Exciting post! Forum mods

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Exciting post! Forum mods

Not to stir things up but in know it will, if you could pick a forum poster who you thought would be a good mod here who would you pick? Most forums and chat rooms are self policed, I don't see why this place can't be. Dump the trolls, warn posters who make personal attacks, everything could be beautiful, in its own way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: Exciting post! Forum mods

Rusty.... Babe.... err I'm not good at this

Actually, if I had to pick one it would be MB. He seems the most fair and balanced with no bias truthfully. I would have picked Laz if he stuck around but sadly Laz hasn't been around for a while

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Laz, sadly like other posters here have moved on.  Babe and Rusty took this place over.  You're a moran if you don't agree with them.  Two guys blew this place up.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Why not?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

I vote Rocky or NEGame. There are a lot of other posters who would be good for that as well. I wouldn't be fair at all, I'd ban everyone and then quit

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BostonTrollSpanker. He sees things about as clearly as anybody here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

BTS, Rocky... both good candidates. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

As I have suggested in the past, a great way to self mod a board is to allow the originator of a thread to block/delete posters/posts from "their" thread.

That clears up about 90% of the problems right there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Mods should start by banning Obvious trolls.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

I've thought of this as well.  I like PatsEng's choice of MB.   TFB12 is fair, too. 

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words. 

While I may not agree with everyone and I have my own opinions and have got into long back and forth discussions on a few topics with a few people on here, I believe I am a fair person or at least I sure try to be.  I don't dislike anyone on here, I think there is a lot of good back and forth discussions that go on in here and that's what this place is all about.

However, there is a lot of nonsense that goes on in here, some over the top that really does need to stop in order to keep it a fun place for all instead of driving people away.

I agree, forum members being mods or at the least sharing a mod role with the site mod is really the way to go.  I see it on a lot of the big, popular forums and it works good.  Forum members have a good feel of what goes on in here and who is doing what over long periods of time.  However, I don't see BDC doing this, sadly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

As I have suggested in the past, a great way to self mod a board is to allow the originator of a thread to block/delete posters/posts from "their" thread.

I have not seen this done on any forum I have been on but I really like this idea.  Matter of fact, that is a fantastic idea!

Only problem I could see with this is I think there would be a whole lot more troll threads being made and the trolls really getting out of hand with controlling "their" threads.  BDC would need to start deleting entire threads because of this, something they have not been allowed to do in the past.  They will only delete posts, not threads and that would need to change.  But still, I really like this idea.  Well done!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

SCH81 is about as non-controversial as you can get.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I have not seen this done on any forum I have been on but I really like this idea.  Matter of fact, that is a fantastic idea!

Only problem I could see with this is I think there would be a whole lot more troll threads being made and the trolls really getting out of hand with controlling "their" threads.  BDC would need to start deleting entire threads because of this, something they have not been allowed to do in the past.  They will only delete posts, not threads and that would need to change.  But still, I really like this idea.  Well done!

Trolls can control their thread all they like. But if nobody participates, their control is moot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Mods should start by banning Obvious trolls.

Yep. Start by cleaning it out with the obvious ones and non-Pats fans.   Watch for their new names and then ban and keep banning until they can't apply their tactics. Pretty simple.

Put all Irrationals on warnings. These are the BBWs who think the whole team is just Brady and use this board to defend their own personal image of Brady, with it affecting how the rest of us can talk Pats here.

Most of the dustups are because of that extreme senstivity and Brady being 36 next year.

They have tried to clean you out over a dozen times goofball. Like a bad penny.....

You really just don't get it.... about anything, really.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Trolls can control their thread all they like. But if nobody participates, their control is moot.

You are missing my point.  Trolls will be making way more threads then they do now.  They want attention and if nobody resonds to their threads they will just keep making more and more threads with crazy thread titles just to get us Pats fans to engage in discussion.  This place will be over run with troll threads.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

You are missing my point.  Trolls will be making way more threads then they do now.  They want attention and if nobody resonds to their threads they will just keep making more and more threads with crazy thread titles just to get us Pats fans to engage in discussion.  This place will be over run with troll threads.   

I'm not getting you here. If they make a thread and ban Pats' fans from it, how would that be them getting attention? I would think the opposite is true.

What is stopping them right now from making a zillion offensive threads?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

How about this? If you have been banned more than once, don't come back.

People that have been banned multiple times are being banned for a reason - it's their own fault that they're delusional and don't see that THEY are the elephant in the room. Don't go around blamming trolls or Brady supporters...it's you, plain and simple. Also when they are banned - take a secret little look at how the site is running without them. Not to name names, but there was a three week stretch over the summer when the guy that is always banned was away and the place ran like a sewing machine...people came back, threads went on without fighting, people spoke their oppinions without worrying about being called stupid and being asked if they went to college.

It's simple, if you are banned more than once, don't come back...it's your fault.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

How about this? If you have been banned more than once, don't come back.

People that have been banned multiple times are being banned for a reason - it's their own fault that they're delusional and don't see that THEY are the elephant in the room. Don't go around blamming trolls or Brady supporters...it's you, plain and simple. Also when they are banned - take a secret little look at how the site is running without them. Not to name names, but there was a three week stretch over the summer when the guy that is always banned was away and the place ran like a sewing machine...people came back, threads went on without fighting, people spoke their oppinions without worrying about being called stupid and being asked if they went to college.

It's simple, if you are banned more than once, don't come back...it's your fault.

I nominate me and all i would need is 2 minutes

I would ban Rusty PERMANENTLY with no chance to come back in any way shape or form  ever and I guarantee-110% positive guarantee-that 90% of the trouble goes with him

PLEASE take me up on this as I am more than willing to stand by the results

NO RUSTY= KNOW PEACE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I think the obvious choice would be me- Leon. I don't like the pats at all and that BB got away with murder during Spygate.

I only call them like I see them.For instance the whole NE fan base has Ignored the fact that Gronkowski is heading down the same road as Dennard...or worse.

Id promise to never call of you "my horribly accented neighbors from the North" and the 1st guy that would get banned under Leons watch would be Babe.

You can all thank me later.There would be a few more rules for guys like TFB and Clark Griswald-You would only be allowed to start one thread a week...not 47 daily.

So all those in favor say Aye!

AYE!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

A few more rules that I would have in place.

Responding to a post without reposting the original post would be a new rule.

"Know it Alls" like Clark and Babe would get reprimanded by Leon and then eventually banned

Epic ,long winded posts (you know who you are)wouldn't be allowed.

Everyone must have an Avatar that is neither political or have anything to do with the pats-Sorry TFB-I make the rules

Another rule directed at TFB-you don't have to respond to every thread or post...that goes for u also Babe.

The "patriot way" would never ever be allowed to be printed ever again in light of Dennard being found guilty and Gronkowski doing time in rehab-fair is fair

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I think the obvious choice would be me- Leon. I don't like the pats at all and that BB got away with murder during Spygate.

I only call them like I see them.For instance the whole NE fan base has Ignored the fact that Gronkowski is heading down the same road as Dennard...or worse.

Id promise to never call of you "my horribly accented neighbors from the North" and the 1st guy that would get banned under Leons watch would be Babe.

You can all thank me later.There would be a few more rules for guys like TFB and Clark Griswald-You would only be allowed to start one thread a week...not 47 daily.

So all those in favor say Aye!

AYE!

But LeonHessNewYork/Jersey your time is all taken up taking care of your own.  I'm sure the Sandy victims really appreciate your help and generosity.  But thanks for the offer.