Felix Jones

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Felix Jones

Felix is coming in for a visit Wednesday and Thursday. Kind of interesting...makes me wonder what they think of Vareen durability wise. Felix had 46 catches a couple of years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: Felix Jones

If they sign him they'd have 4 Jones on the team . . .  a violation of NFL rules!   They also signed another running back yesterday, Akeen Shavers . . .  has to make you wonder what's going on!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

The guy is only 26 (same as Blount), and he can catch. Belichick has been known to turn guy's careers around that have talent - I remember Kevin Faulk before Belochick got a hold of him...he was an injury or fumble waiting to happen. Now he is remembered as the best third down back in our history.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

The guy is only 26 (same as Blount), and he can catch. Belichick has been known to turn guy's careers around that have talent - I remember Kevin Faulk before Belochick got a hold of him...he was an injury or fumble waiting to happen. Now he is remembered as the best third down back in our history.

Kevin Faulk was drafted by the Patriots.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

If healthy, he'd be a good pick up.

But I wonder why he's still out of a job?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

He's never been a starter, never eclipsed 1000 yards, can't stay healthy... just another warm body for camp or unless somebody gets hurt. I think BB is trying to light a fire under Bolden and Ridley for that matter.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Actually Faulk was a fumbler even after BB got hold of him. But he did eventually learn to hang on to the damned thing. Hated him before that, loved him after.

Boy does this team miss the awesome things he could do when it mattered.

I say give FJ a shot. Because I'm still not seeing anybody that comes close to filling KFs shoes on this team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I'm still not seeing anybody that comes close to filling KFs shoes on this team.

Those are pretty dam big shoes.  No shame in that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

An interesting choice to kick the tires on.  The guy is a real HR threat with the ball in his hands.  Health has always been an issue, but BB doesn't seem to mind chasing upside on injured guys.  Considering he wouldn't be relied on to stay healthy he is an intriguing option for sure.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

An interesting choice to kick the tires on.  The guy is a real HR threat with the ball in his hands.  Health has always been an issue, but BB doesn't seem to mind chasing upside on injured guys.  Considering he wouldn't be relied on to stay healthy he is an intriguing option for sure.

jones is eplosive

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

he was horrible last season. pats need someone to handle the bulk of carries in preseason to keep the real backs fresh and healthy. if we signed jones it would be for preseason carries and to put heat on vareen and ridley (i think the blount move had something to do with that too). BB likes pushing his young players. Barbie Carpenter was never going to beat out our young LB's but he served a similar purpose last summer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

One thing about Jones he is a Homerun hitter, always has been. Very fast, for Runningback. Tougher than I thought. No problem with this.

Jones never was the featured RB, 10-15 touches a game. But with his speed, brings a new dimension to this Offense. You think we might throw a screen pass again to a RB?

Also starting to think BB is getting away from the Slot reciever Offense, this is good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

BB comfort zone is to carry 5 backs. There is no doubt Ridley and Vareen are 1 and 2. Bolden and Blount are concerns. Washington simply is not a RB anymore.

The post draft "leaking" from the war room was that Lattimore was discussed, but he was taken sooner than thought.

The cause for concern was because a mistake was made that Woody wasnt resigned. The reduced salary for Blount, or the vets min for a guy like Jones vs what Woody signed for made it a no brainer.

Posters speak of Faulk here. but Woody was on that path. Blocking, Pass catching, handfull of carries per game, doesnt fumble, clutch. IN a pinch could start and give the team 20-25 carries.

Bolden was clearly in the dog house after the suspension. No one knows if his production was steroid related except the Pats. Bringing in Blount and maybe Jones means they to are concrned about RB depth behind Ridley and Vareen

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Why bother with RB's?  All us genius posters know Brady forces BB to let him design the weekly game plan which only consists of shotgun spread sets.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

I know the guy has a durability issue but does he still have his speed? This guy was electric in the open field, and once he was by you, you were not going to catch him from behind . If he still has that breakaway speed, he'd be worth a look in camp.

But I won't get all warm and fuzzy about him yet...last time I looked the Cowboys don't have a great back.

He has his speed. Cowboys used him incorrectly. He should get 6-9 touches a game. And paid accordingly. He could be very effective if used that way. Very good pass catcher, breakaway speed, capable blocker. Good Woody replacement.

Philly on him as well...if he wants to be here, and accept the $$$ that his role warrants, he would make the team and contribute...I like the idea.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

BB comfort zone is to carry 5 backs. There is no doubt Ridley and Vareen are 1 and 2. Bolden and Blount are concerns. Washington simply is not a RB anymore.

The post draft "leaking" from the war room was that Lattimore was discussed, but he was taken sooner than thought.

The cause for concern was because a mistake was made that Woody wasnt resigned. The reduced salary for Blount, or the vets min for a guy like Jones vs what Woody signed for made it a no brainer.

Posters speak of Faulk here. but Woody was on that path. Blocking, Pass catching, handfull of carries per game, doesnt fumble, clutch. IN a pinch could start and give the team 20-25 carries.

Bolden was clearly in the dog house after the suspension. No one knows if his production was steroid related except the Pats. Bringing in Blount and maybe Jones means they to are concrned about RB depth behind Ridley and Vareen

Agree. I thought they should have signed woody instead of Edelman..or maybe both. Woody although not flashy, was productive and produced in a KF type of way when we needed it. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Why bother with RB's?  All us genius posters know Brady forces BB to let him design the weekly game plan which only consists of shotgun spread sets.

You're starting to wake up now, huh TCal? Lol

I am sure you cheer when Brady sucks over 4 qtrs in the shotgun spread set, think it's 1968 where 14 points woud win you a playoff game or SB, and think constant 3 and outs or turnovers are super dee duper for our defense.

Hey, how about we don't move the ball from our 20 and then punt it over and over? Do you think our D will pitch a shutout? lmao

Still waiting for our D to get off of  Lucas Field. You think maybe the D could get a 3 and out and allow Brady more posessions? Yea lets expect Brady to continue to lead the offense to its 30 pt average with HALF the time to do so and a 4 man rush that gives him 2.5 seconds to throw while keeping 7 guys back to cover 4. Stop Trolling Russ, I think people know where you stand at this point. Brady S*cked over 4 quarters!?!?!?  Ok, Sure and our D playe Fantastic right???   L.T.G.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

well one "genius" poster does anyway

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Hey rusty, was it really necessary to say that Faulk was drafted in the second round by Grier as a panic move to replace Robert Edwards? We all knew that, didn't we? Although some still think Marcus Cannon was drafted in the second (you). Bawaha!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Can't stay healthy. End of discussion for me, the team has enough durability question marks on offense without bringing in another

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I am sure you cheer when Brady sucks over 4 qtrs in the shotgun spread set, think it's 1968 where 14 points woud win you a playoff game or SB, and think constant 3 and outs or turnovers are super dee duper for our defense.

Hey, how about we don't move the ball from our 20 and then punt it over and over? Do you think our D will pitch a shutout? lmao

Still waiting for our D to get off of  Lucas Field. You think maybe the D could get a 3 and out and allow Brady more posessions? Yea lets expect Brady to continue to lead the offense to its 30 pt average with HALF the time to do so and a 4 man rush that gives him 2.5 seconds to throw while keeping 7 guys back to cover 4. Stop Trolling Russ, I think people know where you stand at this point. Brady S*cked over 4 quarters!?!?!?  Ok, Sure and our D playe Fantastic right???   L.T.G.

you are right the defense was awful against indy in 2006, but against the giants in those two super bowls and vs the ravens this year, the defense kept the pats in the game and the offense couldnt capitalize.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

you are right the defense was awful against indy in 2006, but against the giants in those two super bowls and vs the ravens this year, the defense kept the pats in the game and the offense couldnt capitalize.

Ssssshhhh. You'll wake up the babe...