Fire Bill O'Brien

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from VMIPatsFan. Show VMIPatsFan's posts

Fire Bill O'Brien

Lets get to the real issue with the Patriots, it is the offense is missing a true offensive coordinator.  Bill O'Brien's play call have no rythm to them and he has no idea how to put is foot on the throat of his oppononent when he has them down (Indy game).  I vote for Charlie Weis to be on a plane tonight!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyMossinThem. Show RandyMossinThem's posts

Re: Fire Bill O'Brien

Agreed we need some Creativeness to our plays there very bland.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Bad news friend it appeared to me that BB took control of the offensive play calling. Considering he is also the defensive coordinator this is probably a lose lose situation. We need Charlie. We are 0-4 on the road. WOW.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nepatsfan523. Show nepatsfan523's posts

This gonna be a pipe dream, but what the hell

At Joshy Mcdonalds passed the ball around. The gameplan was horrible and they couldnt do a simple adjust: THROW THE BALL TO THE GUYS THEY ARENT COVERING TIGHT (COUGH COUGH AIKEN/STANBACK??? (WHERE THE F WAS EDELMAN, INACTIVE YOU SAY?!?!)

I really want Weis back. AInt gonna happen though unless Weis REALLY wants to come back and waits.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joncort2. Show joncort2's posts

Are you joking?  The offense is not the problem, they could have scored a couple of late touchdowns to make it close if they wanted to march it down slowly, but went for the only option that gave them a chance to WIN, which was taking chances.  The problem is D and Pees has no business coaching at this level.  He cannot call a play to get pressure on a QB, which would expose even the best secondary out there. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien:
    [QUOTE]Are you joking?  The offense is not the problem, they could have scored a couple of late touchdowns to make it close if they wanted to march it down slowly, but went for the only option that gave them a chance to WIN, which was taking chances.  The problem is D and Pees has no business coaching at this level.  He cannot call a play to get pressure on a QB, which would expose even the best secondary out there. 
    Posted by joncort2[/QUOTE]

The problem I had with the offense is they should have come out in the second half in NO HUDDLE to change the pace of the game! Not sure if it's O'Brian or BB on offenses!   As for the Defense, it is definetly still a work in progress & but that is NO excuse for their loss!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from VMIPatsFan. Show VMIPatsFan's posts

The Patriots started the game running right up the middle on the Saints, so what do we do spread them out and run outside.  Enough of the fancy gadget plays and just line up your best players against your opponents and because of the talent we will win the matchups.  Enough with Moss going over the middle; Aiken and Moss need to stretch the field and use Welker, Watson, and Edelman for the middle stuff. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

Pats lost to a superior club - 'nough said.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Fire Bill O'Brien:
    [QUOTE]Lets get to the real issue with the Patriots, it is the offense is missing a true offensive coordinator.  Bill O'Brien's play call have no rythm to them and he has no idea how to put is foot on the throat of his oppononent when he has them down (Indy game).  I vote for Charlie Weis to be on a plane tonight!!
    Posted by VMIPatsFan[/QUOTE] I second that motion.....We need to get some experienced help in the Coaching....Regardless of whether BELLICHECK agrees or not he needs help......Bill Obrien has never coached at this level...This trial and error agenda is ridiculous,,, Its great for your ego Bill but  this "learn under me and escape "School for Coordinators" is getting old !! As soon as they are knowledgeble enough to help they escape...First Mangini then Josh McDaniels  now another inexperienced student starting fresh!!! Please come home Charlie Weis

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Hire Charlie, let Bill stay as whatever his title is now...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

while i dont think it's the primary reason they lost this game (that would let our atrocious defense off the hook), i do agree wholeheartedly that BB owes it to his team to give them a legitimate OC. love BB to death and rarely second guess his decisions, but he may be beginning to overplay his hand when it comes to his self perceived ability to make anyone into a quality coordinator. whether last nights fiasco featured obrian calling the plays, BB calling the plays, or a combination of both...the fact of the matter is the gameplans and playcalling are very bland and predictable. BB should bring weiss back and focus on putting his personal stamp back on the defense again the way that he used to. this window of having brady/moss/welker will not stay open forever, and it seems like it's somewhat doing them a disservice wasting their talents on obrian's on-the-job training...IMHO

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Get a grip people. 

We're:
    #2 in total yards.
    #4 in total points scored.
    Wes Welker leads the league in receptions.
    Randy Moss leads the league in receiving yardage.
    Tom Brady is #2 in passings yards / has a QB rating of 96.5 despite being rusty.
    Maroney is running hard.

Last night we played an away game against a team that was hitting on all cylinders.  Sure we have some tweaking to do but lets not go crazy. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

[QUOTE]Get a grip people.  We're: #2 in total yards. #4 in total points scored. Wes Welker leads the league in receptions. Randy Moss leads the league in receiving yardage. Tom Brady is #2 in passings yards / has a QB rating of 96.5 despite being rusty. Maroney is running hard. Last night we played an away game against a team that was hitting on all cylinders.  Sure we have some tweaking to do but lets not go crazy. 
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]
    If our defense continues to allow so many yards on every play (runs, screens, slants, etc) and give up the big plays, it won't matter.  We can have a record-shattering offense, but if our defense cannot make any stops, it will allow the other team to both control the clock and score at will - which were two of our primary factors when we won the SBs (the other being turnover ratio).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

The Pats played a superior team last night. Bottomline, they are better than us in all 3 phases of the game. 
    We are not a championship caliber team. We are still good, but not great. And not good enough to win a SB this year.

Improvement needs to come all the way around. Simply hiring Weis back is not going to be enough. We need to draft and pick up FA's smarter. We need a OC, we need a true DC, we need a true 3 WR, we need, we need, we need. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DCfromBoston. Show DCfromBoston's posts

The Saints found and exploited our single coverages or wide-open guys and hit them with the ball in stride so they could keep running.

Brady was throwing to guys in double-coverage or throwing underneath to a guy who already had a linebacker sitting on him for no RAC. Also some very inaccurate throws -- high, low, behind people -- cost first downs and big yardage (Welker for TD up middle on one?).  One throw behind Faulk in the flat made him turn and stop which left him a dead duck for headhunter in full stride who creamed him -- that was on Brady.

For a decade, Pats have had schemes to attack coverage where it's weak. I thought with Saints DBs wracked up, last night would be the same. Someone has to explain why the attack couldn't find openings and why Brady missed so many who were open.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from achie. Show achie's posts

The problem is both Offense and defense. the offensive play calling is too predictable. Mostly they get set and take a LONG SHOT downfield, thats all they did. It worked in 2007, but teams have caught up to it and they need to update. JUST too da*n predictable. Add that to the second half meltdownno offense and you see a pattern. Before 2007, the play calling was more imaginative and brady working with average receivers was the best in the league. Now it seems all they do is throw a bomb downfield and get picked off.

As for the Defensive secondary? WAOW! Where is Ty law, Ty Poole and Harrison when you need them?

Consolidation thought. I still think the secondary is young and they need time to develop.  It just isnt pretty to be stomped by the SAINTS! There is good chance they can beat the Colts in the playoffs. The chargers are surging and look good even if against the chiefs.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALLDAWAYPATS. Show ALLDAWAYPATS's posts

[QUOTE]Get a grip people.  We're: #2 in total yards. #4 in total points scored. Wes Welker leads the league in receptions. Randy Moss leads the league in receiving yardage. Tom Brady is #2 in passings yards / has a QB rating of 96.5 despite being rusty. Maroney is running hard. Last night we played an away game against a team that was hitting on all cylinders.  Sure we have some tweaking to do but lets not go crazy. 
    Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

I think those figures are inflated due to facing the Titans and Bucs.  You could see that Brady was getting fustrated with the plays taking so long to come in and then when he did receive the play, he didn't seem thrilled about it.  I think bringing Weis in would allow Bill to focus on the D.  The offense seems Vanilla and predictable.  If an OC can't exploit two DB's that came off of the streets the week before, than he needs to go!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fire Bill O'Brien : If our defense continues to allow so many yards on every play (runs, screens, slants, etc) and give up the big plays, it won't matter.  We can have a record-shattering offense, but if our defense cannot make any stops, it will allow the other team to both control the clock and score at will - which were two of our primary factors when we won the SBs (the other being turnover ratio).
    Posted by NoHoldingCalls[/QUOTE]

I was making reference to our offensive play and QB coach.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Fire Bill O'Brien:
    [QUOTE]Lets get to the real issue with the Patriots, it is the offense is missing a true offensive coordinator.  Bill O'Brien's play call have no rythm to them and he has no idea how to put is foot on the throat of his oppononent when he has them down (Indy game).  I vote for Charlie Weis to be on a plane tonight!!
    Posted by VMIPatsFan[/QUOTE]

My complaint is this....I've noticed over the past several weeks that when put in the position to gain 4-5 yards they run a 3 yard pattern.  Why are they cutting it so close.  i realize my main focus is still on that play with Faulk and the Colts but they did it again last night with Welker as well.  It reminds me of the old days with mistakes Bledsoe and Grogan used to make. 

Even that call late in the 3rd, (4th and 4??) risky pass to Moss. I dunno, maybe it's because Welker does one thing over and over and Moss does the same.  Perhaps it's easy to defend.  Whereas other teams have 2-3 wideouts that are interchangeable. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

[QUOTE]This gonna be a pipe dream, but what the hell At Joshy Mcdonalds passed the ball around. The gameplan was horrible and they couldnt do a simple adjust: THROW THE BALL TO THE GUYS THEY ARENT COVERING TIGHT (COUGH COUGH AIKEN/STANBACK??? (WHERE THE F WAS EDELMAN, INACTIVE YOU SAY?!?!) I really want Weis back. AInt gonna happen though unless Weis REALLY wants to come back and waits.
    Posted by nepatsfan523[/QUOTE]

Last week against the Jets....Edelman was tackled on the sideline after a catch and came up holding that arm in a funny way.  I think he re-injured it on that play.  My guess he is week to week again.  regarding their woes.....they erred up big time on the Galloway situation.  They figured he would be that 3rd piece to give them three different looks.  He failed and Aiken is now tryoing to fill that role but is really a special teamer and 4th WRat best.  Edelman is a Welker clone and does not spread the field.  Tate, next year, will help the situation. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

In addition, not only were they hitting on all cylinders, but it also came down to mistakes.  In a game like that a team cannot mess up.  The interception after Welkers great punt return....was HUGE.  Instead of a potential 14-3 or 10-3 lead we were down 10-7.  Couple that with the missed FG and the failed 4th and 4 late in the 3rd and you take what would have been a close game and make it a blowout.  This is despite the defensive woes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lquintin. Show lquintin's posts

They were out-of-synch at times wasting time outs the only thing I didn't see was them letting the game clock expired like the Colts game.

Kraft getting by on the cheap trusting the offense to O'Brien instead of paying a proven coordinator to replace McDaniels.

Hell we are paying for the foot bridge over RT 1.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Posted by MarcW1[/QUOTE]

Are you crazy?  We have to overreact every time things don't go our way.  Fire everyone, get rid of the Krafts, tear down Gillette Stadium, paint new uniforms, and get some decent writers at the Boston Globe!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jsppro1. Show jsppro1's posts

I said this all along, The play calling is bad and the d-Line provides no paas rush.  That spells doom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNEPatsFan. Show TheNEPatsFan's posts

The problem is Randy Moss. He is not playing hard. He is supposed to run hard and separate himself from the DBs. He slows down and stops when the ball is not coming his way. This gives a hint to DBs and they can cheat. Also, he does not do good job on blocking. Saints and Colts WRs run fast and with all energy they have. They get open. That gives Brees and manning option to throw to them. Tom Brady needs such WRs. Wes Welker and Sam Aiken were playing great. I say trade Moss this offseason and get value for him while we can.

Coaches can draw all kinds of plans and plays but at the end players have to go out and play as if their life depends on each play.