Feminization of Pro Football Continues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Feminization of Pro Football Continues

The "Polian pass rules" were just the beginning...but this is going way too far:

"Tom Brady
    was wearing pink-and-white cleats and Moss pink gloves during practice on Thursday. They are among the players wearing colorful accessories as part of the NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness month."

Roger Goodell must go!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues

Yeah, I couldn't believe that myself.  I just knew the trolls would jump on that.  I was surprised none did.  Maybe all of the teams were doing this.  Isn't there a more manly way of showing breast cancer awareness?  Perhaps having the cheerleaders go topless for a game...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I couldn't believe that myself.  I just knew the trolls would jump on that.  I was surprised none did.  Maybe all of the teams were doing this.  Isn't there a more manly way of showing breast cancer awareness?  Perhaps having the cheerleaders go topless for a game...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

At least we'll have proof the "Save the Ta-Tas" slogan is working!!  LOL.....

Yeah, it is funky to see pink gloves and bats in baseball game, what next, a pink football?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In Response to Feminization of Pro Football Continues:
    [QUOTE]     The "Polian pass rules" were just the beginning...but this is going way too far: "Tom Brady was wearing pink-and-white cleats and Moss pink gloves during practice on Thursday. They are among the players wearing colorful accessories as part of the NFL's Breast Cancer Awareness month."        Roger Goodell must go!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Texas-- You are right as usual. How about a Prostrate Cancer Awareness Day? All cancers are bad but football is an entertaining sport. Can we not enjoy it without being reminded of the not so pleasant parts of life? My brother just died from cancer. Also the proliferation of women sideline reporters needs to come to an end. Now I'm sure that statement will draw flak.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I don't have a problem with the "awareness" theme. But maybe they should just wear those pink ribbons instead of shoes, gloves, etc. It does seem a bit demeaning. If Goodell really wants to make a difference he should donate one week's worth of profits at the league level to research! A lot of players and coaches have lost wives, girlfriends, sisters, and mothers to this disease, so the thought is in the right place. But I fail to see how Randy wearing pink gloves will help their cause. At least it shouldn't affect the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from djbosox2004. Show djbosox2004's posts

The object of pink gloves,shoes,bats,etc. is to bring awareness.Apparently it`s working by this thread.Having lost my dad to cancer, and my girlfriend going through this terrible disease as we speak, I may be a little less objective. But I really don`t see it as a problem. I have`nt heard one single athlete complain about it so then why do the fans care?It`s not like they`re wearing a pink Tutu.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Do you people that are complaining think those little pink ribbons would really show up on television? Really, instead of trumpeting your false manliness, try having some compassion.

Real men are not afraid of pink! Thank the good lord there are some real men that play football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]Do you people that are complaining think those little pink ribbons would really show up on television? Really, instead of trumpeting your false manliness, try having some compassion. Real men are not afraid of pink! Thank the good lord there are some real men that play football.
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Best possible response to about the worst thread started in a while. Anyone complaining about this isn't a man.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I don't know about pink, but the brainless proliferation of stupid rules like the stupid horse collar rule leave pro football only one step away from touch football. And if you want to raise awareness about cancer, hand out cartons of cigarettes at the stadium.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I don't have a problem with the "awareness" theme. But maybe they should just wear those pink ribbons instead of shoes, gloves, etc. It does seem a bit demeaning. If Goodell really wants to make a difference he should donate one week's worth of profits at the league level to research! A lot of players and coaches have lost wives, girlfriends, sisters, and mothers to this disease, so the thought is in the right place. But I fail to see how Randy wearing pink gloves will help their cause. At least it shouldn't affect the games.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Bub...excuse me...but pink ribbons have no place on a football field. As one of the posters above put it...football is an entertainment sport. Why must we be subjected to be "made aware" of breast cancer? Can't we have any pure, free escape time anymore?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I was thinking the same thing Tex.I'm all for a good cause like raising breast cancer awareness,but couldn't they just hire Brock Lesnar to wrestle a dozen pink midgets at half-time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues :      Bub...excuse me...but pink ribbons have no place on a football field. As one of the posters above put it...football is an entertainment sport. Why must we be subjected to be "made aware" of breast cancer? Can't we have any pure, free escape time anymore?

TP3:

Unfortunately, with the overflow of information/entertainment available to the average fan out there....many worthwhile messages have to resort to these measures to get their point accross. Like you, I don't like the idea of seeing pink on the football field either....but weighing such distaste vs. the scourge being fought against (cancer)...I can live with seeing pink once during the season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : Best possible response to about the worst thread started in a while. Anyone complaining about this isn't a man.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Amen. This thread is pathetic on so many levels. First, it's not like Brady is wearing pink clothes to shill some commercial product. It's for cancer for crying out loud! If you want the NFL to be your own private little reality distortion chamber shielded from the horrors of life, why don't you object when they salute fallen war heroes? When the bombers fly over the stadium? When they trot out the military? Why did the NFL have the nerve to spoil the SB vs. the Rams with all that 9/11 stuff. That sure ruined it for me. Please.

Man, war sure sounds a whole lot scarier than some pink shoes to me.

And to equate an awareness campaign with the evolution of the rules is a ridiculous reach. The rules have to evolve with the game. The players are bigger, faster, stronger than ever. Wanna see the stretcher or the cart come out on every play? Great, keep the rules the same.

You can keep pushing your little Goodell jihad as long as you like, but I sure prefer an NFL where the players have at least a bit of a disincentive to end my QB's career with a hit to the knees or carry a gun into a club.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues : TP3: Unfortunately, with the overflow of information/entertainment available to the average fan out there....many worthwhile messages have to resort to these measures to get their point accross. Like you, I don't like the idea of seeing pink on the football field either....but weighing such distaste vs. the scourge being fought against (cancer)...I can live with seeing pink once during the season.
    Posted by Belenus555[/QUOTE]

Who the hell doesn't know about cancer?? Why do we have to be "reminded" of it during our football escape?? Aren't there enough commercials, and other forms of media "reminding" us? Theres' enough "political correctness" out there everywhere to ckoke a horse!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Feminization of Pro Football Continues :      Who the hell doesn't know about cancer?? Why do we have to be "reminded" of it during our football escape?? Aren't there enough commercials, and other forms of media "reminding" us? Theres' enough "political correctness" out there everywhere to ckoke a horse!

I'm pretty sure everyone knows about beer and pickup trucks, and no one objects to the stream of reminders to those during games. This is hilarious. Mass. is just about as liberal as it gets and now we're going to criticize the Boston team for being too politically correct.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Speaking for myself, my post was lighthearted, unless someone thinks I'm really advocating having the cheerleaders go topless for a game.  Before anyone jumps on a high horse and says this is nothing to be lighthearted about, spare me.  If you watch any of the late night comics, been to any comedy show, or even joke at work, you have probably laughed at something equally distasteful to someone.  There are a million ways to die in this world, and only a few of them are easy.  Most things, especially diseases and cancers, are pretty bad.  Most of us have had family or friends go in a bad way.

The NFL is appealing to the woman fans with this, and there is nothing at all wrong with that.  However, if you can't see any humor/oddity at all in having football players wear pink, you live on a different planet than the one I live on.  I'm quite certain that if I watch a game in any public setting (i.e. bar, Best Buy, private party, etc.), and they show a close-up of a football player in pink shoes, I'll hear a lot of laughter and snide remarks.  I guess the one person out of a hundred that will sit there and say, "that's not funny", posts on this board.

If anyone thinks I'm not a "real" man, get off of your high horse and kiss my a#$.  There's this strange movement going on in the US right now.  I get a feeling that before long only guys that go around kissing men, wearing makeup, and hanging out with the girls on a shopping spree will be considered real men.  I'm not a homophobe or a male chauvinist, and I don't try to keep my wife barefoot and pregnant.  I'm just someone who thinks it's OK to act like a man.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"How about a Prostrate Cancer Awareness Day? All cancers are bad but football is an entertaining sport. Can we not enjoy it without being reminded of the not so pleasant parts of life? My brother just died from cancer. Also the proliferation of women sideline reporters needs to come to an end."  -TSWFAN

Dittos.

Hey, If Randy Moss chooses to where pink gloves for the rest of the season does he end up paying fines ? Does Goodell or the league have a problem with it then ? Bet they would.
    Let's do it right or not do it at all, whaddayathink ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only feminization of Football that I have a problem with is when girls wear those white and pink Jerseys. Wear the team colors or don't wear the jersey at all. 

The Breast cancer thing, I think you lads are overreacting. I don't think it's really manditory for the players to wear pink. I think it's voluntary. Plus, it's for a good cause. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking for myself, my post was lighthearted, unless someone thinks I'm really advocating having the cheerleaders go topless for a game.  Before anyone jumps on a high horse and says this is nothing to be lighthearted about, spare me.  If you watch any of the late night comics, been to any comedy show, or even joke at work, you have probably laughed at something equally distasteful to someone.  There are a million ways to die in this world, and only a few of them are easy.  Most things, especially diseases and cancers, are pretty bad.  Most of us have had family or friends go in a bad way.   The NFL is appealing to the woman fans with this, and there is nothing at all wrong with that.  However, if you can't see any humor/oddity at all in having football players wear pink, you live on a different planet than the one I live on.  I'm quite certain that if I watch a game in any public setting (i.e. bar, Best Buy, private party, etc.), and they show a close-up of a football player in pink shoes, I'll hear a lot of laughter and snide remarks.  I guess the one person out of a hundred that will sit there and say, "that's not funny", posts on this board. If anyone thinks I'm not a "real" man, get off of your high horse and kiss my a#$.  There's this strange movement going on in the US right now.  I get a feeling that before long only guys that go around kissing men, wearing makeup, and hanging out with the girls on a shopping spree will be considered real men.  I'm not a homophobe or a male chauvinist, and I don't try to keep my wife barefoot and pregnant.  I'm just someone who thinks it's OK to act like a man.

Undecided IDK, this sounds pretty homophobic to me. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ritchie-az. Show Ritchie-az's posts

For Colon Cancer awareness games do the players wear brown shoes and latex gloves?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portcallen99. Show portcallen99's posts

from TexasPat3:

"Can't we have any pure, free escape time anymore?"

well, after we get rid of the flurry and onslaught of advertisements during every pro football game, it'd be pure.

what's really funny, lame, and pathetic is to watch a touchdown/PA then sit thru an ad, then watch a few seconds of a kickoff return, then right back to watching another endless ad.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

carawaydj: your last post was excellent. Breast cancer is a powerful lobby and a huge business, so they have this kind of influence. Men die of breast cancer but how many people know that? Or that men's fertility is half of what it was 40--50 years ago? Hey, just examples.

I do think trying to cripple somebody on the field is unsportsmanlike to say the least, but horse collaring is a lame rule. I busted up a few guys when I played, but never on purpose and I got injured by other guys on purpose. My uncle played Div. 1 O-line in the 40's and bragged about chopping guys. That was then. I think there should be 2 leagues: one with good rules and one with none. I don't respect people who enjoy cruelty--they could then laugh when a Darryl Stingly hit happens with no remorse from the goons.

Men have been p*ssy-fied for a loooong time--since the feminist attacks of the sixties and it's very sad. Straight men are kissing each other, a long-standing tradition in many cultures but not ours. They are getting mani-pedi's and wearing make-up and getting vain plastic surgery and hair transplants (better than toupe's!). It's probably beyond going back and I'm not happy about it.

Act like a man: care about all people and defend their rights, even if it includes an opinion on wearing pink shoes in football.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanwell. Show Stanwell's posts

I thought it was a little funny, but... it was just a practice. It was not a televised game. And Anyone can buy a commercial in a televised game -- and does. I have to hear quite a lot of things I'd rather not hear about, on game day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"And to equate an awareness campaign with the evolution of the rules is a ridiculous reach. The rules have to evolve with the game. The players are bigger, faster, stronger than ever. Wanna see the stretcher or the cart come out on every play? Great, keep the rules the same."

That's why I watch golf.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeNapoli. Show DeNapoli's posts

[QUOTE]Speaking for myself, my post was lighthearted, unless someone thinks I'm really advocating having the cheerleaders go topless for a game.  Before anyone jumps on a high horse and says this is nothing to be lighthearted about, spare me.  If you watch any of the late night comics, been to any comedy show, or even joke at work, you have probably laughed at something equally distasteful to someone.  There are a million ways to die in this world, and only a few of them are easy.  Most things, especially diseases and cancers, are pretty bad.  Most of us have had family or friends go in a bad way.   The NFL is appealing to the woman fans with this, and there is nothing at all wrong with that.  However, if you can't see any humor/oddity at all in having football players wear pink, you live on a different planet than the one I live on.  I'm quite certain that if I watch a game in any public setting (i.e. bar, Best Buy, private party, etc.), and they show a close-up of a football player in pink shoes, I'll hear a lot of laughter and snide remarks.  I guess the one person out of a hundred that will sit there and say, "that's not funny", posts on this board. If anyone thinks I'm not a "real" man, get off of your high horse and kiss my a#$.  There's this strange movement going on in the US right now.  I get a feeling that before long only guys that go around kissing men, wearing makeup, and hanging out with the girls on a shopping spree will be considered real men.  I'm not a homophobe or a male chauvinist, and I don't try to keep my wife barefoot and pregnant.  I'm just someone who thinks it's OK to act like a man.