Favorite Player in 2011 Draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

Favorite Player in 2011 Draft?

Hawaii WR Greg Salas is my favorite player in the draft this year. Will the Pats go for him? Not sure. Probably not. Would I love to see it? ABSOLUTELY! He fits the mold of what the pats look for in a receiver not elite speed but knows how to get open.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqqmN-ffeY

Who is your absolute favorite player in this draft. (NOT WHO YOU WANT THE PATS TO PICK!)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Re: Favorite Player in 2011 Draft?

Tough to narrow it down.

The first player to catch my eye was Ryan Kerrigan, love what the kid brings to the table.

My favorite offensive player is probably the ultra-versatile Randall Cobb.

My favorite defensive player is probably big-motored Brooks Reed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Kendall Hunter RB, or how I call him Lion Heart.  He's my favorite but my most land is one of three:

Wilkerson
    Reed
    Sheard

My sleeper
    Rob Housler TE/WR 6'5" 248 lbs 4.46 40 great hands good route, sucks at blocking but that can be coached.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrustBill. Show TrustBill's posts

Adrian Clayborn, OLB/DE

One of most polished college DEs that plays with instinct, discipline and aggression.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Cecil Shorts. Great name.  Only rivals Louis Lipps.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa (6'4 225 lbs).  25-6 TD/INT ratio in 2010.  Solid mechanics/footwork with a nice overhead delivery.  Good athlete for the QB position.  Can make things happen with his legs when the play breaks down.  Good pocket awareness with the ability to side-step pressure to create an throwing lane.  Works with the same QB coach in the offseason as Brady - Tom Martinez.  The Pats spent the day at Iowa's Pro Day putting him through a workout, so I get the sense they see the same potential in him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

In Response to Re: Favorite Player in 2011 Draft?:
    [John Moffitt......tenacious...tough...hard worker....NIce to see him replace a gusrd or center,,,

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

My Top 2,

Chris Carter OLB Fresno State and Da'Quan Bowers DE/OLB Clemson

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hrm well I'm going to break it into 4 separate categories. O skill players, OL, D front 7 and D backfield

O skill:  Rob Housler WR/TE - His blocking is absolutely horrible but he's fast, gets up to speed real quick, is a great route runner, good hands, and can make people miss. As a TE I'd be scared of him on the line but putting him on one side, with Hernandez on the other, and Gronk on the line that's a front to create some mismatches with smaller secondaries. (The Pats actually worked out a very similar TE named Virgil Green)

OL: Will Rackley G - One of my favorite OL in this draft. Very high upside that has good polished hands and can lock down inside. He needs work on his knees and getting to high but that's something that's correctable

D front 7: Watt/Wilkerson DE - I can't decide between the two which will end up being the better player. My gut says Watt but I've been a Wilkerson fan since he was considered a 3rd round pick. To me both have a Seymourish ceiling with Wilkerson being better at run defense and Watt being a better rusher

D backfield: Shiloh Keo S - This was a tough choice for me. Among the DB's I liked Curtis Brown, Jalil Brown, and Javes Lewis but I went for the slower guy that just plain wowed in drills. Sometimes as a S it isn't how fast you can run but how fast you can break down plays and how fast you can react and change direction and Keo can do that. You let him roam and he has the chance to make a play just don't expect him to keep pace with faster outside receivers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Ingram.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Mark Ingram....Definately a player that would help the offense out tremendously. I think he would be the type of player that will open up the passing game for Brady by having defenses trying to stop the run.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Defense: JJ Watt
    Nobody will outwork him, and he is the PERFECT New England Patriot.  Talented, smart, and has a motor hat never stops running.  He is a perfect fit for New England in the 1st.

Offense: Mark Ingram
    A new weapon for a potent New England offense.  Mark Ingram would instantly improve the New England running game, and help create a potential record breaking offense again.

Honorable Mention-Defense: Brooks Reed
    Yet another hard working, productive pass rusher.  Would help to instantly solve our pass rush issues.

Honorable mention-Offense: Shane Vereen
    The back that does it all.  A strong runner and good blocker, Vereen is the ideal HB for the Patriots.  I strongly believe he will be a Patriot in Round 2/3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan1994. Show patsfan1994's posts

edmund gates for his talent and late round value. WR

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i'm going to go with robert quinn. in 3 years he could be the defensive MVP or he could be a massive bust. its interesting to track someone who could swing that far in either direction.