Falcons Will Not Trade Gonzo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Falcons Will Not Trade Gonzo

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/402937-falcons-will-not-trade-tony-gonzalez?eref=fromSI

But it sure would be nice - and helpful for the Patriots.  Can you imagine having both Gronk and Gonzo on the field at the same time?

Dunno if BB can add depth along OL and DL before trading deadline

I know there have been several threads about Gonzo already. sorry about that.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Falcons Will Not Trade Gonzo

In response to Patsfansince1966's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One can harp about the Pats getting some past his prime receiver all they want: ask yourself how getting B. Lloyd worked out.

[/QUOTE]

You're comparing Gonzo to Lloyd?  Wow...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

One can harp about the Pats getting some past his prime receiver all they want: ask yourself how getting B. Lloyd worked out.

[/QUOTE]

This past his prime receiver is the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL behind Miller, Gates, and Daniels.  Oh, and he's still putting up numbers in the clutch.  AND he's in better shape than most TEs 10 years younger.

Regardless, my guess is he will want to finish with KC.  And might request to do so with a pay cut.  I'm not his buddy, but my best friend works out with him in the offseason in SoCal and tells me Gonzo just wants to retire with the best shot possible at wining something.  He's pretty down about the situation in ATL but doesn't blame the team; the injuries are just bad luck.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

But but but, BB is a brilliant man for saving his cap room.

This deal is a lock.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

I was at the Pats game in Atlanta and agree that Gonzo is still a beast.

However, we are 5-1 and our new receivers are getting a lot more looks than they would if Gronk was playing.

If anything, we need to pick up some more D to backfill for all our injuries.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This past his prime receiver is the 4th highest paid TE in the NFL behind Miller, Gates, and Daniels.  Oh, and he's still putting up numbers in the clutch.  AND he's in better shape than most TEs 10 years younger.

Regardless, my guess is he will want to finish with KC.  And might request to do so with a pay cut.  I'm not his buddy, but my best friend works out with him in the offseason in SoCal and tells me Gonzo just wants to retire with the best shot possible at wining something.  He's pretty down about the situation in ATL but doesn't blame the team; the injuries are just bad luck.

[/QUOTE]

So now highest paid correlates with current ability?

[/QUOTE]

Hmmm....5 games 339 yds with 3 TDs.  8th in NFL for TEs - esp. considering he wasn't Ryan's primary target until 2 weeks ago).  Last season he caught for 930 yds and his "old" body didn't miss a game.

If he were on the Patriots, it would put him #2 in yards gained behind Edelman.  If BB wants to go back to 2 TE looks, that's the guy who has: a) the experience b) the motivation, and c) the talent.

Yes, the O will get better as the weeks go along, but with the D missing it's 2 MVPs for the season, the more offense the better.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Why would you give up anything for a guy that will be ritiring after this season--what would you give up for this guy and for half a season--move on!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Hmmm....5 games 339 yds with 3 TDs.  8th in NFL for TEs - esp. considering he wasn't Ryan's primary target until 2 weeks ago).  Last season he caught for 930 yds and his "old" body didn't miss a game.

If he were on the Patriots, it would put him #2 in yards gained behind Edelman.  If BB wants to go back to 2 TE looks, that's the guy who has: a) the experience b) the motivation, and c) the talent.

Yes, the O will get better as the weeks go along, but with the D missing it's 2 MVPs for the season, the more offense the better.

[/QUOTE]

not really looking for a long term deal for Gonzo, more like a one year rental for like a 6th rounder; which would never happen....lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

Can you imaging Gronk and Gonzo not being on the field at the same time?  I can.

Idiot.

[/QUOTE]

No I can't imaging it but I can imagine it.

Idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're comparing Gonzo to Lloyd?  Wow...

[/QUOTE]

Aren't both guys (Gonsales and Lloyd) players that the fans on this board wanted the Pats to get?  So then they do compare.

[/QUOTE]

Gonsales - who is he? Do you even think before you spew your negative garbage?

Idiot

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This deal is a lock.

[/QUOTE]

You're a deal to be locked up in a rubber room.

[/QUOTE]

Nice contribution.

Idiot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrew1218. Show andrew1218's posts

In response to Section136's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This deal is a lock.

[/QUOTE]

You're a deal to be locked up in a rubber room.

[/QUOTE]

Nice contribution.

Idiot

[/QUOTE]

Patsfansince1966 - what rock did this guy climb out from under? Has he posted a single thing of value on this forum? All he does is make obnoxious comments and name calling. Grow up Patsfansince1966 - your acting like a jerk.  Foot in Mouth