Evidence the Patriots Targeted DeMarcus Ware?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Evidence the Patriots Targeted DeMarcus Ware?

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=4582872

I have not done extensive due diligence on this in terms of whether we had cap space, etc. I just thought it made sense considering our need for a pass rusher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Evidence the Patriots Targeted DeMarcus Ware?

Not to mention, we have the picks Dallas would surely demand for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Isn't that just too cute, JJ playing coy with the media like a little girl.

What a dooshbag.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

And when he says "we could have gotten an impact player for us this year", that also makes the Patriots a suitor, doesn't it? I definitely think A. Thomas would have contributed to their defense in a good way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Who cares? The time has passed...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no mention of the Pats or Ware. It sounds like JJ is coming out and saying this to try and win over the fan base a bit more. After the way the Boys have been preforming him saying that they turned down a big offer for a star player shows he has confidence in this team right now. Just gives an image of the wizard form the wizard of oz. All smoke and mirrors to keep people interested and happy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In Response to Re: Evidence the Patriots Targeted DeMarcus Ware?:
    [QUOTE]no mention of the Pats or Ware. It sounds like JJ is coming out and saying this to try and win over the fan base a bit more. After the way the Boys have been preforming him saying that they turned down a big offer for a star player shows he has confidence in this team right now. Just gives an image of the wizard form the wizard of oz. All smoke and mirrors to keep people interested and happy.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, I don't see him as that intelligent of an owner. The question is, give me one instance in which Jerry Jones was NOT confident in his team?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I think you're on to something here, I really do.

Adalius Thomas and a 1st round pick would have made sense as an offer.

Man, I can only dream about Demarcus Ware on the Patriots.  That would be incredible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

How about when he fired the Tuna?  He lost all confidence that his team could win a superbowl and decided a radical change was in order hiring Wade Phillips

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Ware is a FA after this year and will command the richest deal in the history of the NFL. Does that sound like something the Pats would ever do?
    Dallas has lost to an undefeated Denver team (and should have won a la the Pats) and a very good Giants team....seems they are right in the tick of it...no?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]How about when he fired the Tuna?  He lost all confidence that his team could win a superbowl and decided a radical change was in order hiring Wade Phillips
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Ego. He couldn't possibly fathom his team being a success without his wrinkly little fingers all over the system. If he believed that Phillips was the better person scheme-wise then that's an issue in itself but I believe it was an ego thing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]Ware is a FA after this year and will command the richest deal in the history of the NFL. Does that sound like something the Pats would ever do? Dallas has lost to an undefeated Denver team (and should have won a la the Pats) and a very good Giants team....seems they are right in the tick of it...no?
    Posted by rkarp[/QUOTE]

Who knows the answer to that, really. Perhaps Ware wouldn't mind a smaller contract in hopes of competing for a ring. I don't know if that's true but you can't ignore the possibility either.

Last I checked, being competitive in games (and still losing) doesn't help you in the standings at all. This isn't the childish BCS. With that said, losses are losses and Dallas hasn't looked too good, period. Nobody really considers them contenders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I actually considered that this is what he was referring to primarily because it makes a lot of sense.  You could send Adalius Thomas and one of our 2011 1st rounders and you've got a net gain of an incredible pass rusher for now into the future.  However, Belichick referenced exactly the opposite - that it didn't look like they'd be making any trades soon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[Who knows the answer to that, really. Perhaps Ware wouldn't mind a smaller contract in hopes of competing for a ring. I don't know if that's true but you can't ignore the possibility either.
    Last I checked, being competitive in games (and still losing) doesn't help you in the standings at all. This isn't the childish BCS. With that said, losses are losses and Dallas hasn't looked too good, period. Nobody really considers them contenders.]
    Are you serious? Would any player leave warm weather Dallas that idolizes football players to come to cold, cranky New England AND LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE??
    Last you checked? Check again, they have 2 losses and are in the tick of the playoff race. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Evidence the Patriots Targeted DeMarcus Ware? : Well I guess we should just fire BB since you think it makes sense.  Since when did you become an NFL GM or Coach.  I trust BB decision making over yours.
    Posted by BBRULES23[/QUOTE]

Excuse me but I never said I was a coach or GM. The whole point of the post was to point out something the Patriots may have considered.