\Fan Noise, Seat Price

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

\Fan Noise, Seat Price

I'm writing this in response to another post about fans, seat prices, noise and some politics about sharing the wealth, "Rich folks giving away their seats to the poor."

Rich folks have given away your jobs  to Asia  by way of the Democratic Party ratifying N.A.F.T.A. and passing the World Trade Agreement
    Personally:
    You made bad choices. It's your fault
    You should have not been born poor or have been drafted and got our, not your as we all should share in this wealth of the Stadium, ticket blown off in the Nam..
     Stop complaining. You sound like Dialectic Materialism, Ho Chi Mihn, or an enlightened M.C. Student.
     And undoubtedly you are right. However rich folks don't give up their seats or anything else. As a matter of fact they Rig elections, and their sons don't SERVE  the nation in conflicts,
     Your son gets that honor, which secures and protects their petroleum investments.
     Happy covered coffin to you.
     From the 58,000
     Go Seats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: \Fan Noise, Seat Price

What are "the 58,000"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

In Response to Re: \Fan Noise, Seat Price:
    [QUOTE] What are "the 58,000"
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Go to the Wall in D.C. You should be ashamed to ask.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I suppose I should be, I didn't know that number off the top of my head.  I wasn't sure if "from the 58,000...Go seats" was referring to war casualties or the seating at Gillette, which are actually about the same number. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

And it is quite a myth that the well-to-do do not send their kids into the military.  Everyone jumps on a few high profile "politicians" who may have done that and just assumes it to be fact.  Yet another incorrect stereotype.  There are many wealthy kin joining the military, especially in the officer ranks.  I don't necessarily mean Bill Gates wealthy, but I can think of many military members who come from families with a net worth of at least a $million.  In some families, it's a tradition.  The Citadel is a good example of this.  Not many of the cadets come from poor families.  Many Citadel graduates go on to be successful businessmen after their military duty.  Many of these folks encourage their sons to follow in their footsteps. 

I grew up dirt poor, joined the military 2 weeks after turning 17, worked in some very undesirable places after leaving the service, got a college education online from UMUC while working full-time, and after several years positioned myself to where I am now.  I've seen both ends of the spectrum.  I really can't figure out how or why some of the stereotypes get formed in some people.  You can't take an example set by the few, and apply it to the many. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Some of us Democrats serve in the military too.
    A******

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

The Pats and Sox have been sticking to us for years.They have the highest ticket prices in each league. Moss is showing what a thug he has been his whole life. If I wanted to pay big money to watch punks with attitudes I watch the NBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]  Some of us Democrats serve in the military too. A******
    Posted by Mungomunro[/QUOTE]

But of course...  As an independent, I had to put up with both you and republicans :^)

The other thread made the population seem like people were either on welfare and trying to sap the rich dry or the exact opposite; flying in to the game on their personal helicopter.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

carawaydj... you described exactly what every American has the opportunity to do: make a decision to make something out of their lives and not ask others to "give you the silver platter"! 

Other than those who were lucky enough to inherit a fortune, the vast majority of the rich in this country took risks to get where they are.  They saw an opportunity, took it and they reap the rewards.  Besides a great portion of the rich support the programs many of the poor take for granted, which is paying taxes!!  The anarchists of the world don't want to earn what they want, they want it given to them. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to make here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to \Fan Noise, Seat Price:
    [QUOTE]I'm writing this in response to another post about fans, seat prices, noise and some politics about sharing the wealth, "Rich folks giving away their seats to the poor."  Rich folks have given away your jobs  to Asia  by way of the Democratic Party ratifying N.A.F.T.A. and passing the World Trade Agreement Personally: You made bad choices. It's your fault You should have not been born poor or have been drafted and got our, not your as we all should share in this wealth of the Stadium, ticket blown off in the Nam..  Stop complaining. You sound like Dialectic Materialism, Ho Chi Mihn, or an enlightened M.C. Student.  And undoubtedly you are right. However rich folks don't give up their seats or anything else. As a matter of fact they Rig elections, and their sons don't SERVE  the nation in conflicts,  Your son gets that honor, which secures and protects their petroleum investments.  Happy covered coffin to you.  From the 58,000  Go Seats
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

To everyone on the forum: If I EVER make a post on this forum which resembles this "holier than thou" opening staement, promise me that you will hit the "ignore" button.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

Thats an outrages price Specially for a Team that cannot play for 4 quarters. I guess we knew who the real team was Rodney Harrison Tedy Bruschi Mike Vrabel and Seymour not like these clowns now who cannot play for 4 quarters There a disgrace to watch this yr.  sorry I get The NFL channel to watch them play this bad

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]And it is quite a myth that the well-to-do do not send their kids into the military.  Everyone jumps on a few high profile "politicians" who may have done that and just assumes it to be fact.  Yet another incorrect stereotype.  There are many wealthy kin joining the military, especially in the officer ranks.  I don't necessarily mean Bill Gates wealthy, but I can think of many military members who come from families with a net worth of at least a $million.  In some families, it's a tradition.  The Citadel is a good example of this.  Not many of the cadets come from poor families.  Many Citadel graduates go on to be successful businessmen after their military duty.  Many of these folks encourage their sons to follow in their footsteps.  I grew up dirt poor, joined the military 2 weeks after turning 17, worked in some very undesirable places after leaving the service, got a college education online from UMUC while working full-time, and after several years positioned myself to where I am now.  I've seen both ends of the spectrum.  I really can't figure out how or why some of the stereotypes get formed in some people.  You can't take an example set by the few, and apply it to the many. 
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

As a Vietnam vet, I can assure you that its no myth. Out of 58,000 KIA, not one was the son of a US congressman or senator. I expect most of you are too young to remember the draft but you should know that college students were completely exempt from it. 

Think about that. All you had to do was be a college student and you got the free ride, while thousands of other less fortunate souls were sent off to fight a war against their will. Growing up in a blue-collar family in the 1950s, I was raised to believe that college was for rich kids, not for me.

And it didn't end there. Even in-country, the low end of the socio-economic scale was way over-represented in the most dangerous military specialties, e.g. infantry. Sure, a few of the upper class still sent their sons to VMI and West Point, but those are but two of the thousands of colleges in the US and Canada.

Not only that, but those pedigreed butter bars seldom were seen in the bush once they arrived in-country. They occupied staff positions in the rear with the gear. I've never seen statistics but I expect ROTC officers comprised the vast majority of platoon leaders who actually saw combat.

I quit high school to enlist in the Marines in 1965. In a Marine rifle company, I'd say 75% of the grunts never finished high school. Probably 60% were black. I never humped a ruck alongside an Ivy-Leaguer that's for d*mn sure.

I was fortunate to eventually become interested in education. Through the GI bill, I received my BA. Since then, I've also earned a law degree and two masters degrees. 

I've been involved in veteran's organizations enough to learn that my story is extremely rare within the world of combat veterans. Most are still stuck where there were 40 years ago, i.e. nowhere, without a pot to p*ss in. 

So, I'm here to tell you that its no myth that the "well-to-do do not send their kids into the military". With rare exceptions, that's exactly how it works and I expect it's always been that way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Thats an outrages price Specially for a Team that cannot play for 4 quarters. I guess we knew who the real team was Rodney Harrison Tedy Bruschi Mike Vrabel and Seymour not like these clowns now who cannot play for 4 quarters There a disgrace to watch this yr.  sorry I get The NFL channel to watch them play this bad
    Posted by Paulawht63[/QUOTE]

C'mon. Who gets this drunk before noon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to \Fan Noise, Seat Price:
    [QUOTE]I'm writing this in response to another post about fans, seat prices, noise and some politics about sharing the wealth, "Rich folks giving away their seats to the poor."  Rich folks have given away your jobs  to Asia  by way of the Democratic Party ratifying N.A.F.T.A. and passing the World Trade Agreement Personally: You made bad choices. It's your fault You should have not been born poor or have been drafted and got our, not your as we all should share in this wealth of the Stadium, ticket blown off in the Nam..  Stop complaining. You sound like Dialectic Materialism, Ho Chi Mihn, or an enlightened M.C. Student.  And undoubtedly you are right. However rich folks don't give up their seats or anything else. As a matter of fact they Rig elections, and their sons don't SERVE  the nation in conflicts,  Your son gets that honor, which secures and protects their petroleum investments.  Happy covered coffin to you.  From the 58,000  Go Seats
    Posted by DavidSeattle[/QUOTE]

What's your point dude? You don't like commies and progressives? Neither do I.
    You don't like Complainers? The basis of this thread is a complaint.
    If you didn't particularly care for the post on fan noise it's easy to skip over a thread if you don't like the content. Plus they didn't mean literally that they wanted to go commie and play Robin Hood with tickets. They just want louder fans at the stadium.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Cheapest stub-hub ticket for the Jags game (next home game) is $110 for a sro.
    This Sunday stub-hub has tickets at the 20 5 rows back for $34. Gillette is gouging the snot out of people.

I wasn't in the military so I my opinion is only from a citizen...I wish 5 deferment Dick would just stfu and go away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: \Fan Noise, Seat Price : As a Vietnam vet, I can assure you that its no myth. Out of 58,000 KIA, not one was the son of a US congressman or senator. I expect most of you are too young to remember the draft but you should know that college students were completely exempt from it.  Think about that. All you had to do was be a college student and you got the free ride, while thousands of other less fortunate souls were sent off to fight a war against their will. Growing up in a blue-collar family in the 1950s, I was raised to believe that college was for rich kids, not for me. And it didn't end there. Even in-country, the low end of the socio-economic scale was way over-represented in the most dangerous military specialties, e.g. infantry. Sure, a few of the upper class still sent their sons to VMI and West Point, but those are but two of the thousands of colleges in the US and Canada. Not only that, but those pedigreed butter bars seldom were seen in the bush once they arrived in-country. They occupied staff positions in the rear with the gear. I've never seen statistics but I expect ROTC officers comprised the vast majority of platoon leaders who actually saw combat. I quit high school to enlist in the Marines in 1965. In a Marine rifle company, I'd say 75% of the grunts never finished high school. Probably 60% were black. I never humped a ruck alongside an Ivy-Leaguer that's for d*mn sure. I was fortunate to eventually become interested in education. Through the GI bill, I received my BA. Since then, I've also earned a law degree and two masters degrees.  I've been involved in veteran's organizations enough to learn that my story is extremely rare within the world of combat veterans. Most are still stuck where there were 40 years ago, i.e. nowhere, without a pot to p*ss in.  So, I'm here to tell you that its no myth that the "well-to-do do not send their kids into the military". With rare exceptions, that's exactly how it works and I expect it's always been that way.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

As a somewhat naive 21 year old, I completely undersold you for being a right-wing, gun-toting, chest-puffing jarhead.  I owe you an apology.

I've heard the same thing from two special op veterans with whom my dad does work:
    (1) Mostly poor people ended up getting the worst jobs
    (2) Most people never really came back from the war, even if their living body did... 
    (3) They were the rare exception in their ability to better their lives after serving in Vietnam.  One was a preeminent environmental lawyer in Massachusetts before retiring.  Another is a very successful fisherman with whom we do charter trips.

I'm just glad I didn't run with the idea of signing up for the Navy's BUD/S program or the Army's 18x Spec Ops program.

But how does Vietnam have to do with fan noise and tickets?  This person would have sent the same message just as clearly if he had said that people who pay for seats have a right to do as they please with them without the rant.  People like this make conservatives look bad - I'd be Republican instead of Libertarian but for a**holes like this.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: \Fan Noise, Seat Price : ...So, I'm here to tell you that its no myth that the "well-to-do do not send their kids into the military". With rare exceptions, that's exactly how it works and I expect it's always been that way.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I won't argue one bit that in the Vietnam war, that's exactly how it was.  Times have changed considerably though.  First of all, the "well to do" population is a gazillion times larger than the number of politicians.  I say it has changed now because I simply know too many military members who come from families where they didn't hurt for money; especially in the officer ranks.  Your point is mostly valid amongst the enlisted. 

As for politicians, in 2008 there were 5-8 congressmen with children in Iraq.  Some like Duncan Hunter's son have done multiple tours.  This number does not include the number of children in the service, but not deployed to Iraq.  This doesn't seem like a large number, but as a percentage of the congressional body, it isn't that much different from the percentage of folks living in your city who can say they have a child in Iraq. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Seattle is a very gloomy place.