FAIRWEATHER FAN ALERT! THIS IS NOT A TRUE FAN...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

FAIRWEATHER FAN ALERT! THIS IS NOT A TRUE FAN...

joecool99 wrote:
    They had the same problems last year and didn't address them, in fact, i think the defense is even worst this year - the offense has been average at best this year - a average offense and the worst defense in the league and a team that can't compete on the road - pretty much tells ya the patriots are going nowhere - and for those who even have some faint hope that the defense will get better as the year goe on - i think it will be quite the opposite - a bad defense getting worse each week - and without any play makers on defense means pretty much you'll never win on the road. Now there might be some hope that they'll use their draft picks wisely but in the last 5 years they've had 50 draft picks and have nothing to really show for it

and i remember when brady had few weapons but he made things happen - now he has all sort of play makers - and no magic

so it looks like we have the san francisco blues - the best days are behind us - if you can't pick good players in the draft you can have all the picks in the world and it won't matter - lets face it most of the players on defense are second stringers and would even start for most teams and we are more at buffalo's level than at a top team level - we are what we are a bad team

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Re: FAIRWEATHER FAN ALERT! THIS IS NOT A TRUE FAN...

If others can post similar thoughts this discussion can be a gold mine. It was absolutely hilarious to see how many fans jumped ship when they were down by 7 points. Such tools. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It totally was. People were saying "when do the Bruins start?". 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

35 points in the second half, Check.
    Special teams contributing, check.
    Defense stepped up big time, check.
    Phins fans having nightmares monday night, check.

I think we're good. Laughing

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

this post is pointless!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

Pointless post yes!!  Great game yes!  Wondeful special team play yes!  Timley interceptions yes!  The first two and half games of lousy defensive play, followed by lousy defensive play all last year, yes!   Am I being a troll, maybe.  If this team is going to be a true contender the defense need to consistently stop people.

I am sorry I AM a TRUE fan.  I have followed this team since 1960., duing the good times and the bad.  So don't tell me I am not a true fan, just because I am pointing out frustrations.  Brady only has only so many years left, playing on a questionable knee.  I sometimes wonder why this team doesn't optomize the players on both sides of the ball while Brady is here to give the team the best chance of winning now, and while he is under contract.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

It certainly isn't pointless. An entire post was competely crapping on this team last night when they were down by 1 point at the half. Everyone was complaining and there wasn't one mention of either of Ninkovich's interceptions. It's perfectly fine to be frustrated, but people were actually enjoying ripping this team. It was sickening.

Hoier, I'm not saying you aren't a true fan but some 'fans' were just delighted that they were down early last night. I'm sure those same people are back on the bandwagon now. My point is that they don't need to be here.

If joecool wants to stake the Pats season in the heart, he can do it on another site. All I know is that I'll be supportive even when they are struggling, and I'm frustrated to see pink hats like joecool pretend to be fans when times are good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Everybody contributes as  long as they are honest and responsible in what they say, positive or negative. Sometimes, I get sick of some posters unrealistic "overly positive" predictions just as much as I might a troll. A balance of honest, thougtful critiques is what makes the board interesting.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to Re: FAIRWEATHER FAN ALERT! THIS IS NOT A TRUE FAN...:
    [QUOTE]It certainly isn't pointless. An entire post was competely crapping on this team last night when they were down by 1 point at the half. Everyone was complaining and there wasn't one mention of either of Ninkovich's interceptions. It's perfectly fine to be frustrated, but people were actually enjoying ripping this team. It was sickening. Hoier, I'm not saying you aren't a true fan but some 'fans' were just delighted that they were down early last night. I'm sure those same people are back on the bandwagon now. My point is that they don't need to be here. If joecool wants to stake the Pats season in the heart, he can do it on another site. All I know is that I'll be supportive even when they are struggling, and I'm frustrated to see pink hats like joecool pretend to be fans when times are good.
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Didn't you open this thread with a post whining about the 'magic' being gone and the team being on the decline. And then you complain about pink hats and bandwagon fans? Did you think the tean could stay at the top forever without having down years?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

I'm not a bandwagon fan..........been a fan longer than some on this board.....I appreciate the enthusiasm after this big win on road. There are still some concerns with this team that can only be truly judged over the next few games. Let's not lift them so quickly to the next level just yet.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]Pointless post yes!!  Great game yes!  Wondeful special team play yes!  Timley interceptions yes!  The first two and half games of lousy defensive play, followed by lousy defensive play all last year, yes!   Am I being a troll, maybe.  If this team is going to be a true contender the defense need to consistently stop people. I am sorry I AM a TRUE fan.  I have followed this team since 1960., duing the good times and the bad.  So don't tell me I am not a true fan, just because I am pointing out frustrations.  Brady only has only so many years left, playing on a questionable knee.  I sometimes wonder why this team doesn't optomize the players on both sides of the ball while Brady is here to give the team the best chance of winning now, and while he is under contract.
    Posted by Hoier[/QUOTE]

There's frustration and then there's comparing the Pats to be more like the Bills.  You can post about not understanding why the Pats haven't optained a high level pass rushing OLB and then there's saying that the Pats defense is a bunch of 2nd stringers that would not play on other teams defense.  There's never any mention of Ty Warren and Bodden being out for the year both of which are anchors of this defense.  Youngsters are plugged in and folks expect an all world defense.  Very unrealistic. 

murghkor is another one who posts negative things all the time.  No light in his world.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

No that was someone else's post einstein.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: FAIRWEATHER FAN ALERT! THIS IS NOT A TRUE FAN... : Didn't you open this thread with a post whining about the 'magic' being gone and the team being on the decline. And then you complain about pink hats and bandwagon fans? Did you think the tean could stay at the top forever without having down years?
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]