Final Pats/Ravens Thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Final Pats/Ravens Thoughts

after the game i threw a thread up of my inital thought that the Ravens more lost the game than the Pats winning.

i renig my first thought here. even though i still think Baltimore playing horrible helped us alot. Flacco shoulda had Smith on that first drive for a TD if he throws it nice. that 3 and 1 and 4th and 1 play call was horrible by them... but

the offense was great. finally we get to see how effective we can be when they stick to the run consistently. the only thing that scared me was the execution in the third quarter where we couldnt drop the dagger but all in all such a great performance running the ball which opened up the play action making it alot easier on the O-line, which deserves hugeee props for who went out there with young guys who all stepped up and played great. mankins handled Suggs (thank you)

defensively what a game. what a game. they stopped the run, not surprising though since Ray Rice is horrible. but the PAss D was great. Talib's name was barely called which is always a great thing meaning whoever he was on was never open. Logan Ryan has a nac for the ball. he just has that natural instinct. hopefully he continues to develop and get better. he deserves a chance to play slot over Arrington. but all in all there was great 3rd down pass rush all game long and coverage was always tight and they just manhandled a worse Baltimore team.

great game by the pats and like many have said on here the best road win they have had in a awhile. also the monkey of the Ravens is now off their back.

Play of the Game: Blount's 2nd TD only for the sole fact that he did Ray Lewis' dance in the Ravens house baby. that was just great. and he owned the dance too. loved it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Final Pats/Ravens Thoughts

dont normally post gifs but this was deserving. F the Ravens!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Footballexpert45. Show Footballexpert45's posts

Blount will be a huge factor for the Pats in the Playoffs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

after the game i threw a thread up of my inital thought that the Ravens more lost the game than the Pats winning.

i renig my first thought here. even though i still think Baltimore playing horrible helped us alot. Flacco shoulda had Smith on that first drive for a TD if he throws it nice. that 3 and 1 and 4th and 1 play call was horrible by them... but

the offense was great. finally we get to see how effective we can be when they stick to the run consistently. the only thing that scared me was the execution in the third quarter where we couldnt drop the dagger but all in all such a great performance running the ball which opened up the play action making it alot easier on the O-line, which deserves hugeee props for who went out there with young guys who all stepped up and played great. mankins handled Suggs (thank you)

defensively what a game. what a game. they stopped the run, not surprising though since Ray Rice is horrible. but the PAss D was great. Talib's name was barely called which is always a great thing meaning whoever he was on was never open. Logan Ryan has a nac for the ball. he just has that natural instinct. hopefully he continues to develop and get better. he deserves a chance to play slot over Arrington. but all in all there was great 3rd down pass rush all game long and coverage was always tight and they just manhandled a worse Baltimore team.

great game by the pats and like many have said on here the best road win they have had in a awhile. also the monkey of the Ravens is now off their back.

Play of the Game: Blount's 2nd TD only for the sole fact that he did Ray Lewis' dance in the Ravens house baby. that was just great. and he owned the dance too. loved it.

[/QUOTE]

The best part for me was listening to the broadcasters make endless excuses for Flaco and the Ravens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Footballexpert45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Blount will be a huge factor for the Pats in the Playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

he and ridley who has gained alot of confidence back too. on that 2nd and 7 when he carried 3/4 ravens for 4 yards to get the first down was a great run. both of these guys look fresh at the end of the year which is great

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

That was hilarious. Blount's status just went up a few notches in my book.

[/QUOTE]

same!! loved it, blount is a G!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

One final thought on the game that I noticed and would like comment. Watching Ridley run, he doesn't get reckless with the ball when he spins with his back to the line. The ball is not secure when he makes a cut. He is a scoot cutter. He jumps into his cuts, and when he jumps, the ball comes away from his body.

did anyone else notice this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One final thought on the game that I noticed and would like comment. Watching Ridley run, he doesn't get reckless with the ball when he spins with his back to the line. The ball is not secure when he makes a cut. He is a scoot cutter. He jumps into his cuts, and when he jumps, the ball comes away from his body.

[/QUOTE]

yes, he did that sutpid spin at the line yet again yesterday. i thought he would learn his lesson from the Denver game doing that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Scoot cutter??? Sorry, though it apears you do talk to guys who have played, and maybe tip you off to news within the league, its hard to fake the real knowledge of the game. The move is actually called a "Jump Cut".  The ball comes away from his body due to the need to maintain balance for when he hits the ground on the subsequent step allowing him to go in either direction with equal effectiveness as he makes this decision while in the air. Keeping the ball against his body while jump cutting usually makes an immediate cut to the ball side hand harder as it throws off balance and slows momentum making the maneuver less effective. Try it sometime, I have. Having been a kick returner, I employed it regulary. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was hilarious. Blount's status just went up a few notches in my book.

[/QUOTE]

Not into that showboat stuff really but shows balls to do that.  and something else which is harder to pin down or identify...  Don't need to, right...?

the hug from Brady ...  The Belichick type football that the run represents.

ONe other thing ... he's bigger than he is listed in the program... (6'0"-241?)   Look at him standing next to Brady who is a legit 6'4".  that guy is at least 6'1"-2"  which was Antowain smith's height and the height that he was listed at in college...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not into that showboat stuff really but shows balls to do that.  and something else which is harder to pin down or identify...  Don't need to, right...?

the hug from Brady ...  The Belichick type football that the run represents.

ONe other thing ... he's bigger than he is listed in the program... (6'0"-241?)   Look at him standing next to Brady who is a legit 6'4".  that guy is at least 6'1"-2"  which was Antowain smith's height and the height that he was listed at in college...

[/QUOTE]

blount is definitely atleast 6'2... normally they over do guys on programs and listings heights but i guess not

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree F the Ravens! They are clearly the whiniest team in the league.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I think alot of teams might be say uh-oh. Patriots played great on bith sides of the ball, git and early lead and was able to keep it through out the game.

I think the Patriots turnend the corner on a hard year, and look ready to be a force in the playoffs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think alot of teams might be say uh-oh. Patriots played great on bith sides of the ball, git and early lead and was able to keep it through out the game.

I think the Patriots turnend the corner on a hard year, and look ready to be a force in the playoffs

[/QUOTE]

no doubt. this was a statement game to the NFL- "don't count us out. yeah we've struggled but we still the top dogs. we are coming, look out"

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Scoot cutter??? Sorry, though it apears you do talk to guys who have played, and maybe tip you off to news within the league, its hard to fake the real knowledge of the game. The move is actually called a "Jump Cut".  The ball comes away from his body due to the need to maintain balance for when he hits the ground on the subsequent step allowing him to go in either direction with equal effectiveness as he makes this decision while in the air. Keeping the ball against his body while jump cutting usually makes an immediate cut to the ball side hand harder as it throws off balance and slows momentum making the maneuver less effective. Try it sometime, I have. Having been a kick returner, I employed it regulary. 

[/QUOTE]

If you jump cutted returning kicks, that's one thing, but to do it regularly through the line of scrimmage is not reassuring if you have a fumbling problem. Good runners are compact, don't need to jump to generate speed and moves, and keep their legs mudding through the trash rather than turning their backs to the defense. 

I think Ridley has talent, but I think his running style, smarts and ability to take coaching leave something to be desired.

I thought this guy was going to take the next step. I thought he'd be running lower by now, more compact. I thought he'd be pass blocking by his third year. I thought he'd be catching 35 passes a year by now. He's the same guy now as the one who walked through those doors as a rookie...and that's too bad because we need him. He had a nice run at the end of the game, but he needs to do a lot more than that to make up for this season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to melwitts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lmfao..W T F is a "scoot-cutter"?...I've never heard that term, EVER, 'cept here, now...must be a term of "art" at ESPN...lmfao!

[/QUOTE]

I don't really care about terminology and where it comes from but in high school our coach never called them linebackers he always called them his "pluggers". The reasoning is obvious but I have never heard them called that by anyone else. I figured it was some old leather helmet pre world war 2 term for linebacker that he stuck with despite the fact no one else did.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Except for the one where he got hit on teh head, every fumble he made was because he takes one hand off the ball to ward off, when engaging in traffic, and when he is fighting extra yards after getting wrapped. Has nothing to do with how he does his cuts.