Ex Giants O Lineman O'Hara: "NE Has Best O Line"

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Ex Giants O Lineman O'Hara:

I think the O-line is vastly underrated . I'm guilty of that as well. Vollmer may be the best right tackle in the game and Soldier will be a star on the left in time. I like Thomas too, where did they get that guy? The line is very well coached too. Like the defense they are improving each week. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I remember in his rookie season he had to start in place of an injured Matt Light against the Colts in Indy, on the turf. He shut Freeny out the entire game, his performance was flawless.  Just another great find by Belichick. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another benefit of running the ball effectively = more handoffs and less sack potential.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Another benefit of running the ball effectively = more handoffs and less sack potential.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, definitely 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I think seattle's front four will be the next big test.  They can push up the middle and have good rushers. 

I do think the o-line is getting better and now that the injury bug is subsiding a bit they have had much more consistant play. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

O Line only ever needed real game reps together, cohesion, the talent has always been there.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

O line was a big concern coming into the season, but so far have played really well. They  actually  had their best game without their best o lineman out last week with mankins out too. Its seems obvious that running the ball has not only protected brady but has slowed down the pass rush and energized the lineman (lineman luv to run block) as well.  Hopefully mcdaniels has learned to stay away from d woodhead rushing attempts he should be used in 3rd and long situations. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

More handoffs = less sack potential ?

GENTLEMEN ...

Time to admit no one can hold a candle to the genius that is tcal2 .

PS - No offense tcal...

Snarky comment was simply meant as a homage to your unmistakable style .

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think the line has played well or at least well enough. I think Rusty should however wait a little while before soiling his pants over a guy like Thomas (he does this, it's kind of a premature ejaculation thing). I think we all knew Solder was the real deal and I was shocked that people actually thought he was going to come out of the gates looking like a seasoned vet. He may still struggle, but this guy has more talent than Light ever did (and Light was a very good player). We all know Vollmer is a outstanding player, it's just a mtter of can his back hold up? It's HUGE question mark. Connolly proved himself last year. 

To me the main questions are this...will Vollmer stay healthy? Is Mankins going to be able to regain pre knee injury form? Will McDonald and Thomas be able to handle the larger nose tackles that are on our schedule? And lastly how long will it take before Solder rounds into form? To me it's still too early to answer any of these questions - so I'm not ready to soil my pants just yet - but there is talent there and great coaching. It doesn't hurt to have a QB that can get rid of the ball quick or have the presence of mind to step up into the pocket. And it also helps that we have some runners that can get out of their own way (unlike last season).  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Can you provide a link to where O'Hara says that? As a fan of the team, I like to read when someone says we have the best __________  _________ (fill in the blank). Especially when it's a position or a claim that is a bit outragious. I'd honestly like to know why the guy thinks this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

For me it's all about how the O Line functions as a unit (includes TEs) and last game they looked great. It seemed like everyone was mashing people. There will always be players that guys on the O Line have difficulty with (Light vs. Freeney), but this line is functioning better as a unit.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I completely disagree. 

Yes, Vollmer is very, very good. But can he be counted on physically. The past 2 years the answer has been no.

Solder is adequate. Improving everyday, and COULD be great once he learns the position.

Connolly is undersized for a guard. He played well against an small Bills team, but really struggled against physical teams. Wendell is in the same boat. Against a physical, big d-line, Wendell is going to be sub par.

Mankins is Mankins. He is going to play when he isn't 100%, and he will play average because he is not 100%. Wen healthy, he is still border line pro bowler, but he is a step to a step and a half lower than his peak years. 

My issue is with the back up players. Thomas did not play well against the Bills. Wile he made some nibloop lays, we was beaten cleanly 4 times. This is unacceptable. I said in camp, Cannon was border line cut from the team. I still believe he has a very long way to go. 

I thought last years oline ranked anywhere from #1 to #3 as a group. I put this years oline at 12-15. The Cards and Ravens exposed this line as undersized. 

My biggest concern against the Broncos is not Manning, it is the Pats oline vs the Broncos speed on the DLine.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I completely disagree. 

Yes, Vollmer is very, very good. But can he be counted on physically. The past 2 years the answer has been no.

Solder is adequate. Improving everyday, and COULD be great once he learns the position.

Connolly is undersized for a guard. He played well against an small Bills team, but really struggled against physical teams. Wendell is in the same boat. Against a physical, big d-line, Wendell is going to be sub par.

Mankins is Mankins. He is going to play when he isn't 100%, and he will play average because he is not 100%. Wen healthy, he is still border line pro bowler, but he is a step to a step and a half lower than his peak years. 

My issue is with the back up players. Thomas did not play well against the Bills. Wile he made some nibloop lays, we was beaten cleanly 4 times. This is unacceptable. I said in camp, Cannon was border line cut from the team. I still believe he has a very long way to go. 

I thought last years oline ranked anywhere from #1 to #3 as a group. I put this years oline at 12-15. The Cards and Ravens exposed this line as undersized. 

My biggest concern against the Broncos is not Manning, it is the Pats oline vs the Broncos speed on the DLine.

[/QUOTE]

Good point about Thomas - I don't know the name of the guy he was face up against, but the DT in that Bufallo game was as pathetic as I've ever seen in a professionall football game. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's not outrageous to say the Pat's O line is among the best in the NFL, even to most "experts" they've been ranked in top 5 for years. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I completely disagree. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course you disagree. You're a Jets fan planted here to pose as a Pats fan. LMAO

Did you just say "Thomas did not play well vs Buffalo"? Did you really just say that?  No wonder you align with the trolls, Parilli, Prolate, Pezzy and Hurlie. You're all the same person here in one variation or another. New to the game, delusional and easily led by the media.

Vollmer is a beast. We know he's been hurt, but hopefully his back surgery has fixed those issues, as they usually do.  That's GOOD NEWS for us Pats fans in 2012 and beyond. Again, I go by what I see and the PRESENT TENSE. Check out, Mr. Delusional.

Connolly is a godsend is consistently playing totally clean games whether at Center or Guard.

Please stop, as you're only embarrassing yourself as this posing NE fan trolling here. The O Line gave Brady a great pocket ALL GAME LONG against Baltimore until the officials took over. NE put up 30 points and it would have been 40 if not for 2 egregiously incorrect calls on Edelman, for starters.

The Cardinals might have the best front line in the NFL and we had backups int he wrong spots in that game with no Vollmer for much of the game.

Your analysis is so continually awful, the board asks you stop this little troll game you play.  Pathetic. Tell us, how is Mark Sanchez looking this year, RKarp?  Did you pick Buffalo last week, too, as ESPN Brushic employee did? LMAO

Pathetic. We get you need a paycheck, but don't bring it on here.

[/QUOTE]

Russ,

can you see anything past the Pats? Because NFL Network said Thomas played well, he did? He was cleanly beaten 4 times. That is unacceptable for an OLman. 

You thought Wendell and Connolly played well against the Ravens? Again, we saw a different game. The Cards game speaks for itself. 

You choose to draw conclusions on the Pats oline against the Bills, I chose the Cards, Ravens, 49'ers, Seahawks, Texans and Broncos.  Lets come back to topic after the Pats play these teams, and see how many hits, pressures and sacks Brady endures, and who gave them up. 

Glass half full, Vollmer if healthy, and Solder will be bookend stud tackles. Mankins will be very good for another 5 years. Pats need another big interior lineman thru the draft. If this team is going to run, and in turn play action, the oline needs to play better than they have, excluding the Bills laugher. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Some of us never doubted them. "We have a shortage of talent" according to some posters here. RKarp, Prolate and Babe must be having a tough time with this one. Oh and that Pezz guy, he thinks we stink too. 

BB the GM builds championship caliber football teams. It starts with the O and D lines. Always has, always will.