Fat Guy Problems

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Fat Guy Problems

What is the trade value of a franchised Vince Wilfork? If he is worth a first or second rounder I'd assume that we take the fat NT from florida. There's no way in hell we pay this fat and disgruntled VW big money. He is being a major dousche. If he is unhappy with 23 mill guarenteed, like the reports say, that is a major problem.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Fat Guy Problems

already another thread on this.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I guess if we go by what Pokey thinks of himself then we should get 3 1st's and a few Waffle House Restaurants in return.

We won championships with guys like Ted Washington and Keith Traylor playing the nose.  We have won nothing with Knee Dive there.

Keith and Ted never got pushed around by one blocker.....never.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

In Response to Re: Fat Guy Problems:
    I guess if we go by what Pokey thinks of himself then we should get 3 1st's and a few Waffle House Restaurants in return. We won championships with guys like Ted Washington and Keith Traylor playing the nose.  We have won nothing with Knee Dive there. Keith and Ted never got pushed around by one blocker..... never .
    Posted by Tcal2

With the way he plays in the playoffs, I would think VW prefers IHOP to Waffle House.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

tcal, your comment about ted and keith...i have always wondered about what made them successful. i believe it was because they are so heavy traylor at 340 and ted at 375. ted was fat. maybe, the nt position just puts too much wear and tear on a 325 punder. if heavy is what it takes, then maybe mt cody would be a good pick up even if he can't play 3 downs. if having cody means opposing offenses would always having third and long then you could have a more athletic 310-330 lb nt who has good rush moves.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-pats-fan. Show can-pats-fan's posts

Now I'm not saying that any 350 lb. guy can play nose tackle and be successful.  But Vince has to realize that we have had guys like Ted W. and Keith T. that played the position he plays and there hasn't been a significant change in production.  All three had to endure double teams and all three were very good against the run.  If the Pats offered Vince a decent contract as reported and he said no, we should tag him, groom Brace or someone this year and let him walk.  As history has shown we can replace a fat guy with another fat guy if required. 

Or how about this... play a 4-3 which works out better with todays roster.  Bill will keep trying to slam a round peg in a square hole.  You have to adapt to your players skill sets.  He used to be the master of this but lately this has been bringing him down. 

In Bill I now semi-trust.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Vince is the best NT in the game.  The problem is Pats should have locked him up a year or ago.  Buffalo is now going 3-4 adding another potential destination.  I don't fault the guy for wanting to get paid.  Pats should take advantage of the salary cap-less year and front end an enormous amount of cash.  Losing him would be a huge loss on the field and in the locker room.  Can't have the perception of cheapness.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Zeoli42. Show Zeoli42's posts

get a first and 2 second round picks then trade one 2nd rounder for Anquan boldin and then trade dumerville with the 2011 first rounder and were set then trade into the top ten get Joe Haden at CB and will be se

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I dont get how all you guys r dissing VW... If he wants to go for the money, so be it.. he hasnt created a single problem through all this. Lets not trash talk the guy out of town... hes been professional. If he doesnt want to sign here, then tag and trade... Im fine with that, but theres no need to diss him now...
    Getting a 1st and a 2nd would be good. I would love for jahvid best to drop to 2nd round, hes the explosion we need on offense. Also need O-Line, and Pass Rushers.