Favre's motivation for playing tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carbonflow. Show carbonflow's posts

Favre's motivation for playing tonight

Does Favre want to win this game tonight against the Bears and give some final love to the Packers?

Chicago has the Jets next week and Green Bay in final week.

Oh how I wish the packers and bears will be playing for the champ in week 17 in Green Bay!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Favre's motivation for playing tonight

Brett Favre's motivation to play is, and always has been, the same: the sustenance of his ridiculous, insatiable ego.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

You started a post on Brett Favre that is not negative.... shame on you.  And you might be the only person on this board that would ever care about  "Oh how I wish the packers and bears will be playing for the champ in week 17 in Green Bay!!!!!"  Now good for you for respecting a QB great, but the man's last four years have made me shake my head. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

He needs to finish the season right in his mind.. if he can play, he'll play.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'm so sick of this Jerk...why won't he just go away....maybe the Bears will plant him & I won't have to read anything more about this clown....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

www.sustainabilityninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/kleercut-kleenex.jpg" alt="kleercut kleenex" title="kleercut kleenex" width="430" height="380" />

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

He is preparing himself to be the Kleenex spokesperson when he retires...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Just to pisss me off.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Favre and the Vikes just went through that badass Bears defense on the opening drive like it wasn't even there.

I think bobbysu might be right.

Favre is never going away.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Didn't the Vikings break the rules of listing active and inactive players by the Friday deadline?  They ruled Favre out on Friday.  That's why the Bears prepared for Joe Webb all week.  The Vikings should be penalized for this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Oh, people, this should be as obvious as the sun coming up in the morning.

He is playing because, if he should pull this game out, he will be prime meat to spend the summer flirting with some other NFL team and then sign for another $10 million next year.

Just watch.

I guarantee it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Favre may have a huge ego, but he also has a great love for the game. He loves to play and that is clear. Do you know how many forty one year olds that would play tonight after the injury he had? I believe most would just rest and retire in the off-season. The streak is over. He is playing tonight because he just loves to play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Favre's motivation for playing tonight:
    [QUOTE]Didn't the Vikings break the rules of listing active and inactive players by the Friday deadline?  They ruled Favre out on Friday.  That's why the Bears prepared for Joe Webb all week.  The Vikings should be penalized for this.
    Posted by DoNotSleepOnThePats[/QUOTE]

It's my understanding that the actual injury report is flexible until 90 minutes before gametime.

Does anybody know the specifcs of this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Favre's motivation for playing tonight:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Favre's motivation for playing tonight : On the contrary, my friend. I'd love to see that game being played for the division while the loser goes home for the year. At least they would have a good flex game for SNF to end the season. This week we get the joy of watching Carolina go to Pittsburgh and then Arizona vs Dallas. Awful
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

Wish I had time on my hands to watch any game that wasn't Patriots.  That rarely happens.....

Only way I watch a Favre game is to root against him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Favre is going to moon Goodell at halftime...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Just checked NFL.com and guess what.. my rant a week ago about Favre is justified. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

p-mike: It's my understanding that the actual injury report is flexible until 90 minutes before gametime.

Ahhhh ok.  I wasn't sure of the exact rules of the injury report.  But I do know he was ruled out on Friday.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

So he can use shrinkage as an excuse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Brett Favre left tonight's game with a head injury. Wow, I guess the only part of Brett's body left uninjured is the part he twittered to Jenn Steger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Favre may very well decided that he wants to give it one more try next year, but after seeing his horrible season this year, would any team in their right mind be willing to bring him in?