Fariyweather's celebration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Fariyweather's celebration

branDONE made a hard hit but the play still resulted in a first down. brundean went on to celebrate like a RETARD- i think its time for this super dousche to hit the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: Fariyweather's celebration

617AcrossDaBoard

+1

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from reegz04. Show reegz04's posts

Agree with 617...U watch the highlights around the league n you see a lot of defenders back off and let plays extend because of hesitation. Brandon didnt let it stop him. The celebration was dumb tho lol

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Celebration was dumb, but give the guy credit--he played a pretty good game yesterday.  I was glad to see him stay aggressive despite the fine--and also glad to see him stay within the rules on his hard hit. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Really, you're attacking him because he made a celebration? How do you even know that he knew that they gave up a first down? He knocked the daylight out of Crayton, got up and did his celebration.

Irrational fan is an understatement for you. Next thing you know you'll be saying that he's no good because his hair is too long. -_-... You forgot to mention the fact that he was 5-5 in tackles this game. Meriwhiffer when he misses a tackle and fairyweather when there's nothing worth attacking. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like him.  Sometimes he does things I don't like, but still, all in all, I am glad he is on our team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In Response to Re: Fariyweather's celebration:
    [QUOTE]I thought it was very immature of BM as well but then I thought about why he did it... Just last week he along with Robinson and Harrison were singled out and made examples out of. While if you look around the league yesterday, players were scared to lay wood... Brandon proved that he would remain physical and that hit was CLEAN and flat out SICK... That celebration was towards the league.. Be happy he's on our team.
    Posted by 617AcrossDaBoard[/QUOTE]

according to brandon, the celebration was for a friend who just joined the military

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Whatever it was, I'm not usually a fan of celebrating in that situation but it seems Meriweather has become a emotional lightning rod for the team the last few weeks. 

When you put a hit on someone that hard it fires the team up more than a pass or an arm tackle could and I think it gets this team going.  So if it works on firing this defense up then I guess I don't really care if he does a little celebration.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Not a fan of the celebrating either but he had a good game.  He seemed to be in postion today and has eliminated the missed tackles.  If the worst thing he does during a game is celebrate alittle, I can live with that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Brandon Meriweather apparently can't win no matter what he does.  Can we stop with the Meriweather threads? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

I'll be the first to say I have never liked BM BUT his play over the last few games he's looked better.  My biggest knock of Merri is he's looking too much for the big hit and neglects his assignments and bad angles.

He seems to be taking advantage of the coaching and listening to what he's been asked to do.  By his own mouth, he was trying to do his own thing in camp and early in the season even when it was not working. 

If he allows the coaches to coach him he will be a much better player.  No one can question his abilities, if he becomes a smarter player and part of the Team D he'll be a full time starter.  I still reserve my opinion on whether he'll be back next season but so far the last few games he's taking steps forward and becoming a team player.  We'll see, we might be seeing him maturing.

If he did the salute for a friend heading off to the military hats off but the celebrating a long conversion was stupid. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Whatever it was, I'm not usually a fan of celebrating in that situation but it seems Meriweather has become a emotional lightning rod for the team the last few weeks.  When you put a hit on someone that hard it fires the team up more than a pass or an arm tackle could and I think it gets this team going.  So if it works on firing this defense up then I guess I don't really care if he does a little celebration.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    So where was the fire in the D?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

I LOVED IT!! I was concerned he might lose some of his nastiness. but a great hit and and proof that a hit doesn't have to be dirty to be effective. I'm sure the NFL is preparing an education film right now showing all the hard legal hits from Sunday while highlighting Brandons. Yeh right.

Sirpinochle you are an a**hole, there was no need the make a slur on your post.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

1 out of every 2 times you put on a hit like that the ball is coming out. 

I don't mind the celebration after that hit for this reason. Most guys after getting fined 50k on a rookie contract might go out there and avoid trying to make a big hit. That was a freakin message he sent and I love it. 

This is too funny though. He puts on a great legal hit, the kind of hit you love to see your d put on and someone starts a thread criticizing him about it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

i admit to being an unintelligent football fan- but it seems to me what BM needs to do, if there is empty space in front of him, and there isnt the threat of the play happening in back of him, he needs to fill the space in - i just think this guy is not smart enough and id rather have somebody dependable than athletically gifted. resident smart pants zbellino had the opposite opinion but i KNOW this guy is not part of the future of a good defense

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

sirpinochle admits to "being an unintelligent football fan" but then states "i KNOW this guy is not part of the future of a good defens." Pin, your lack of intelligence is showing.

Perhaps you have some sort of personal animosity towards BM that you can share with the board??

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

"Fariyweather"?  How's third grade going for you so far? 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

At least he waited for the whistle to blow unlike the Chargers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Celebration or not,  I still love the hit.  Gives the receivers something to think about. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

When did it become the cool thing to do on this board is to attack Meriweather? Just because Maroney is gone that doesn't mean you turn your eyes to a new target. 

If you want someone reliable, Sirpinoche, you already have that person. James Sanders is as reliable as they come, but the defense played its best game when he was out with an injury. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

Merryweather's the man and you're a little joke.  He's a good player who is needed on this defense, but most people are too dumb to realize this.  You sound like a total republican, NO CLUE WHATS GOING ON IN REALITY.  Go cause another financial crisis somewhere else.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

[QUOTE]Irrational fan is an understatement for you. Next thing you know you'll be saying that he's no good because his hair is too long. -_-
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's an accident that white fans who disliked Maroney, and dislike Merriwheather, regularly point out their hair.  Dreads are a visible sign of blackness, and have symbolic content in this discourse.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Sorry, I don't think the dreads have anything to do with it.  I think people see Meriweather celebrate big hits after 15 yard gains and wonder what the hell he's celebrating.  Boston sports fans don't tend to like self-promoters. (Remember the response to the Antoine Walker wiggle or Manny Ramirez lollygagging around the bases after a homer?) 

I think people also expect Meriweather to be Ed Reed and get down on him when he makes a mistake.  People expected Maroney to be Corey Dillon and when he was hurt or danced in the backfield instead of hitting the hole he made himself into a target for the ire of fans. 

I personally am not down on Meriweather.  There is more to like about him that to dislike.  I think the probowl got to his head a bit but after eating some humble pie he seems to be playing with more discipline, and let's hope it continues.   

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Do you know Brandon was saluting to one of his friends who recently joined the army? 

Idiots