Faulk's Early Retirement

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotzking18. Show patriotzking18's posts

Faulk's Early Retirement

He might as well retire now since out for the season

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Re: Faulk's Early Retirement

He probably should have retired in the offseason. He has not looked himself. its sad.  maybe this happened for a reason so that he will move on and the Patriots will move on. 

Kevin Faulk. #33
    Clutch contributor
    Good leader
    Better Person
    Solid football player
    Undersized and not the fastest
    Helped us win 3 Super Bowls

Patriots Hero of the 2000s with Troy Brown

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'd say his career is over, but the guy has been surprising his whole career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

I would not be supprised the Patriots make him an offer and he retires

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

When I learned today that it was his ACL, I thought, "retirement".  At 34, I just can't see him coming back as an NFL RB at 35 from a torn ACL.  Troy Brown couldn't pull it off. You know the Pats would offer him a position. 

It's a drag that this had to happen to him in the second game of what was probably his last season. If it had to happen, fate could have been kinder by making it in his last game played.

Thanks for many great plays, Mr. Faulk.  You remain one of my very favorite Pats players, going back as far as the '70s. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Probably the best offensive Patriot of the 2000s, yes, even better than Brady. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

In Response to Re: Faulk's Early Retirement:
    [QUOTE]Probably the best offensive Patriot of the 2000s, yes, even better than Brady. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Forget to take your meds?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Best offensive Patriots of the 2000s.

1. Brady
    2. Moss
    3. Brown
    4. Light
    5. Welker
    6. Branch
    7. Givens
    8. Faulk
    9. Patten
    10. Dillon
    11. *Vrabel* !

I love Faulk too, but he is a 3rd down RB

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He has easily been the most consistant performer in the 2000's for the Patriots offensively. Brady is one of the top QB's in the game,but too qualify Faulk as a third down back would be wrong. He's carried the ball more than any other running back the Patriots have had this decade. He blocks better than any starting RB this decade! So don't fall for the baloney that he is just a third down back who catches a pass or two..As for his replacement it will be Sammy Morris.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Faulk's Early Retirement : Love Faulk, but let's not get carried away suggesting a third down back is better than one of the greatest QB's to ever play the position
    Posted by Encinitas[/QUOTE]

Since Brady relied on him to get third down conversions, relied on him to block the free blitzer, relied on him to run the delay I would say he's the most important offensive Patriot of the decade. If not number 1, he's number 2. 

Woodhead has huge shoes to fill. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

I wouldn't be so quick to count him out, people were also saying Welker wouldn't be back until next year and Faulk has that same type of competitive drive. If he wants to play again, he will.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Fire O'Brien and make KF the new O coordinator.....he knows how the O used to be run.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't be so quick to count him out, people were also saying Welker wouldn't be back until next year and Faulk has that same type of competitive drive. If he wants to play again, he will.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

Three things.

Thing 1 Welker may be back but he's no where near 100%
    Thing 2 Faulk's knees take a completely different kind of abuse than Welker's
    Thing 3 Faulk is a lot older than Welker especially since pro football career years are more like dog years than human ones

Interesting that all those screaming about BB filling that roster spot with Woodhead instead of a D player have suddenly gone quiet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]He said today he is not retiring and i am disgusted by the people who said they want him to retire, he is 34 and has not even lost a step yet, he will now with this injury but for 34 he has taken little to no beating over his career and he will bounce back. What the he//is wrong with my fellow Pats fans this season this f*cking Kevin Faulk you are talking about.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Well said MVP, and I don't understand where the idea that he "lost a step" came from. Faulk looked quicker then last year to me. Also he is far more then just a 3rd down back. He gets more snaps then any RB on our team and guess what they are not ALL on 3rd down.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]He said today he is not retiring and i am disgusted by the people who said they want him to retire, he is 34 and has not even lost a step yet, he will now with this injury but for 34 he has taken little to no beating over his career and he will bounce back. What the he//is wrong with my fellow Pats fans this season this f*cking Kevin Faulk you are talking about.

Killa...Would I like to see him come back strong? DEFINITELY! But lets face reality. The odds are against him both physically and roster management wise. Sheer will power can't overcome physical reality. Just ask Bobby Orr

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 123meg. Show 123meg's posts

He'll be back.  Look at how fast the recovery time is now for those types of injuries.  He's a tough guy and I think its foolish to assume he's done. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatildaWanna. Show MatildaWanna's posts

[QUOTE]Evil if this was Reggie Bush we were talking about I would understand cause he only does a few things well but Kevin Faulk could never run the ball for us again and he would still be crazy valuable to this offense. His blitz pick up and pass blocking alone make him one of the best 3rd down backs in the game today. He doesnt do any one thing great but he does EVERYTHING well.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]your right MVP....Faulk is only 34, that;s 29 in Brett Farve years, he can go another 30

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Faulk's Early Retirement : your right MVP....Faulk is only 34, that;s 29 in Brett Farve years, he can go another 30
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

Farve loses more big games with bonehead plays than he wins and has for years

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]Evil if this was Reggie Bush we were talking about I would understand cause he only does a few things well but Kevin Faulk could never run the ball for us again and he would still be crazy valuable to this offense. His blitz pick up and pass blocking alone make him one of the best 3rd down backs in the game today. He doesnt do any one thing great but he does EVERYTHING well.

Bottom line is no one including Faulk will really know how things will work out until next spring. One thing I'm sure of is that he will be at camp in 2011. Do you know what his contract status is?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Hard to believe he lasted longer than that other Faulk