you left.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Kenbrell is going to be up and down as things go further...I think the guy needs to get into the weight room. I think he has potential, but it's going to take some time, he really wasn't that far off from making some good plays in Buffalo. 

Agreed.

I'd also like to see them send him deep a bit more. Buffalo was using a lot of single high safety looks, with man-coverage across the board, so the deep sideline was open; man-on-man. Gotta trust your receivers to make a few plays. 

Also, that back shoulder fade they were trying to run, that needs to be adjusted. The route is perfectly reasonable, but the receiver needs to sell the fact that he's going up the field. If he makes a half-hearted attempt to sell the streak, the CB will sit on the back shoulder throw. Thompkins needs to do a better job of getting the CB to turn his back and run, as if he was defending the streak, in order for that route to work. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Despite 4 catches/14 targets, I saw some things I liked in this kid.  He got separation a couple of times, has good hands and clearly has Brady's confidence.  As I've said elsewhere, he needs to learn the pro game, develop a sense of field awareness, learn the 2-feet-in-bounds piece and develop a sense of what Brady expects in certain situations.  I see him developing as the season prgresses.

And, he11 no, I'm not writing him off.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Why's everyone writing KT off? After one medicore game?

The guy has potential and has shown flashes. He clearly struggled against Buffalo, largely due to nerves, if I had to guess. But that doesn't mean the guy is chopped liver. 

All I hear is how Brady's WRs are decimated, and Edelman is his only viable option. Nonsense! 

Thompkins will play better, I'd imagine. Edelman will continue to work the slot with success, and Dobson, if active/healthy, could catch a few balls. We need not forget Boyce, either, who has versatility and athleticism. 

I'd agree that the outlook at TE is a bit more bleak, at least until Sudfeld gains some confidence and his hamstring heals. If he can go tonight, I think the TE position will be fine. If not, that leaves Hooman and Mulligan, who they re-signed the other day. Not terribly impressive.

The RBs and offensive line will need to have a big day -- Ridley, Blount, Washington, and Bolden (if he plays) will be counted on. But I find it absurd to claim that the Patriots have nothing at WR. A bunch of unknowns, sure. But not a complete lack of talent. 

Hey, I'm with you.  Personally, I look forward to seeing new talent develop right before our eyes.  I realize that he might not turn out to be what we are hoping for, but I see no reason to doubt him or the others yet.  Let 'em play and watch 'em learn.  It should be fun!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

1)Its only one play, it was a preseson game agisnt TB. KT made a waggle at the LOS and was never jammed or even touched aginst the cb as  he went down the sidle ine for a big completion

2) KT made 3/4 mistakes against the Bills

2 - going out of bounds and didn't get his 2nd foot down - one was very difficult

1 - didn't come back to the ball for a back shoulder catch

1 - in the end zone - didn't break to the left  on a TB scramble - should've been a TD

I believe another time he was free down the side and TB didn't see him

He runs the right routes

He has some technical issues to correct - if he works on it - which I hear Troy Brown say all the rookie receiveres have the right head set - - we should all just cool our jets on burying any of these guys;

I really don't casre wher they come from - unless its the SEC - players ususally dont play against equal talent - they usually  get by on their God given talent until they get to the pros - and then the overall speed in an NFL seaon game is something noine of them has seen.

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Agreed.

I'd also like to see them send him deep a bit more. Buffalo was using a lot of single high safety looks, with man-coverage across the board, so the deep sideline was open; man-on-man. Gotta trust your receivers to make a few plays. 

Also, that back shoulder fade they were trying to run, that needs to be adjusted. The route is perfectly reasonable, but the receiver needs to sell the fact that he's going up the field. If he makes a half-hearted attempt to sell the streak, the CB will sit on the back shoulder throw. Thompkins needs to do a better job of getting the CB to turn his back and run, as if he was defending the streak, in order for that route to work. 

exactly, it looked like a play they never ran the way it looked. I recal game 1 in 2007, Brady thew the same play to Moss and he caught it. Its a rookie mistake. I think a couple things here and there and he could have had a good game. he wa inches away from a TD. He was one foot out of another 20 yard catch. He was held a couple times. The 14 attempts is to me a good sign that Brady trusts him and will work out the kinks. He sees him everyday and he hasnt praised Dobson the way he has with this kid. I agree that he needs to sell that more. Or run a stop and go if he is sitting on your underneath routes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I am not writing him off, but mediocre is giving him was to much credit in that game. I am waiting to see him perform against real NFL players (as opposed to preseason guys currently on practice squads and unemployment lines) before I say he will be a productive NFL player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Nerves.

He really looked nervous.   Sure, some of his routes weren't crisp either, but I'm expecting him to look much better tonight.  It's only his 2nd game.  As long as he shows progress each game he'll be fine.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I am not writing him off, but mediocre is giving him was to much credit in that game. I am waiting to see him perform against real NFL players (as opposed to preseason guys currently on practice squads and unemployment lines) before I say he will be a productive NFL player.

I agree. If made some catches / plays that Edelmen made people here would be siging hi up for the HOF.  Edelmen makes a great catch and some still give him crap. Different expectations for sure. KT was very scared out there and TB forced a couple of throws his way. Lots of work to do. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Anybody who is writing off a rookie after ONE GAME needs their head examined. The guy showed he has the talent in pre-season.....along with flashes from Dobson & Boyce.

The lack of patience from New England fans is frightening.....I really wish 2007 never happened.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Who? Oh the dude that 31 teams didn't want and had a 28% catch rate?  He sure can run fast.

Hey Phat Rex/Bustchise/anonymis/patriotrain/bungalobill/fatsam/Leon/YanksHess and a host of others....

You are a JETS TROLL...this is just for you Jets trolls and Jets fans...

We've made fun of star-crossed franchises like the Browns and Lions and Bills here, but the Jets—who somehow managed to WIN a Super Bowl at one point—are unquestionably the laughingstock of the NFL. Not only do they lose, but they lose in the tackiest way possible. Their fans are insecure morons and their players are somehow even dumber. What purpose do they serve other than to hold themselves up for merciless ridicule?

Your quarterback: BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE BUTTFUMBLE.

Why Your Team Sucks 2013: New York Jets

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

one word. overreaction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I want to see him play on a surface where he has confidence in his footing. First few routes I saw him run, it looked like he was playing on ice and couldn't cut like he wanted too. Such as that back shoulder fade, also that one in the endzone. it looked to me and others watching the game with me that he was afraid to make drastic changes of direction. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Im not writing him off, but I think he was way overhyped after during the preseaso.He has no bizness being our #1 outside wr. Thats just a joke. He should be a 4th or 5th option type guy. Which is still a very good accomplishment for an undrafted wr. I dont blame kt for that, its  the front office and bb fault that they didnt try to sign or trade for a big time wr. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Im not writing him off, but I think he was way overhyped after during the preseaso.He has no bizness being our #1 outside wr. Thats just a joke. He should be a 4th or 5th option type guy. Which is still a very good accomplishment for an undrafted wr. I dont blame kt for that, its  the front office and bb fault that they didnt try to sign or trade for a big time wr. 

What are you basing this statement off of? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I never liked him so I don't have to "write him off", but whatever Brady saw in him is still there. I'm willing to excuse his poor display as, as one poster put it, simply nerves.

Aaron Dobson # 17 Marshall U

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1009021/1zdtb8m_jpg.gif

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Are you saying this because he went undrafted? Because a 6th round draft pick who was the 199th pick shouldn't be a starting QB either. He most likely went UD because he has a criminal record that scares teams away.