Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?
posted at 8/14/2010 11:09 PM EDT
In Response to Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?
[QUOTE]Look, I hope you're all right with the optimism, but you still have to respect the team that's on paper. How you guys feeling about Cromartie, and please, I know he had a bad year but this guy is a 8-int guy that may start next to Revis.
Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
I dont respect a team on paper. But if I did, the Jets have, on paper
1. Major contract impasse with their best player.
2. Downgraded at least one of their running backs, maybe downgraded two.
3. Swapped out a good corner for a castoff
4. Left a proven poor Dline player in place
5. Provided themselves with alot of distraction by appearing on television
6. Created an atmosphere of high fan expectation in a city with no patience, and a history of experiencing Jet failure.
All this, from a team that started 3-0 and ended up 9-7, with a gift wrapped game or two. How is this good on paper? We now have a year of tape to look at the schemes, and adjust to them, we know the pieces and how they fit, and how Sanchez finished the season and will perform now. Holmes we know from our many Pittsburgh experiences. I just don't see how this makes a paper champion. Cromartie is out of San Diego for a reason, and although they sure have wiffed on the correct time to dump guys before, I am not sure they have this time. This collection of problem children and chest thumping circus cast offs just doesn't impress me that much. They play hard and will compete. Too good? Not even close