FAN BASE PULSE : How Far Will Pats Get In Playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

FAN BASE PULSE : How Far Will Pats Get In Playoffs?

Personally , I've been consistantly downgrading my own Boston.Com Pats Super Bowl Meter since the Saints debacle .

That said , I'm curious to see what other hard core Pats fans are thinkin' .

ANY KOOL~AID DRINKERS* LEFT ?
                                                                 * - Most overused sports phrase of '09 

NOTE : Best to take solice in the fact that BB seems to do his finest coaching when the consensus is "Pats R Done "

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: FAN BASE PULSE : How far Will Pats Get In Playoffs?

When we run the ball, play action pass and play ball control offense we are the best team in the league.  Our defense can tee off on opposing offenses... we beat every team we played this year for the first half of football.  The playoffs are different and we have three healthy workhorse runningbacks, I like our chances.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

I only like our chances if we morf into SMASHMOUTH !
       WE NEED TO KEEP OUR D"S REPS TO A MINIMUM.
     Fred Taylor @ Left end ... Sammy Morris up the gut .... Kevin Faulk on Shotgun draw... Play action deep to Moss ... Flanker screen to to Edelman ... Quick hitter up the seem to Watson ....Flea Flicker to Troy Brown deep corner ....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregRod87. Show GregRod87's posts

I am not so concerned about our offense. I think Brady needs to spread the ball and stop looking for Moss on the deep route as much.  If the Ravens double Moss and blitz as they have done in the past...then the Pats need to exploit that...

Our Defense, get the DB's on the same page for 60 mins. The Pats gave 6 points to the Texans on that blown coverage with Mayo...but there was not a DB behind Mayo...the TE walked into the endzone. How many times have the DB's blown coverage? Do that with Flacco playing and the Pats are One and Done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adco1212. Show adco1212's posts

even w/ Welker, we most likely would've lost in SD or Indy.  We just don't have the D this year to beat an elite team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Patriots are the strongest team in the NFL by far in all point differential polls.  They are second strongest, just barely behind New Orleans, in Albert Breer's efficiency rankings.  Jeff Sagarin notes in every week's power ratings that win-loss records are not good predictors of future performance.

It's a moderate dropoff from Welker to Edelman.  Fortunately, Edelman has even more lateral acceleration than Welker, and he's been getting better.  The entire team has been on a slow upwards curve as all the rookies learn and as all the free agents pick up the system.

The Patriots' other negative is that they have to play two away games.  I don't see any historical records where, if teams can win home games and can't win away games, this is a future predictor of home and away game differential.  The exceptions to this rule are teams with unique home stadiums, such as Denver's mile high air or Miami's tropical heat.

Baltimore is injured beyond belief.  BB specifically wanted to play Baltimore, then Indy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Think they'll beat the Ravens but lose to this years Super Bowl Champion San Diego Chargers. Although in the NFL anything can happen and hopefully the Pats will go well beyond my expectations.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Each game is going to be tough for us.  We have a shot but going through the Chargers and the Colts in their homes will be hard to pull off.  I pin all hopes I have on the 2006 season.  We took a worse offense into the playoffs and nearly took out both the Chargers and Colts.  I just don't know what we'll see out of our defense though.  I know we didn't play full tilt defense yesterday, so maybe the 4th quarter collapse had something to do with it.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Win home game - die in SD......

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Nope ...cant play Indy until AFC Champ week
    ( Indy will get the winner of Bengals / Jets )

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Haskinshall. Show Haskinshall's posts

If this team will not only learn to put a nail into the opponents coffin, when it leads by 14 points in the fourth quater, but rather use some stainless steel screws, it could go all the way. After Welker's injury the stainless steel screws can only be Morris, Taylor, Faulk, Maroney - they eat up the clock.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

Special teams...meh. Place kicker...check.  Scheme D...check.  X-factor....turnovers, a Troy Brown-moment or 2 from an inspired everyman, lots of Bradyness, and some foaming-mouthed effort from the bearded fat-guys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The team thinks they have the personnel to do it, why not the fans?  If they play their game and execute for 60 minutes, we can only celebrate, right?  GO PATS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The biggest keys for me are:

(1) The Pats D.   Welker, or no Welker, this was always going to be my #1.  I am encouraged that the full D-line should be back in action.  Burgess is playing better.  I want Springs in there as much as possible.

(2) The Running Game.  It should be run first, pass second.  With Taylor back and Morris rounding into form, that should be our 1-2 punch.  That's a very good 1-2 punch, despite what the naysayers might think.

(3) O'Brien.  Does he tip the running play by the down or formation.  As optimistic as I am, we are not the early-60 Packers, who could tell you they were running an end-sweep and you still couldn't stop them.

I expect them to handle the Ravens, but I reserve judgement on the rest of the playoffs until I see how they stack up against these keys in the Ravens game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

bump

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

Elimate the turnovers and maybe we can win. Besides the teams that are hot going in have the worst head coaches SD and Dall. We have a 2nd round meeting pending with one of them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ozfree79. Show ozfree79's posts

I love all this jibbah jabbeh about this ones polls or that ones rankings. They all don't mean chit.

It all comes down to who wants it more and the Texans game (however "meaningless" it may be) is solid proof. If we come out flat against ANY team in the playoffs, we're done. It's that simple. We don't match or beat the intensity level of our opponent, that's it.

IMHO the Texans game was a wakeup call to the fact that we have trouble playing for 4 quarters. We've blown 4th quarter leads wayyyyy too much this season. As far as I'm concerned we've lost our momentum going into the playoffs. We have to come out FIRED UP!

Captfoxboro, I like the way you think. SMASHMOUTH FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

as far as the 1st & 2nd year players allow them to go. we shall see

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

Does TROY BROWN still know his way to Foxboro ?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsAficionado. Show SportsAficionado's posts

How can someone give deep, in-depth analysis on the Patriots and then not know who they'll play if they advance to the 2nd round?  Good grief.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

When is the last time the Patriots were one and done?  Not this decade!

San Diego should be tough just because it's a cross-country trip.  I think that SD/NE will be the real Super Bowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I'd prefer to play the colts in the second round but playing in SD isn't a bad option either. Granted the chargers are playing better football than we've been, but they also have the reputation of playoff chokers and have the norv-stone hanging around their necks.

We, on the other hand, will be playing with house money, since no one will expect us to beat win that game. We'd probably be 10 point dogs at least. Sounds a bit like the 2001 SB, doesn't it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

RE: FAN BASE PULSE : How far Will Pats Get In Playoffs?

i... have... no... idea

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Since I have the Chargers going to the Superbowl against the Cards I will have the Pats losing to the Chargers. I do think they will beat Baltimore, it will be because of a late mistake by the Ravens.