Expectations for playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Re: Expectations for playoffs?

If Vereen and Amendola make it thru the rest of the season......If we have a healthy Tommy Kelly, Aqib Talib and no more major injuries...........If the O line pulls its collective heads out...........If we become the Ridley run 1st play action power O that we can become.......If TB and the young WR's continue to develop chemistry............If Gisele stops abusing TB behind closed doors ( real reason for the constant hair styles and rash of "injuries).......... and if sadly someone puts visine in McD's coffee each and every day until he quits...........

...all of this early adversity and yet we still march on

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

They get in with an 11-5 record. Anything after that is up for grabs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Angel-of-Light. Show Angel-of-Light's posts

The Pats have a ridiculously good record in the second half of the season. They lost only one game in November-December in 2012, 2011, 2010. Credit this to Belichick who can experiment at the beginning of the season but tightens things up in the second half. Only once in the last 12 seasons (2009), have the Patriots had a worse record in the second half of the season than they did in the first.

I expect that the Pats will finish at least 12-4, 3rd seed, will beat SD in the wild card and will play Cincy in the divisional round. AFC championship will come to NE where the Pats will beat up on Colts (new QB, same result). I expect Colts to beat Den in the WC round. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Helmet... As I commented, shades of 2001!!! Low expectations with WONDERFUL results!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm guessing that the Patriots will win the division. Predicting their regular schedule record is awfully difficult to do - not know who's going to be playing or not.  All i know is that the rest of the AFC East teams are worse than the Patriots. 

Going into the playoffs - if the team is healthy, anything can happen. If guys like DA, Collie, Gronk, Hooman, and the WRs can catch some balls and get their rights and timing down with Brady - that would be a good thing.  However, IMO, guys like Kelly, Sopoaga, Talib, Jones, and the rest of the defense have to play big - and will set the tone and direction in the playoffs. No pass rush and no Talib means no Superbowl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Helmet... As I commented, shades of 2001!!! Low expectations with WONDERFUL results!!!

[/QUOTE]

This season has had that feel...........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

12-4, Super bowl Championship!

[/QUOTE]

Ya right - when i said Pats win close game in wildcard round Im HOPING they arent 1 and done. Problem is to win SB Brady would have to play 3 or 4 good games in a row. He hasnt had 2 good playoff games in a row since the 2007 season...

[/QUOTE]

When has the team had 2 good games in a row?  When has the D not given up the lead or tie in the last minute? 

[/QUOTE]

Um, how about this year! They had 4 good games in a row. In answer to your second query, this year again! They have done it 6 times. 

I guess you aren't a fan since you didn't know the Pats have won 6 games this year.

[/QUOTE]

Hes talking PLAYOFF games - Brady has not had 2 good playoff games in a row since 2007 season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

12 - 3 only L vs Denver

2nd seed in AFC

Loose AFCCG vs indy  :(

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Indy is done without Reggie Wayne.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

This is such an incredible grey area to try and guess at.  It's all going to come down to health and can players taking over starting positions and new positions step up?  If Hightower starts to better fill the loss of Mayo, Soap and Kelly spell eachother and shore up the inside of that D line, Talib return and be injury free from here on out, and the offense starts really coming together after the bye (guys getting healthy, healthier, and an extra week of practice) then I think we could go all the way.  Bit of a long shot, but certainly possible. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to Quagmire3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

12-4, Super bowl Championship!

[/QUOTE]

Of course we expect these type of answers from the homers around here.  So for just a minute or tow, stop being a homer and put on your realistic football analyst hat and explain why you think we will go 12-4 and win the Super bowl.

We will only lose 2 more games?  To who?  Super Bowl Champs?  Please explain.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Uncle Rico, there is NOTHING wrong thinking your team can win the SB.  Are you saying Pats fans should lower their expectations and not feel the team could win the SB?  That is the sign of someone who is willing to lose instead of striving for the top.  Since I like to play golf, it is like a golfer who immediately thinks that shot over the water is going into the drink instead of having the positive thoughts one can make the shot.  Just sayin'!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

You know what I was thinking about a couple nights ago?

No . . .  of course you don't . . .  so I'll just tell you:

There are more playoff spots than playoff-calibre teams in both conferences.

Oh . . .   and incidentally, the Broncnos may  not be quite the mirage Kansas City is, but tell me again who they've beaten.

Given the inexplicable ups and downs we've already seen this season, I say get in that tournament any way you can and we'll roll the dice and see what happens.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Given the inexplicable ups and downs we've already seen this season, I say get in that tournament any way you can and we'll roll the dice and see what happens.

[/QUOTE]

true. The teams with the best regular season record don't always make it to the SB.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Uncle Rico, there is NOTHING wrong thinking your team can win the SB.  Are you saying Pats fans should lower their expectations and not feel the team could win the SB?  That is the sign of someone who is willing to lose instead of striving for the top.  Since I like to play golf, it is like a golfer who immediately thinks that shot over the water is going into the drink instead of having the positive thoughts one can make the shot.  Just sayin'!

[/QUOTE]

Are you serious? 

I have been a winner at every sport I have participated in, don't let my silly avatar and screen name fool ya.  As a QB I did lead my HS team to a state championship, that's why I used Uncle Rico because it is so funny considering what he wanted to do, I actually did it. So don't talk about sports psychology with me. 

The problem here is we aren't playing, we have no say in the outcome of the Patriots season.   For people to simply just come on here and say 12-4 and win the Super Bowl is ridiculous.  That is homerism at it's finest, especially considering all the problems with this team.  

I keep reading on here that we are 6-2, 6-2!!  WOW!!  We expect to get to the playoffs so records really don't mean much, do they?  Look at the Giants.  They were 0-6, they could actually still win their division.  How crazy is that?  So don't talk about records to me, talk about talent.  And please, just stop making foolish statements.  Based on what we have witnessed from this team over the last 8 weeks if you really think we are going to win the Super Bowl then you are nuts!  Absolutely nuts and you need a reality check!  We are lucky to be 6-2, we are not a 6-2 team.  Looking at past years are we really a better team?  Heck no!  But if you really think we are going to be Super Bowl Champs then please put your money where you mouth is.  Come on!!  If you are so easily convinced we will win the Super Bowl lets put a wager on it?  Talk is cheap because if people had to actually back it somehow there wouldn't be so many people making these silly claims.

Sure we love our team and we want them to win it all every year, but to say we will this year so matter of factly with all the problems we have, it is homerism at its highest level.

The Patriots have to make huge improvements over the next half of the season to even be considered a Super Bowl contender.