Ex Giants O Lineman O'Hara: "NE Has Best O Line"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: Ex Giants O Lineman O'Hara:

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the O-line is vastly underrated . I'm guilty of that as well. Vollmer may be the best right tackle in the game and Soldier will be a star on the left in time. I like Thomas too, where did they get that guy? The line is very well coached too. Like the defense they are improving each week. 

[/QUOTE]

HI RUSTY

[/QUOTE]

• If you think that I'm rusty you are wrong. Is it because I agree with him?  What have I done to you? I'm only here to talk Patriots , not to argue with people. Name calling on the Internet behind the safety of a keyboard isn't my style. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

He thinks  I'm you lol. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Dante always teaches hence the O-linemen are always learning. Wendell has been with the team for 5 years including PS time,as for Thomas he's another Dolphin castoff (they are always giving the Patriots good players)as for Vollmer he played 8 straight games at LT in his rookie year and he demolished every guy he went up against including Freeney.Any defense who thinks they will just dominate this line is mistaken,plus add in the running game and pass protection becomes a lot easier.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Boy Captain you have become mean since coming out of the closet ;) you need to focus on the word effective.  Follow me here because here's where we use the Gray Matter.  More ineffective running would lead to more 3rd and longs thus increasing sack potential since everyone knows a pass is coming.

Here's the money shot.  More running doesn't necessarily lead to fewer sacks.  It's not being forced to throw on 3rd down that does.  This is achieved by effective running setting up 3rd and short situations where the run is still a viable option on 3rd down thus keeping the Defense guessing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You can tell Mt. Hurl doesn't have NFL Network. WHat a shock. Mr. know it all, elder statesman, wold traveler and so well cultured doesn't believe that O'Hara has NE ranked #1 right now.

No, Mt. Hurl, I don't have a link unless it's on NFL Network's site where O'Hara talked about this top 5 YESTERDAY.

2+2 = 5, right, Hurlie?

Unbelievable.  Tony Mazz has him so brainwashed, it's scary. And he's one of many supposed Pats fans.

Baldinger and Sharpe were also raving about Donald Thomas's great blocking as well.  Gee, if I relied on Tony Mazz I would think that Brian Baldinger's opinion was worse than Mazz's.

[/QUOTE]

Why yes!! I DO have the NFL network! It's just that I in all honesty wanted to read the article (thinking it was an article). God you are sooo sensitive...this isn't because you have "friends" that hide on you when walk into public places, is it??

I imagine it goes like this...Rusty walks into the bar with an excel spread sheet of the salary cap projections of all 32 teams (losely gathered information based off of hours of watching the NFL network). Said friends jump behind the bar (upon his entry) and duck. Rusty looks (surveys) the entire bar room (think about the way Chung does that when he covers someone...except it is the complete opposite). He finds them behind the bar..."oh Rusty we were just looking for loose change is all!! No worries friend, we found some! Here's a handfull of nickels...now just walk in that direction while we head in this opposite direction". 

You know that's the way it goes:)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Had a Great workout today, all compound movements... Just saying..

Dante is one of if not the best O-line coach out there. I think we saw a lot of new and moving parts that just needed to get some playing time together to form a cohesive unit. They are getting better each week. Looks like the whole team is coming together. History has shown that its not a good thing to peak early in the season and the Patriots look like they still have a ways to go before they peak. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Boy Captain you have become mean since coming out of the closet ;) you need to focus on the word effective.  Follow me here because here's where we use the Gray Matter.  More ineffective running would lead to more 3rd and longs thus increasing sack potential since everyone knows a pass is coming.

Here's the money shot.  More running doesn't necessarily lead to fewer sacks.  It's not being forced to throw on 3rd down that does.  This is achieved by effective running setting up 3rd and short situations where the run is still a viable option on 3rd down thus keeping the Defense guessing.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, those 3rd and 2's are tough on any defense when they know you can run it for the first down too.  That 4th and 2 against the Colts was an example, it looked like Indy knew the Patriots were not going to run it.

The other point being that having 3rd and 2 is a whole lot better than 3rd and 12.  Sacks and holding penalties are drive killers.

8. This post has been removed.