Finally a positive article about the Patriots

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Finally a positive article about the Patriots

One not written by Reiss anyways.

Tom Curran's article gets the facts straight comparing the Patriots and Colts this decade.

Curran actually includes the playoffs in winning streaks and win totals. Wow, what a concept!

He also talks about the money spent by the two teams.

He even corrects his friend Borges on a few points.

http://www.csnne.com/pages/landing_patriots?Keeping-the-facts-straight-on-Pats-and-C=1&blockID=176085&feedID=3946

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Finally a positive article about the Patriots

Preach it!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Good find, digger.

I don't have the time or interest to research all the facts and stats this guy used to back up his arguments but his conclusion confirms my gut feeling that the colts have a long way to go to equal the pats' performance in the first decade of the 2000s.

Manning seem to be the obama of pro football. Why this man is worshipped in so many quarters is beyond my comprehension. Sure he's good but the facts show that he has yet to accomplish what tommy has already done.

Furthermore, tommy has done it without the supporting cast that manning has had since day one, namely HOF and probowl receivers, RBs, TEs, defensive linemen, a future HOF safety. Not to mention several large gift PI calls virtually every home game they play.

GO SAINTS!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Is it April yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Tcal The GM BB is waiting for the scouting reports from  the COS (chief of scouting) BB,then he'll put back on his tricorn hat and try and decide which way to go,he's going to mark each edge of the hat to decide each pick or he's going to go by the coin toss method where he as the HC moderates the coin toss between his DC and his OC alter egos,alternating the choices of whether heads or tails,with the winner getting to choose the player for that slot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Excellent!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

That was great, finally an honest reporter that tells it like it is. Wait till Sunday, DS will be chokeing on his big mac.

Comon Saints prove what the rest of us already know, Manning is a choke artist!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Now that is what I call the "God honest truth".
    Go Saints!!! (Okay that is really starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth)
    When does August 2010 get here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The Pats tend to make lots of good things happen before April.  Remember poaching RFA Wes Welker from the Phins?  Remember signing Moss for a fourth rounder?   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Tom Curran is a Pats apologist extraordinaire.  It would never surprise me that he would write a positive pats article.  In fact, he is such a belichick ball washer (a favorite board refrain regarding anyone who supports the colts), he even goes out of his way to criticize the colts.  Yesterday, I heard him on the radio and in the wake the colts superbowl, he talked about (in a negative way) the colts decision to rest players.  He is a chowd through and through.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsfelice. Show jsfelice's posts

maybe it's just me, but the Patriots fans on this board cut this undie-dog guy way too much slack. seems kinda odd that a "fan" of the indiana(baltimore) football
    franchise would be spending so much time taking shots at our team, our fans and an article that allows us to feel good about our Patriots, on the weekend that his team is in the SB. it's not like his insights are at all valuable, as he seems pretty sweet on that horse-faced fellow who is always pouting like someone stole his binky. i say let's all ignore him as we would ignore leon, ...if he was on fire, and standing outside the Cask&Flagon   ...with a horse-shoe on his hat.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AdrenalineJunkie. Show AdrenalineJunkie's posts

UD, I usually do not respond to you as I hope someday you will just go away... but instead of just calling Tom Curran an apologist, how about you tell what he wrote that is wrong?

Do the pats not have the record for most consecutive wins (without a playoff loss in the middle)?

Do the Pats not have 3 more superbowls than the Colts? I know this could change tomorrow?

Do the Pats not have more TOTAL wins in the decade? Even if they win on Sunday, they are still one game short.

Did the Pats not reach & win 2 more AFC championship games than the Colts?

To make it a little clearer for you:

COMPARISON SHOPPING

The Patriots and Colts between 2000 and 2009

OVERALL RECORD
    Patriots: 126-52
    Colts: 124-52 (one game remaining)

SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Patriots: 3
    Colts: 1 (with a chance at a second)

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    Patriots: 4
    Colts: 2

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP APPEARANCES
    Patriots: 5
    Colts: 3

PLAYOFF APPEARANCES
    Patriots: 8
    Colts: 9

ONE-AND-DONE PLAYOFF APPEARANCES
    Patriots: 1
    Colts: 5

BEST OVERALL WINNING STREAK
    Patriots: 21 (NFL record)
    Colts: 16 (NFL record of 22 consecutive regular-season wins was interrupted by a postseason loss)

UNDEFEATED REGULAR SEASONS
    Patriots: 1
    Colts: 0

So tell me, what exactly is it that makes him an apologist? Is it stating facts that you don't like b/c it shows that now matter what you say, over the last decade the Pats have been better? Tell me exactly what it is that he said that was so wrong.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdcsecurity. Show bdcsecurity's posts

We limit the rapid posting of multiple forum posts for quality reasons. You have submitted a forum post within the last several seconds. Please try again later.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Facts are facts, underdoggg

Tom Curran's biases don't negate the damning statistical evidence that the Patriots had a better decade than the Colts, even if they win tomorrow (they'll still be one win and one title short).