failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl

the last time bill belichick got this much negativity from the press to every newpaper,and news outlets from all over the country,from many debates from current and ex players,and coaches was in 2007 with the spygate garbage.and if i remember right.the whole team got fired up over it,and stated that they are 100 percent behind there coach.and i really think they will be rallying behind him now.they went undefeated that year,and into the superbowl.no they cant go undefeated this year,but could run the table the rest of the way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion equals a trip to the super bowl

but of coruse, it didn't fail:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aj9zy_eL.e.VApHQh5R2unJDubYF?slug=dw-belichickpats111609&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking99. Show Harleyroadking99's posts

Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion equals a trip to the super bowl

I with ya Mosse and I hope you're right. This will be a galvanizing game and no-one and I mean no-one wants to play the Pats. We may have lost to Indy but alot of good came out of it. Go Pats.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl

Great out look!and it makes a lot of sense.beware teams for the pats are gonna prove that BB does make the right decisions.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl

It's interesting to see the sequence of reaction to this monumental event!!! The Patriot fan base was pi**ed The media outraged!, Tedi and Rodney --the worst decision the coach ever made (isn't it disgusting to see these two sucking up to ESPN and Dungy) Colts defense whining they were disrespected on the front page of USA today. Now the Patriots fan base is having a change of heart -see TP's We've got your back Bill- It's like family it's OK if we criticze but you had better not!  At least Tom Jackson hasn't said "he's lost the team.

You are right Moss, this will be a rallying point and I'm sure the fans will give him and the team a standing ovation on Sunday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

You'll never see the media, the NFL or the Pats haters admit that the game was won by the Colts on 2 bogus calls. The bogus pass interference call in the previous Colts drive was a signal that if we gave the ball back via a punt the refs would have called whatever was needed to get the Colts back down the field.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

NEGAME :" Tedi and Rodney --the worst decision the coach ever made (isn't it disgusting to see these two sucking up to ESPN and Dungy) Colts defense whining they were disrespected on the front page of USA today"

I bet Rodney and Tedi wish they can take it back.  What's very redeeming is that a lot of the ex-coachs are standing by BB while all the idiot pundits that never played a down in their lifes are the ones criticizing.  Gruden, Martz etc supported BB while Who-cares-Curruci and Peter King of Queens vehemently attacked BB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

couldnt agree more, said almost the exact same thing in my thread yesterday bro:

"in my personal opinion i think this game will have a galvanizing effect and the vets will rally the team around their coach for all the heat he is taking. the pats have always played best with some kinda attitude and chip on their shoulder, and if i know the pats they wont wilt at all because of this loss, if anything it will be that spark that really sets them off...i havent fogotten the last time they rallied around their coach, you know back in 2007? just watch, mark my words, they are gonna roll over teams now with a vengeance...the poor jets will suffer the brunt of their fury this weekend, but peyton and company better not get comfy come playoff time...even if they have home field, and they know it, they dont wanna see the pats again..."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

In Response to Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl:
    [QUOTE] You'll never see the media, the NFL or the Pats haters admit that the game was won by the Colts on 2 bogus calls. The bogus pass interference call in the previous Colts drive was a signal that if we gave the ball back via a punt the refs would have called whatever was needed to get the Colts back down the field.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

Evil, I've been saying that all along.  BB knew that the refs are all of a sudden calling PIs on the Pats.... he didn't want to have to face the colts O AND the refs at the end of the game.  All manning had to do was throw the ball downfield and he'd be guaranteed the yardage by the refs.  BB scouts refs prior to games and he knows the penalty stats that another guy posted... he knew the odds are in Indy's favor to get a PI

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

I agree - this could be the galvanizing issue for us in the second half of the season. Jets game will tell us how we respond.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

In Response to Re: failed 4th and 2 conversion and the negative responses equals a trip to the super bowl:
    [QUOTE]I agree - this could be the galvanizing issue for us in the second half of the season. Jets game will tell us how we respond.
    Posted by PatFanInBA2[/QUOTE]

Lots of galvanizing going on - everyone is galvanized. You have to be honest -it was a gamble, BB rolled the dice. The defense is young and at that moment he did not  trust them as much as his quarterback. IMHO the question guys will ask is did he get caught up in the moment (see R Ryan crying) or did he think it through and try to win the game? I believe he thought it through and decided he did not want to see a "hot Peyton" with the ball. Right or wrong he was trying to win the game. The players know that and so I am not sure it is that much different than any really tough loss. Two days later the guys practice, hit something, and the Jets say something stupid and we move on. A good hard loss can help, no doubt. I think Mosseffect is correct, but I am not sure things are torn apart such that galvanizing is important. We lost a tough tough one - the guys know that - they will move on and be better for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Who cares. It's done and over with. Bad call, good call, it doesn't matter now. What matters is preparing for a Jets team that is desperate, and winning our division. It's going to be a near impossible task to gain any homefield advantage over Indy, but the only thing we need to focus on now is winning our division with the best record possible. Lets smoke the Jets.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares. It's done and over with. Bad call, good call, it doesn't matter now. What matters is preparing for a Jets team that is desperate, and winning our division. It's going to be a near impossible task to gain any homefield advantage over Indy, but the only thing we need to focus on now is winning our division with the best record possible. Lets smoke the Jets.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE] I really dont think having home feild,or not will be that much of a problem,or not for the pats.other then the crowd noise on the road the pats did show they can light up the score board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

I really do think the pats will blow out the jets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree.it all begins with the jets.if you think rex cried on his media day.wait until what happens after sunday.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

[QUOTE] You'll never see the media, the NFL or the Pats haters admit that the game was won by the Colts on 2 bogus calls. Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]

That's because the game was lost when the call was made to pass on 3rd down, stopping the clock.

All the rest is noise.

As for the media hype, you get that when you're the best. I get it all the time with the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vladtheimpaler1. Show Vladtheimpaler1's posts

the yankees are a team that buys a championship.they blow all this big money on great players.where is the true sportsmanship in that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

[QUOTE]the yankees are a team that buys a championship.they blow all this big money on great players.where is the true sportsmanship in that?
    Posted by Vladtheimpaler1[/QUOTE]

LOL, if you guys didn't diss Boris you would have gotten Texiera.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

is it possible that indy could drop 4 games?and if the pats were to run the table the rest of the season...hmm

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/schedules/2009/indianapolis-colts/index.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Nice call everyone!  Hence my "best thing that happened" thread!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

yes they are similar.when did you post yours?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

The pats D also showed they can once again give up points in bunches in the 4th quarter. 2 79 yard drives in the 4th quarter.