Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?

In Response to Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?:
    [QUOTE]This team is stacked, and Sanchez only needs to play moderately with all the talent around him.  Without pointing to the RB's there really is no other weak link.  What can we expect?????
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]
    Getzo
    9-7, but it is an improvement on account of the fact that last year's 9-7 was courtesy of 2 gimmees at the end. 2 courtesy games and Cincy looked flat, SD laid a clunker, and the slighty above average Colts managed to Give the Jets a taste of reality. In all, sorry not feelin' it for the Jets. Rah Rah Rex will be bummin', me thinks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good? : Note how the production of Merriroid in SD parallels Cromartie's.   Not a coincidence. When he was suspended and blew out his knee, that 2007 SD great D was a distant memory by 2008 and into 2009. SD plays in a VERY weak division, cupcakes to a division title every year and then gets caught with their pants down in the postseason because they are immature and overrated. So is Cromartie.  People see the athlete and immediately think he is great. He's a better athlete than he is CB.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]
    Well that says alot about the pats since the Chargers were better than NE last year. In the Regular and postseason

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Look, I hope you're all right with the optimism, but you still have to respect the team that's on paper.  How you guys feeling about Cromartie, and please, I know he had a bad year but this guy is a 8-int guy that may start next to Revis.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Respect? For the likes of the perenially whining, pouting cry-baby LT, a punk like Santonio Holmes and a drive-by father in Cromartie? I don't think so. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Good but not too good and big chance of imploding

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Jets likely improved this year, and so did the Pats.  Listening to all of the Jets hype this year, I almost forgot that they barely beat us in week 2 with Welker missing and Brady playing only his 2nd game back from an injury.  I almost forgot that we whooped them handily the 2nd game.  I almost forgot they wouldn't have even made the playoffs had Indy not laid down for them (even though they made the most of their opportunity).  The hype machine would have you believe the Jets are the defending champs.

I think their D will be better than 2009 if/when Revis reports.  I'm not so sure about their offense.  Sanchez get points for having more experience.  LT is a downgrade unless and until he proves otherwise.  Like I said, both teams have improved, albeit in different ways.  The Saints are the NFL champs until another team proves otherwise, and the AFC East goes through the Pats until the Jets prove otherwise.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

All the jests have is potential.

As Yogi said, "what potential means is that you haven't done sh*t yet".

That about sums it up for the been-buying-tickets-to-the-superbowl-since-1973 jests.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I won't belabor this board with the many reasons why I think the Jets are the most overhyped team of recent memory.  They will be a solid squad, which is to say that I see them going 9-7 or maybe 10-6.  They are expected to be a dominant team, and I just don't see it.  Too many question marks at too many positions, plus a lot of attitudes and bad apples, holdouts, believing the hype, etc.  I hope they go 1-15, but they will be in the thick of things in the AFC East.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

I was at the game in November last year and the Jets looked terrible. How has the team that looked like JV cannon fodder all of the sudden become the darlings of the league? I guess keeping NY/Mostly NJ interested is good for hocking merchandise and selling tickets. They're improved at receiver and that's all I see. Sanchez was terrible, one of the worst in the league last year.

Like the fall foliage the Jets peak in September.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Yeah, they're looking pretty good with their franchise QB throwing a pick six on his first play of the game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The Jets better hope that Shonn Greene stays healthy this season. Otherwise you have burnt out Tomlinson or not quite NFL ready McKnight. That will put all the pressure on Sanchez and I don't see him carrying a team quite yet without a good/great running game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

This team rises and falls on how good Sancheez plays. Once you stop the run (and yes that is possible) you turn the Jests O into a predictable offense or you make Sancheez and his mediocre receiving core beat you. For the Jests O to be better Sancheez has to complete 60% of his passes and reverse the TD/INT ratio (eg: 20TDs 12INTs). Still early, but Sancheez looks like he could struggle with a good secondary and quality blitz. There were times when he made bad decisions and got happy feet in the pocket. The running looks solid though along with the 1st string D. They are a .500 team that will need big plays and some luck to get the wild card.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

I'm actually more nervous about the Dolphins.  I think they have a legit shot at winning the east.  As far as the Jets I think they are insanely overrated based on what happened in the playoffs last year and being from New York the media will jump on the bandwagon.  Last year they basically backed into the playoffs with lots of help.  Then they played a horrible Bengals team that had no business in the playoffs to begin with.  They beat a good San Diego team but the Chargers always choke in the playoffs.  The addition of Cromartie is horrible.  He hasn't had a good year for a few years now and he is a nut job.  Same with Holmes.  He's a nutjob who will spend most of his time suspended.  Thomas Jones was a great back for the Jets and getting rid of him for LT was a big mistake.  LT has been going down hill fast and is a no show in the playoffs.  Losing Faneca in place of a guard from UMass?  That's a big question mark.  Yes Faneca was on the downside but he was still good and a leader on that line.  With Revis in a ugly holdout and Mangold not happy about losing Faneca and his contract the offensive line is a question mark.  Oh and they lost Kerry Rhodes to haha. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Cromartie looked good last night.  Wish they would have tested our rookie corner.  Cromartie is in a new system where he can(and I think will) be given the green light to play man every play.  From what I was last night against the Gmen's #1s he is up to the task.

You should hope that Revis doesnt get signed since that could put the shackles on our opponents top 2 recievers and that will spell trouble for our opponents QBs since it will free up more of our defense to BLITZ and inflict punishment on our opposing QB. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

New York is a trash talking state. Everybody likes it for only times square and the Yankees. They f*cking fail.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Favortism aside... Are Jets too good?:
    [QUOTE]This team is stacked, and Sanchez only needs to play moderately with all the talent around him.  Without pointing to the RB's there really is no other weak link.  What can we expect?????
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Answer to post question:NO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]Cromartie looked good last night.  Wish they would have tested our rookie corner.  Cromartie is in a new system where he can(and I think will) be given the green light to play man every play.  From what I was last night against the Gmen's #1s he is up to the task. You should hope that Revis doesnt get signed since that could put the shackles on our opponents top 2 recievers and that will spell trouble for our opponents QBs since it will free up more of our defense to BLITZ and inflict punishment on our opposing QB. 
    Posted by whodeawhodat[/QUOTE]

Sorry to blow smoke on your love fest but the Giants do not have Number 1's. So you D was not tested. I am not worried about revis and cromartie, we have always been the team that was going to lose to the great colts, or Rams, or Steelers or whoever, so the jets just don't raise a lot of fear.

Specially when you jump to the other side of the ball. Franchise threw a pick 6 on his first play of the season...remember that, it will get to be common. Running back are suspect, again, you ran against a weak d last night.

Hype it up as your team likes to, "Pride goes before the fall."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Asher77. Show Asher77's posts

Anyone as sick as me think this pic on the sports front page looks alot like a Jets fan after they get spanked on by the Pats?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favortism aside... Are Jets too good? : That is just what Eli said right before they knocked him out of the game. 
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

"Looking for nub in all the wrong places......"