EXPERT: Here's y BRADY is by far the BEST QB this year! agree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

EXPERT: Here's y BRADY is by far the BEST QB this year! agree?

i could not believe my ears this morning when i heard kerry byrne from cold hard football facts talking about how this is the second best statistical year for brady ever.. he has faced the toughest batch of defenses accordg to defensive passer ratings in the HISTORY of football! BRADY has faced the top 5 passer defenses 7 times already. buffalo is #1, jets are second followed by saints, ravens and Carolina. jaguars are #27 so i expect them to get torched on sunday! for perspective, brees, peyton, rivers, big ben and rodgers have COMBINED for SEVEN such opponents between the FIVE of them! peyton and brees play in a freakin dome to boot and have only faced 4 of the top 5 passer defenses between the 2 of them. 

this really pumped me up with optimism for the playoffs and going forward. means also that moss has a legit excuse for struggling a bit. the dude was #1 just 3 weeks ago in WR yards, going against the best of the freakin best all year long. that is great preparation for the playoffs. BRADY is by far the BEST of the BEST in the league this year. WOW! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Re: EXPERT: Here's y BRADY is by far the BEST QB in football this year! agree?

Some of these stats are exagerated. Like the Bills for example, they are terrible against the run. Teams opt to run the ball against their D, because of this their pass yards against drops drastically. Saints, teams are forced to pass all game long because their offense is jumping out to big leads early. When a D knows your going to pass the normally can defend it quite well.

I like the vote of confidence and everything, but good teams win games against good opponents. We seem to beat the teams we are supposed to and fall short against the top teams. We just need to make it to the dance, has kind of been my motto since week 5. Once your their anything can happen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Spetznaz24. Show Spetznaz24's posts

Come on, do you really believe this? We all love Tom Brady but he hasnt had a good year. Too many mistakes and too many turnovers. The offense has lost games for us this year. Too often they go out 3 and out. Last week they score 3 points against the bills in second half. 3 points! He hasnt been a top 5 quarterback this year. Whether its the playcalling, his injury or the lack of personnel, it just hasnt been a good year.   We were expecting much more from this offense.   If you take away the 2 games against he titans and bucs, the offense has averaged 22 points a game.  That is close to what the dolphins average!  Tom Brady + Welker +  Moss vs. Henne, Ginn and Hartline?   You wouldnt expect them to be so close in scoring, would you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I suppose I could say here that you can create or manipulate statistics to support virtually any point you care to make, but I say some version of that just about every day, and you guys probably don't want to hear it anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dshort3333. Show dshort3333's posts

24 touchdowns- 12 ints.  3900 yards coming off a year off with reconstructive knee surgery....so what now?? He doesnt look as accurate and he has been playing with broken ribs and a fractured finger on his throwing hand...so now what??? Moss holds onto a few more balls and Brady has time to throw..we're not even having this conversation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

While I guess you can say so statistically speaking, p'mike has a valid point about statistics.  I'm surprised he doesn't remind us more often :^)

Statistics aside, I say 2006 was Brady's best season.  If you look at how much he did with so little, 2006 gets the nod.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

Moss holds onto a few more balls? how about Brady don't over or under throw him on the deep route then perhaps we won't have this conversation.

Other than not being targeted much of late, Moss has not dropped more balls than he has been. You make it sound like he has been dropping more passes this season.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Pats fan favor Andre Johnson dropped just as many (sorry, but it pains me to hear Pats fan saying how great Andre Johnson is all the time, it is like they wish it is Andre Johnson that is on Pats instead of Moss).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In Response to Re: EXPERT: Here's y BRADY is by far the BEST QB in football this year! agree?:
    [QUOTE]While I guess you can say so statistically speaking, p'mike has a valid point about statistics.  I'm surprised he doesn't remind us more often :^) Statistics aside, I say 2006 was Brady's best season.  If you look at how much he did with so little, 2006 gets the nod.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]
    Statistics show that Prariemike reminds us how useless statistics are 72% of the time, which makes him the #1 ranked anti-statistician on this forum.  However if you compare that to other forums and subtract the boston based forums than it shows that 60% of the time, he is right every time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"If you take away the 2 games against he titans and bucs, the offense has averaged 22 points a game."

This is not a strong argument. It's like when a team says..."Sure he gained 102 yards but if you take away the 90 yard run, we held him to only 12 yards." Somebody had a 90 yard run and you didn't stop him. It wasn't an alien. Somebody scored 59 against the Titans. The same people who have been having problems in other games. But you can't "take it away."

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

"if you take away the 2 games against the titans and bucs, the offense has averaged 22 points per game."

...Yes, and if you take away the 13 games that Peyton Manning has played against teams other than the Patriots, as well as the first 3.5 quarters of the Patriots' game, then Peyton Manning has thrown a touchdown pass on every possession this season.

You can't just cherry pick statistics to suit your argument.  All statistics from all games count the same.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I think that 22pts per game should earn you a win.

Stats can misleading.  I do believe that you can remove those two games to show what the Pats do against real tough competition, playoff type competition.  So the article sounding somewhat downbeat should show some optimism to show that we will not do any worse.

As far as the stat with the WR that one 90yd run could be the end for the opposition.  All it takes is one big play by an individual.  The stat is very different in nature. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kildog. Show kildog's posts

Peyton in a head to head matchup played better than Brady when it mattered.  While Brady was grumping on the sideline, Peyton was looking at polaroids of the Pat's defensive tendencies.  When he went into the game he knew where to throw it and to whom.  Brady is stuck in a rut. 
    Not the best this year.  kildog

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

Re: EXPERT: Here's y BRADY is by far the BEST QB this year! agree?

pats are really underrated in many ways. if u look at the balance they have on both offense and defense in terms of balance, they are #2 in the power index, next to the saints. when u consider the pats have had one of the toughest schedules in the NFL, thats not too bad. the pats defense is surprisingly only 5th in big plays allowed. a big play is defined as a 30 yard pass and a 20 yard rush allowed. also, on offense they rank 12th using the same format! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

Brady looks like an all-pro QB coming back from missing a full season with knee surgery and fighting injuries for the last few games.  He's not playing anywhere near the level he's capable of.  Best QB in the league so far?  Ah no.  Manning, Brees, even Favre are clearly having better years than Brady. 

The question is whether Brady can get healthy and this team can get its act together for the playoffs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Brady is indeed a very good pocket quarterback - altho he has been forcing the ball to Welker and Moss a little too much this year, his accuracy/timing is still off, and he still doesn't read defenses as quickly as Peyton Manning.

In addition, because he is so slow on his feet - it somewhat limits the possbile implementation of WildCat plays....