1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GzaGenius21. Show GzaGenius21's posts

Feeley Released

Think we'll try and sign A.J. Feeley who was just released by the eagles

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Feeley Released

It wouldn't surprise anyone here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcappy. Show jcappy's posts

According to an expert interview on espn radio earlier this afternoon "Feeley is a lock for New England."  did not hear NFL expert's name.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They won't sign Feeley. That would mean a cut of a position player that the Pats can use elsewhere. Why bother carrying 3 QBs? Feeley won't play in STs so he might not be used at all this year if he came to New England. "I Believe in Brian Hoyer".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I like hoyer,and i think he will be a special player in a couple of years,but no way he is ready,or will be ready this year.the more reason i say, come on feely.sure it is a waste of space,if everything will be fine with brady this season,but the pats need that insurance just in case.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In Response to Re: Feeley Released:
    [QUOTE]They won't sign Feeley. That would mean a cut of a position player that the Pats can use elsewhere. Why bother carrying 3 QBs? Feeley won't play in STs so he might not be used at all this year if he came to New England. "I Believe in Brian Hoyer".
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I don't know if they'll sign Feeley, but they will sign a QB soon.  That is a mortal lock.  They will not go very long with 2 QBs.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Wow....sign him quick!!! What a godsend! Can you believe that?...uhhhh....sorry...I thought it said Freeney....

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I wouldnt mind the likes of freeny here.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from eephun. Show eephun's posts

If BB does end up signing a 3rd QB and attempting to get Hoyer on the practice squad or releasing an position player I will not understand why he didn't trade Alex Smith to the Eagles for him.  At least they both would have received value (in positions that they needed) and ensured that the players were not claimed by other teams.

Though he may want to wait to sign Feeley so his salary is not guartanteed if he is cut.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

If you have to cut a back up center to sign Feeley then do it.    IMO he has more value to the team (as insurance) than Wendell/Connolly.  They also signed Isaiah Stanback to the practice squad, he will reportedly work solely at QB.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

I thought Hoyer looked great, but agree that a Veteran is good idea. Perhaps Feely or Huard after week 1.

Having watched the replay a few a times now, I'm surprised Slater isn't on IR right now. Maybe he goes on it after the first game and a veteran QB comes in.

Or he makes 3 special teams tackles week 1 after the Pats release Randy Moss in order to sign Flutie to the roster. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Instead of worrying about the best position we have on the team, why don't we worry about our achilles heel? Belichick should use that number 1 to get an OLB. That would fix alot of our defensive troubles. 

I know the Chargers are ready to let go of Merriman, I say we make a trade for him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]Instead of worrying about the best position we have on the team, why don't we worry about our achilles heel? Belichick should use that number 1 to get an OLB. That would fix alot of our defensive troubles.  I know the Chargers are ready to let go of Merriman, I say we make a trade for him. 

And how would you "know" this? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]Instead of worrying about the best position we have on the team, why don't we worry about our achilles heel? Belichick should use that number 1 to get an OLB. That would fix alot of our defensive troubles.  I know the Chargers are ready to let go of Merriman, I say we make a trade for him. 

Yeah, the Chargers will trade Merriman to New England, perhaps their biggest rival outside of their division.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeley Released : And how would you "know" this? 
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

They drafted his replacement in this year's draft. (Larry English)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RahZid. Show RahZid's posts

I don't want Merriman anywhere near the Pats, he's coming off of a major knee injury and was just arrested for beating and choking his girlfriend.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeley Released : Yeah, the Chargers will trade Merriman to New England, perhaps their biggest rival outside of their division.  
    Posted by Muzwell[/QUOTE]

If we offer them a good enough deal, why not?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]I don't want Merriman anywhere near the Pats, he's coming off of a major knee injury and was just arrested for beating and choking his girlfriend.
    Posted by RahZid[/QUOTE]

Tila Tequila is a liar. She probably just did this to get some attention. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeley Released : Tila Tequila is a liar. She probably just did this to get some attention. 

or merriman is a roid raging pyscho nut job who is so f-ing stupid he can't stop getting suspended. The guy was gonna try and play football on a torn acl ignoring every doctor involved. He can stay in SD the place that gets rid of a Drew Brees and LT combo and fires there coach after a 14-2 season. Hilarious!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feeley Released : They drafted his replacement in this year's draft. (Larry English)

Merriman is a FA after this season, I doubt they're giving up a possible top 10 pick in 2011 for 1 season of him.  It's also not likely SD will trade him to their biggest competition for the AFC crown.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I was just using Shawne as an example. This can apply to any OLB with Adalius Thomaslike abilities. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Elvis Dumervil for example.