Exploring: The Drop.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Re: Exploring: The Drop.

In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop.:
    [QUOTE]I'm a Brady fan but even I can admit the pass could have and should have been better.  Still pictures don't tell the whole story.  Go back and watch the several different views in real time video and you can easily see how difficult that catch is to make.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Well put TFB. And really, its over. The crappy pass was almost caught, not dropped. And that one play did not cost them the SB. How about Gronk not being Gronk. Or Brady taking a safety on the very first play. Or his underthrown pass to a coverred hobbled Gronk. Point is, this pic proves nothing except you need to let it go Babe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Should have been caught. We would of won. Period.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Well put TFB. And really, its over. The crappy pass was almost caught, not dropped. And that one play did not cost them the SB. How about Gronk not being Gronk. Or Brady taking a safety on the very first play. Or his underthrown pass to a coverred hobbled Gronk. Point is, this pic proves nothing except you need to let it go Babe.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the two unforgivable, undisciplined penalties committed by the defense negating 2 possibly game-changing plays. It goes both ways, the argument is silly really.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Welker makes that catch in his sleep.

In the first meeting against the Giants the same type of route was ran and Tom threw a terrible pass. Wes made an even harder catch and caught it between his legs.

This one was not a normal awesome Tom Brady throw but it was still a good pass. Rolle and another corner were playing it tight and Tom lofted it to Wes for only him to be able to make the play.

Hes gotta catch that ball. That is what defines whether or not your going to be a champion. Its the little plays.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]I'm a Brady fan but even I can admit the pass could have and should have been better.  Still pictures don't tell the whole story.  Go back and watch the several different views in real time video and you can easily see how difficult that catch is to make.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

Still pictures definitely dont tell the whole story. Watch this video, the entire sequence last less than 4 seconds. The ball is snapped at the 5 second mark and hits the ground before the 9 second mark. In that time Welker beats the defense, gets 20+ yards down field, stops on a dime, leaps fully outstretched while spinning a full 180 degrees and manages to somehow get his hands on the ball. Yup, pretty sure any on us would have had that one...

http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AgWrpbV_JXbqfEHYTP82r1ObvZx4?p=wes+welker+superbowl+drop&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : Still pictures definitely dont tell the whole story. Watch this video, the entire sequence last less than 4 seconds. The ball is snapped at the 5 second mark and hits the ground before the 9 second mark. In that time Welker beats the defense, gets 20+ yards down field, stops on a dime, leaps fully outstretched while spinning a full 180 degrees and manages to somehow get his hands on the ball. Yup, pretty sure any on us would have had that one... http://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=AgWrpbV_JXbqfEHYTP82r1ObvZx4?p=wes+welker+superbowl+drop&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

I could not agree more. People, we lost twice now to the Giants. The Pats just did not come ready to claim the SB. Injuries did not help. Regardless, the Pats lost. Get over it those who continue to harp about the one play....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Seriously, you guys make it seem like WW repeated the Cowboys Jackie Smith dropped SB td pass.  This thread and Wes Welker blame game is ridiculous!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I'd rather explore dropping an anvil on your head for continuing to post about this game.
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Threats of violence are unwelcome. You know, you COULD have just passed by the thread instead of coming and and making a crybaby comment about what other people choose to discuss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Babe - I don't know of anyone that thinks Welker should not have caught that ball, including Welker himself as he has said repeatedly.  But hey, the guy has been clutch for us.  Guys like that are allowed a mistake now and then. Unfortunately, it seems like he is being punished for it now by the powers that be. 
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

I love Welker. He is not diminished in my eyes because of the drop. Even the best make a mistake occasionally. My intent here isn't to slam him at all.

I'm just astonished some people think it wasn't a bad play at the worst time on his part. I wonder how much of that kind of thinking has to do with it being an honest assessment rather than a desire to slam Brady.

I truly wish Tom had hit the next pass to take this stink off Wes (not to mention probably wrap up the Lombardi).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

The Dude choked at the biggest moment on the biggest stage.  Brady better never throw an important pass his way again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : I think that's "we might have won"
    Posted by Bustchise[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but that was the game right there - if he catches it we get the ball deep in their territory with little time remaining. All we would of needed to do was run it a few times and kick a field goal. Game over.

Instead we had to bare witness to our defense not making one single stop on that excruciating Giant's last drive (which was the way you knew it would end when that ball bounced right off Welker's hands).

The truth is, it wasn't all Welker's fault, just like it wasn't all Buckner's fault. It's just that had he caught that thing at that very moment the Super Bowl was ours - he didn't and it's not. I realize he's caught hundreds of balls and will catch hundreds more - I'm rooting for him, but man that one stung. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously though I would be willing to bet that if you took a list of the greatest catches of all time (however you want to define them) you could probably find a single frame that made them look routine or at the very least easier than they actually were.  I think Wes should have caught it, but that image is a bit misleading imo.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Looks like a damned good pass to me going about 30 yards in the air. Tom puts it in there with 3 defenders a stride away from Wes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

Those are 3 mighty long strides...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Exploring: The Drop.:
    [QUOTE]How in hell do you not catch this ball?
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

TB didn't make the greatest pass on that play. Remember?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Instead we had to bare witness to our defense not making one single stop on that excruciating Giant's last drive (which was the way you knew it would end when that ball bounced right off Welker's hands).
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

C'mon, that mickey mouse D only allowed Eli to hit on 5 of 6 passes for about 15 yards a pop with the Lombardi on the line. What fan wouldn't be proud of a D like that?

Seriously, how pathetic was it? The Giants never even faced a 3rd down the entire 88 yard drive. You just don't get owned over and over any worse than that.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : C'mon, that mickey mouse D only allowed Eli to hit on 5 of 6 passes for about 15 yards a pop with the Lombardi on the line. What fan wouldn't be proud of a D like that? Seriously, how pathetic was it? The Giants never even faced a 3rd down the entire 88 yard drive. You just don't get owned over and over any worse than that.

you must be buddies with Jintsfan

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Those are 3 mighty long strides...
    Posted by MattC05[/QUOTE]

The pic looks like defenders are 3-4 yards away. You think an NFL DB has a 36" stride at a full run?

A guy running a 4.5 40 covers almost 9 yards a second. At full speed they cover 3 yards in a fraction of a second. Tom passed the ball very well there. Welker botched it by turning around completely and leaping rather than just continuing to run and turning to the other shoulder. It would have hit him in stride around the 20 yard line.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I'm a Wes Welker fan but that my friends was a dropped ball. No explaination necessary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Exploring: The Drop. : TB didn't make the greatest pass on that play. Remember?
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

The pass was fine. Welker misplayed it. Then he dropped it even though it hit him right in both hands. Poor guy. Poor us.

Sorry to have to expose your Brady bashing so blatantly. Well, not really.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. :  Sorry to have to expose your Brady bashing so blatantly. Well, not really.

I love TB, but I also will call it as I see it. TB is great but he even has bad days. He had two bad games against the Jints last year.

The WRs can't always bail him out, that pass to WW was not accurate. It was designed to be caught in stride and get YAC, but TB threw it tooooooooooooooo high.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Exploring: The Drop. : I love TB, but I also will call it as I see it. TB is great but he even has bad days. He had two bad games against the Jints last year. The WRs can't always bail him out, that pass to WW was not accurate. It was designed to be caught in stride and get YAC, but TB threw it tooooooooooooooo high.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

Spare us your phoney TB love. The simple fact you call his 100 PR in that game (despite a bunch of drops and no Gronk)  before the hail mary drive a "bad game" shows you either are completely FOS when you say you love TB or you are clueless.

Try watching the animation again and see Wes turn completely around and backpeddle a step then leap instead of just running and turning the other shoulder. He botched a good pass placed well within 3 defenders.

And even if he didn't... A DECENT PRO WR CATCHES THE BALL HITTING HIM SQUARELY IN BOTH HANDS.

What was his other "bad game" against the Giants? Oh yeah, you mean the one where he passed for the go ahead points with 1:36 left only to watch the D give up another TD in the endagame? That game?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

There is virtually 'no value' in the word 'IF'. But IF Wes was 6 ft tall and if better springs in his legs the ball hits him just about above the numbers.....Perhaps a healthy Gronk 'would have' been the first read.

Afterall remember ELI also had a Game changing drop in SB42 ....by Assante. Huh?
    With all the misfortunes in that game, A lame Gronk was it.

Wish you all good health