Fakegate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Fakegate

To me it's worse than Spygate. NFL needs to do soimething about this ASAP. It is on field cheating during a game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/21/no-punishment-for-monday-night-fakeball/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: Fakegate

In Response to Fakegate:
    [QUOTE]To me it's worse than Spygate. NFL needs to do soimething about this ASAP. It is on field cheating during a game. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/21/no-punishment-for-monday-night-fakeball/
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    Imagine if the Pats were the ones caught doing it!!!!  We'd never hear the end of it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Fakegate:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Fakegate : Imagine if the Pats were the ones caught doing it!!!!  We'd never hear the end of it.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Ummmm . . .

The Pats -- particularly Willie McGinest (if I'm not mistaken) -- are famous for this exact thing.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Ummmm . . . The Pats -- particularly Willie McGinest (if I'm not mistaken) -- are famous for this exact thing.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]
    Not to the extent we saw Sunday around the league and that was YEARS ago!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Lots of teams have done this in the past.  When the Bills sort of pioneered the "hurry up" in the early 90's it was very common.

As to it being cheating, well actually it is not.  It is bush league but there are no real rules against faking an injury.  If it were against the rules, then it would be the officials fault if it were not called. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

It's annoying.  The fact is....NO ONE knows how much the Patriots were helped by video taping the opponents' defensive calls.  But the other fact is: EVERYONE knew they were doing it.  So, common logic would suggest that if the opponent knows that the Patriots are doing it, they would change their calls regularly to negate it.  Therefore, you wouldn't think that it did a lot of good to the Patriots (what...maybe one or two plays a game...if at all!).  Now, the Pats wouldn't have done it if it didn't supply ANY information.  But, even a little bit would be enough for Belichick to have done it because he values ANY information.

All that said, I can't imagine that it's worse than the 49ers fudging the salary cap.  You fudge the salary cap to fit another player on the roster is MAJOR cheating.  And you would think that it could be quantified.  We're talking about an ACTUAL player on the roster as opposed to NOT being on the roster.

As for the Giants....it doesn't surprise me that players (from any team) are doing it.  With the lack of offseason conditioning, etc., some offenses would be better served going to a no huddle....the Pats have used it with great success.  It's obvious that the defenses are getting gassed trying to defend it.  But, Goodell needs to come down hard.  Someone made the suggestion of "if someone goes down to an injury (fake or not), they shall not be allowed to return to the game until the following series".  That seems pretty fair to me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickforPresident. Show BelichickforPresident's posts

Seems to me evidence that an aggressive coach wants to win and will take every strategic advantage he can.  Not pretty, but the fact.  Winning means more than mere stats.  It means more money for winning organizations, for one.  With big bucks at stake, you can't expect teams and coaches to police themselves.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The NFL league office has just issued a league wide memo on the subject and the faking of injuries too delay the game according to this memo will be dealt with by suspensions and the possible loss of draft choices! Yikes!!! I wouldn't want to be a team facing the Patriots no huddle,injury you better have one or your draft choices can be taken away....So not only will you get hammered on the scoreboard but you will lose a potential player in the draft.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]It's annoying.  The fact is....NO ONE knows how much the Patriots were helped by video taping the opponents' defensive calls.  But the other fact is: EVERYONE knew they were doing it.  So, common logic would suggest that if the opponent knows that the Patriots are doing it, they would change their calls regularly to negate it.  Therefore, you wouldn't think that it did a lot of good to the Patriots (what...maybe one or two plays a game...if at all!).  Now, the Pats wouldn't have done it if it didn't supply ANY information.  But, even a little bit would be enough for Belichick to have done it because he values ANY information. All that said, I can't imagine that it's worse than the 49ers fudging the salary cap.  You fudge the salary cap to fit another player on the roster is MAJOR cheating.  And you would think that it could be quantified.  We're talking about an ACTUAL player on the roster as opposed to NOT being on the roster. As for the Giants....it doesn't surprise me that players (from any team) are doing it.  With the lack of offseason conditioning, etc., some offenses would be better served going to a no huddle....the Pats have used it with great success.  It's obvious that the defenses are getting gassed trying to defend it.  But, Goodell needs to come down hard.  Someone made the suggestion of "if someone goes down to an injury (fake or not), they shall not be allowed to return to the game until the following series".  That seems pretty fair to me.
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]

One of the Pats coaches (who was not named in the writeup)was interviewed after the Jets turned them in and he said they didn't do it to get info. They did it to make their opponents change their calls on a regular basis. The thought was it might cause someone to get confused with a previous weeks calls and mess up on a play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ddimaria. Show ddimaria's posts

The simple answer for this would be to make any player needing medical attention sit for the next X amount of snaps. Four snaps? Six Snaps? Something to deter the defense from using this tactic might be the answer. 

Thoughts?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : One of the Pats coaches (who was not named in the writeup)was interviewed after the Jets turned them in and he said they didn't do it to get info. They did it to make their opponents change their calls on a regular basis. The thought was it might cause someone to get confused with a previous weeks calls and mess up on a play.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Never let the facts get in the way of a good scandal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Ummmm . . . The Pats -- particularly Willie McGinest (if I'm not mistaken) -- are famous for this exact thing.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Let there be no doubt.  This is huge.  The NFL will be looking at this and will take a win away from the violator!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]There is almost no way to enforce the rule. How is a ref going to know someone is faking it? How can they prove that? And if people keep b*tching like little girls about it they will change the rules and the game yet again and make it worse yet again. You give them a window to change the game and they will rip out the window lol. They have gone from changes rules from time to time to doing it every offseason and its a trend I dont like. We dont need to change the rules every year. People do what they have to in games to stop the no huddle, its not new and its not rally something to b*tch about so IMO people should just move on.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

You don't NEED to know if the player is faking or not.  You just implement the rule.  If a player is injured seriously....they're not coming back.  If it's just a cramp, or a guy gets his bell rung or something...then sitting out for a series wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.  But making a player sit out for a series would stop players from faking....or at least it would make him think twice about doing it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from verrildd. Show verrildd's posts

I think anyone receiving medical attention have to sit until the next series (i.e., until posession changes 2 times), not a given number of snaps.  Of course, they'll start throwing in scrubs to fake injuries to get around that, but there's only so much you can do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : Never let the facts get in the way of a good scandal.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

The Commisioners office destroyed the evidence and then dished out the largest fine and harshest penalty in league history.  Those are facts.  Whatever they found was a big deal.

It speaks to the guilty conscience and insecurity of Pats fans that a discussion about faking injuries turns into a defense (against no attack) of the Patriots cheating scandal. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]There is almost no way to enforce the rule. How is a ref going to know someone is faking it? How can they prove that? And if people keep b*tching like little girls about it they will change the rules and the game yet again and make it worse yet again. You give them a window to change the game and they will rip out the window lol. They have gone from changes rules from time to time to doing it every offseason and its a trend I dont like. We dont need to change the rules every year. People do what they have to in games to stop the no huddle, its not new and its not rally something to b*tch about so IMO people should just move on.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Really simple. The injured player can't return until there is a change of possession. You still get the injury timeout, but you pay for it. Or maybe ten plays or something like that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

Fakegate (GIANTS), Footgate (Courtesy of FATREX), Tripgate (YETS), Spygate (PAT). What's next

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

King you know that all of the quasi jets fans are tools and trying to explain why the punishment didn't fit the crime element to these tools is like trying to tell your children that eating candy will rot your teeth,they simply don't listen and continue eating their candy!!! you could have told them that the great Joe Namath (one of their own icons) even said that it had been going on for decades and that all of the NYJ teams he played on utilized some sort of sign stealing element,but hey I digress. If you think reminding the tools who have no knowledge is going to help them learn then knock yourself out...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I heard the league sent out a memo.  For your guys sake, I hope that Belichick got it and that someone explained it to him so that he couldn't misinterpret it.  He's been involved with this fake injury thing before, you know. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]I heard the league sent out a memo.  For your guys sake, I hope that Belichick got it and that someone explained it to him so that he couldn't misinterpret it.  He's been involved with this fake injury thing before, you know. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Now you ARE just being a troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fakegate : UUmm, what?  What is your IQ?  6? Do you know why he destroyed the evidence and the stuff Matt Walsh showed us showed Goodell the same material, except we likley saw Walsh's material chosen by Goodell? Are you smart enough to put that together, professor? How about we saw Denver get off for a slap on the wrist for two deceitful salary cap seasons in 1997 and 1998, where they mysteriously signed every top flight FA they needed to help their team over a 16 game season. And then we hear all former NFL coaches support BB and now start to see it was in fact what many thought all along: A personal feud between two teams gone haywire and the media pressuring Goodell to act. This means we have a "guilty conscience"?  Get to class much? It means we are ticked off for Goodell not understanding his own rules and letting the media dictate a punishment. That's what it means. Read it and weep, tool: 12/3/10 98.5 Sports Radio Bill Cowher:  " You know, let me just say this:   To answer your question about if it's "cheating", no, I don’t think so. I just know as a head coach, you are always looking for a competitive edge. We had people out there trying to look at signals. We had guys go to games. They would tape the signal caller and also write it down. They would take it back and match up the signals with the game film and certain defenses with certain plays that were being called, particularly the defenses being called, to see if we could come up with some kind of an alert for a signal.   So, what they did with videotaping the signal caller, people do it with the people in the stands!!     These people sitting there in the stands, looking at the signal, writing it down and matching up the 1 st and 10 signal. Ok? Then you go back again and the 2 nd and 10 and here’s the signal. You do that for a whole game.   You then go back and match up the defenses with the signal.   And you can come up with what the signal was. So, you don;’t need a video tape with what they were talking about doing. And people were doing it. WE were doing that.   Everybody does that. You’re TRYING to gain a   competitive edge. There is nothing wrong with that.   That’s why baseball players go through the mirage of signals. They’ve got all these different codes. That’s part of the competitive spirit of the game. I think it’s totally overblown.   I think if   you get caught (signals compromised), then do what we did and go to wristbands, you are worried about it.   We started putting defenses on wristbands. Then you find a way to not get caught (signals compromised).   When your good at something and people try steal from ya, I think it’s flattering."
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you are clearly not sensitive to the insinuation that Pats fans are overly sensitive about Spygate.  LOL!!

It was the media's fault.... OK.  Really you make my point for me.  Look at the difference in penalties for the 98 Broncos and the Spygate Pats.  Clearly the league thought whatever the Patriots did was far more severe.  Or it was just the media and everyone is out to get the Pats, in which case we can add a persecution complex to your insecurity complex.

What do the Patriots and Tiger Woods have in common?

They both haven't won since they got caught cheating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

The faking team should lose a first round draft choice and be fined 500,000.00

25. This post has been removed.