Excuses, reason's why, blame...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Excuses, reason's why, blame...

Seven starters on the injured reserve, two rookie receivers on the IR, the 2nd youngest defense in the NFL, a whole new group of receivers...  

This team over achieved considering the injuries it had to deal with, it is bittersweet getting beat by Payaton and the horses but like BB said in his post game presser I'm proud of this team.  

Without these key injuries this team may have gone undefeated.  Don't tell me it was our talent at position x, the offense, the defense, the coach... they played better, we played worse, there weren't enough flags to have been a factor, it wasn't the number of runs or passes.

I won't be back here until the combine is over, don't jump off the Tobin, chill out, every year 31 teams don't win a ring, every year our Patriots are very close, all the trolls that will inevitably respond on this site aren't worth the effort to respond to, their teams weren't even involved in these playoffs.

This team will be very good next season, you trolls can't say the same.  My only positive thought to leave you with is the NFC team will win the matchup in the Super Bowl, I didn't think we could beat the NFC team but the Broncos won't for sure.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Excuses, reason's why, blame...

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seven starters on the injured reserve, two rookie receivers on the IR, the 2nd youngest defense in the NFL, a whole new group of receivers...  

This team over achieved considering the injuries it had to deal with, it is bittersweet getting beat by Payaton and the horses but like BB said in his post game presser I'm proud of this team.  

Without these key injuries this team may have gone undefeated.  Don't tell me it was our talent at position x, the offense, the defense, the coach... they played better, we played worse, there weren't enough flags to have been a factor, it wasn't the number of runs or passes.

I won't be back here until the combine is over, don't jump off the Tobin, chill out, every year 31 teams don't win a ring, every year our Patriots are very close, all the trolls that will inevitably respond on this site aren't worth the effort to respond to, their teams weren't even involved in these playoffs.

This team will be very good next season, you trolls can't say the same.  My only positive thought to leave you with is the NFC team will win the matchup in the Super Bowl, I didn't think we could beat the NFC team but the Broncos won't for sure.

[/QUOTE]

u need a better GM Woz and the idea u would've been undefeated without the injuries is ridiculous...the rest of what u say is fine even tho u think I am a "troll"...enjoy till the combine

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

BB can't build a good team around Brady. Brady should ask to be traded to a team devoid of the draft busts, bad FAs and street scrubs BB collects and laugh as the Dolphins and Rex school the greatest GM of all-time for the next decade.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Good positive thoughts as always Wozz. Tough way for the season to end. just the lifelessness in the game was sad I wished we made it close all game and lost a tight game.

we deserved to lose today... just over matched by a more talented team. oh well. time to improve through draft, FA and getting guys off IR

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They definitely over achieved - it was a miraculous season.

The rest of teh NFL is celebrating tonight because they think the patriot run is finally over - that the big bad patriots are dead.

Maybe they are.

Or Maybe Kraft will do something about it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

BB can't build a good team around Brady. Brady should ask to be traded to a team devoid of the draft busts, bad FAs and street scrubs BB collects and laugh as the Dolphins and Rex school the greatest GM of all-time for the next decade.

Babe, you're an idiot and Troll !! Move to New Jersey or Miami. We don't want you in Boston. Miami will improve but Phat Rex is lucky to still be employed because the Jets front office is made up of idiots like you.  

I go on Record, pats in 2014-15 14-2 and go to Super Bowl barring more major injuries. 

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from umichfan. Show umichfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

The Broncos were just better today. They had better personnel on the field today. Congratulations to them. They deserved to win. 

Still, I am proud of the Pats and what they achieved this year. I would be glad to fight as hard in my life for the things I want as they have fought all year despite the injuries, losses and setbacks. Bravo New England. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to NYC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Broncos were just better today. They had better personnel on the field today. Congratulations to them. They deserved to win. 

Still, I am proud of the Pats and what they achieved this year. I would be glad to fight as hard in my life for the things I want as they have fought all year despite the injuries, losses and setbacks. Bravo New England. 

[/QUOTE]

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said Wozzy, see you down the road.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Shhhhhh....... Just go away quietly like most of us. The Pats played with what they had and it wasn't enough today.

Like me, just deal with it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Sorry, but a lot of you weren't singing this song before gam time.  There were many "plans" ad "reasons" why we could beat the Broncos, including myself.

We didn't lose because of injuries.  We lost because they were better than us.  BB was outcouched. Fox took Blount out of the game early and it went downhill from there

=

1. the D couldn't mount a pass rush like they did against the Colts, Bills, Ravens;

2. The secondary was mowed over.

3. The offense couldn't fgure out a rhythm until it was too late.  (see above about running game)

4. Belichick's plan failed.  It was clear they were going to do the same thing they did against the Colts and Fox was ready for it.  

Stop it with "IF" the injuries.  BB is not in the locker room telling them: "Hey guys, we got 7 starters injured, so if you lose that's cool."  This is why we aren't coaches but board blabberers........

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

My top 5 Reasons we lost:

1. Broncos were healthier

Homer Excuse/Whine --> Injuries killed both teams, but Denver was only missing 2 of it's 5 best players and 5 of best 15. Pats were missing 3 of 5 best (and then their 4th when Talib was out) so overall 7 of top 15, not to mention another top 12 in jail with no cap help to offset that loss.

**Technically this can be called Bronco's were the better team... haha**

2. Broncos were at home

Homer Excuse/Whine --> Pats were gifted a win vs. Saints by refs (no holding call on winning drive) but had two likely wins stolen in TERRIBLE calls (BS Push during Jets FG, Obvious hold/PI on Gronk in Carolina end zone). Convenient the team was only favored against a club Goodell hates equally or more than NE. Pats should have been 13-3, with those 2 wins and a loss to NO. AFCCG in Foxboro.

3. Welker's dirty play, overall cheapshot gutless moves by WR's.

Homer Excuse/Whine --> Anytime you target someone to specifically injure them you are bordering between unsportsmanlike conduct that goes against the rules of the league and being a terrible human being and subsequently organization. Welker's hit was a totally illegal suicide only thing that matters is smashing him as hard as I can to hurt him, that was the turning point in the game. The other WR's had minor penalties all game, the kinda stuff our '03/'04 CB's did that they made illegal, and all but 1 went uncalled.

4. Brady's inaccuracy and poor offensive play calling

Homer Excuse/Whine --> Combined these two. Couldn't establish the run (with creativity they could have). Blount/Ridley are not the option for 2 points? Again Brady had mediocre targets given to him by his GM...but he totally missed two open guys and left 10 points on the board right there (maybe 14) which was obv the difference in the game. Nitpickers here have found 3-4 more major gaffs but Edelman/Dobson were the biggies.

5. Defense didn't show up with difference making plays.

Homer Excuse/Whine --> Yes the secondary has the Talib excuse and that messed everything up. But where was Jones? No tutnovers forced by guys like Nink and McCourty either. 1-2 sacks and 1-2 turnovers would have made things very interesting. but the D was vanilla and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down all day (despite being totally ROBBED on a nothing holding call when they did force 'em off in what turned into Denver's only TD drive in the 1st half... what a joke that was).

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

It is interesting when a poster puts out facts about how the team did this year, the injuries, young players, they are called "excuses" by trolls.

Imagine if the Pats HAD gotten by Denver and won the SB?  What would the trolls use as excuses as to why the Pats won?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nice post. I am proud of the Pats for overcoming a plethora of injuries and adversity while playing some of the most inspired football I have seen in a while.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

My only positive thought to leave you with is the NFC team will win the matchup in the Super Bowl, I didn't think we could beat the NFC team but the Broncos won't for sure.

Sorry I knew I said I wouldn't be back until after the combine but I thought the Super Bowl was apropos.  Always remember Pat's fans, if there are no injuries to Vince Wilfork, Mayo, Tommy Kelly, Adrian Wilson, Armond Armstead and the rest the Patriots have the best defense in the NFL and as the Seahawks have shown us, once again, defense wins championships.

See you after the combine...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry I knew I said I wouldn't be back until after the combine but I thought the Super Bowl was apropos.  Always remember Pat's fans, if there are no injuries to Vince Wilfork, Mayo, Tommy Kelly, Adrian Wilson, Armond Armstead and the rest the Patriots have the best defense in the NFL and as the Seahawks have shown us, once again, defense wins championships.

[/QUOTE]

LMAO please, wozzy. This is preposterous. They had no pass rush in the playoffs with Wilfork and Mayo last few years so why is it any different? The games they were all together was against 2 rookie qbs and Josh Freeman. Whoopee. Armond "never played an NFL down" Armstead is that much of a difference maker? Reminds me of when you said AJ Francis was a potential stud.

See ya after the combine, bud. Take care.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

My only positive thought to leave you with is the NFC team will win the matchup in the Super Bowl, I didn't think we could beat the NFC team but the Broncos won't for sure.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No doubt Woz. Throw in Mayo, Spikes and Talib in the denver game and our D was a 3rd of what it was to start the year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No doubt Woz. Throw in Mayo, Spikes and Talib in the denver game and our D was a 3rd of what it was to start the year. 

[/QUOTE]

I'll add that I had Seattle and the Pats in the Super Bowl in the preseason, bar injury, that's what would have happened.  The Pats will field a very good team next season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from manningchokes45. Show manningchokes45's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO please, wozzy. This is preposterous. They had no pass rush in the playoffs with Wilfork and Mayo last few years so why is it any different? The games they were all together was against 2 rookie qbs and Josh Freeman. Whoopee. Armond "never played an NFL down" Armstead is that much of a difference maker? Reminds me of when you said AJ Francis was a potential stud.

See ya after the combine, bud. Take care.

[/QUOTE]

Jet Troll BUST-CHISE SPEAKS

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Babe, you're an idiot and Troll !! Move to New Jersey or Miami. We don't want you in Boston. Miami will improve but Phat Rex is lucky to still be employed because the Jets front office is made up of idiots like you.  

I go on Record, pats in 2014-15 14-2 and go to Super Bowl barring more major injuries. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

We aren't winning the SB as long as BB remains GM, moron. I guarantee it. And don't tell me who to root for. I've been a Pats fan for nearly half a century. I just don't guzzle kool-aide like a know nothing fool such as you.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Yep, defense does win championships.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Even if the Pats had suffered no injuries on their defense it simply is not the same caliber as the Seahawks.   It isn't.  To say it is as good is homerism at its worst.

The Pats have lost 4 straight playoff games because their defense was not good enough to cause a single turnover in any of those games.   That didn't happen in the SB years.

Years from now we may find out the entire Seahawks D was jacked up on PEDs, but their performance is off the charts better than the Pats because they bring pressure.

Here's hoping BB drafts defense in the first 3 rounds.